Deleted

wod darkmoon trinkets worthless?

I'm really confused about this expansions' darkmoon trinkets / crafted gear in general.

You begin with crafting the 640 ilvl version of the trinkets which currently have a net worth of ~60-70k gold. As soon as the raids start, people will be running
    normal / hc versions and possibly obtain 670 ilvl trinkets within the first (few) week(s).

Now considering that you have to spend loads of crafting materials to create the upgraded versions of the darkmoon trinkets, is it even worth to craft them in the first place? Just for the first upgrade you need 150 soulbound materials, which convert to 15 wasted cards that you could have easily sold for about 100k gold, then you need 15 savage blood which again translates to about 30k gold, and thats just for the first crappy upgrade to 655 ilvl which is still way below heroic loot ilvl.

Same goes for the rest of crafted gear pieces, my guess is that it just takes way too much time / resources to craft phase 3 version of said items which are eventually replaced by better loot within in the first few weeks of raiding. I remember darkmoon trinkets in former expansions to be pretty much BiS for an entire raid season.

What do you think about crafting stuffin this expansion?

Guild bank covered my card for me, so I don't really care if I replace it first week of raiding. If it wasn't covered by the guild bank, I wouldn't have bothered. Upgrading it does seem to be a bit too expensive, however, even if the 3/3 did last an entire tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the upgrade items are considerably overpriced. They cost 1.5x the mats of crafted epic items in most cases, which makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    All of the upgrade items are considerably overpriced. They cost 1.5x the mats of crafted epic items in most cases, which makes no sense to me.
    I think there are lots of very overpriced crafted items atm. Like gems and enchants. The type and the amount of mats required to make them are ridiculous. Not to mention the 250 flasks.

Being on Bleeding Hollow US, most of our decks are in the range of 60-70k if you buy the deck, but only around 40-45k if you buy cards individually. That being said, even though you may replace these trinkets the first week, I don't really think that it's a waste. Most of the people getting these decks have the money to spend. I have acquired over 1.3 million gold on the server and 45k to me really is nothing at all and only takes about two or three days to get that much gold. Also gold aside, most of the people getting the trinkets are getting it so that their guild can progress much easier. Having these trinkets and the BOE epics aren't really for the casual raiders, but more for the top end guilds on servers that are willing to fork over millions of gold to make their progression easier. But I understand were you are coming from because in previous expansions these decks were a lot more useful, and were even used as BIS items for some classes throughout the raiding tier.

TL: DR -
    BOE epics are made for top end raiding guilds looking for a leg up on progression and not for the casual raider. Previous expansions showed that these decks were a lot more powerful than intended and blizz even said they didn't feel like the deck should be used throughout an entire tier/expansion (volcano deck).
    Last edited by Mickee; 2014-11-23 at 11:26 PM.