Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    The biggest addition I can suggest is actually something few (if any) players will need, and that's some means of automated the data collection for new classes and specs. I know I did some stuff for mages a while back, but manually getting all the data is, let's face it, a pain in the posterior. But if you could just get a frost mage at L110 to select each talent and do /hekilidownload or whatever, then send you the files...?
    I've thought about it recently, and the most viable solution as of late is to dump the DB from SimulationCraft -- I can gather class/spec abilities, auras, etc. and then reformat that data to get the basic framework for a class or spec. Every ability ultimately needs its own handler(s) generated, but it would give a better starting point, faster.

Managing updates would still be laborious, based on rechecking everything.

There are lots of inconsistencies in this game. Sometimes, a glyph actually switches a spell to a different ID, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you can rely on referring to an aura by its name, sometimes you can't. Sometimes, there's no way to find something via the API unless you've already been tracking for it (last spell cast, last target, actual active targets, etc.).
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

When I am using Seraphim, Hekili advise me - at the last seconds of Seraphim - to cast CS even though I have enough HP to cast TV while Seraphim is still active and not after Seraphim faded.
    Wouldnt it be better to cast TV while Seraphim is active?
    If yes, how can I change this?

Quote Originally Posted by WildThings View Post
    When I am using Seraphim, Hekili advise me - at the last seconds of Seraphim - to cast CS even though I have enough HP to cast TV while Seraphim is still active and not after Seraphim faded.
    Wouldnt it be better to cast TV while Seraphim is active?
    If yes, how can I change this?
    In simulation, it seems to be marginal. In game, perhaps it is more important. Without doing a lot of additional testing, I did a quick and dirty job of adding another TV entry before CS. It looks like this.

Take note of its position in the Ret: Single action list. Basically, the logic is "if Seraphim is up, you have 3 HoPo, and Seraphim will remain up for fewer than 2 GCDs, go ahead and TV." The list then short-circuits before recommending more HoPo generators.

There could be adverse impacts. When I just tested it, it seemed like it can definitely impact the rhythm of the rotation since it will potentially make you burn all your HoPo instead of floating at 3-5 like the Seraphim APL generally recommends.

Nice work!
    I just wanted to test it, but my Ret: Single action list is much longer than urs (49 points at all, like with Holy Prism) so I don´t know where to put this "TV Seraphim Drop".

Could you maybe give me the most actual and best simulationcraft action list so I can import it?
    That would be really great!

I also noticed another thing.
    When you play with Seraphim and AW is up for 30 seconds than this situation happen:
    Hekili says - what is right - short before I can cast Seraphim again, to safe some spells for after I casted Seraphim.
    But it also says that I should save HoW to use after Seraphim is casted even though AW will be faded than and (if boss is over 35%) I won´t be able to cast HoW.
    So instead of doing nothing (for 1-2 GCDs) its better to cast HoW (when boss is over 35%) cause you won´t be able to cast HoW because AW will be faded than.

I hope you understand what I mean.
    If so, might there be a possibilty to change this?

Nice work!
    I just wanted to test it, but my Ret: Single action list is much longer than urs (49 points at all, like with Holy Prism) so I don´t know where to put this "TV Seraphim Drop".

Could you maybe give me the most actual and best simulationcraft action list so I can import it?
    That would be really great!
    The latest SimulationCraft is the default in the addon, unless there's an update I don't know about.

My Ret: Single is exactly the default. You can add an action (which will go to the end of the list) and then move its position using the Position dropdown in the upper right of the image.

I also noticed another thing.
    When you play with Seraphim and AW is up for 30 seconds than this situation happen:
    Hekili says - what is right - short before I can cast Seraphim again, to safe some spells for after I casted Seraphim.
    But it also says that I should save HoW to use after Seraphim is casted even though AW will be faded than and (if boss is over 35%) I won´t be able to cast HoW.
    So instead of doing nothing (for 1-2 GCDs) its better to cast HoW (when boss is over 35%) cause you won´t be able to cast HoW because AW will be faded than.

I hope you understand what I mean.
    If so, might there be a possibilty to change this?
    I'll take a look. The logic for HoW can be complicated because I like to trust when the game says HoW is usable, and it doesn't always fulfill its own criteria (i.e., that shielding dude back in Highmaul).

I just downloaded the addon tro try opt my ret, so 1st thank you Hekili for your work, addon seems much more responsive than clcret and you have opts for empS and sera which is great.

Now, I read solsacra thread that with FV you start cleave FV/DS at 2+
    and that when using empty drinking horn SoR comes in play at 2+ and HotR at 3+
    So I just gave it a try at the targets dummys attacking all 3 to see if the rotation would match that, FV/DS seems to change the priority but no go for sor and hotr
    Then I went for the action list to lower the target counts for those abilities to match with EDH and I found there is already a check for that at the Retefault actionList.

My understanding from that list is that it checks if you have empS and EDH and number of targets to recommend the seal SoT or SoR, but regardless of what talents and seal Id use the addon didnt shown any of these recommendations.
    Further testing shown that empS is working the addon changes the priority to cicle seals, **the thing seems to be the EDH check equipped.empty_drinking_horn which value says UNK:equipped** I DO HAVE THE TRINKET EQUIP

Also is it possible to make the cleave/ST shown in a single bar based on the amount of active targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Odahz View Post
    I just downloaded the addon tro try opt my ret, so 1st thank you Hekili for your work, addon seems much more responsive than clcret and you have opts for empS and sera which is great.

Now, I read solsacra thread that with FV you start cleave FV/DS at 2+
    and that when using empty drinking horn SoR comes in play at 2+ and HotR at 3+
    So I just gave it a try at the targets dummys attacking all 3 to see if the rotation would match that, FV/DS seems to change the priority but no go for sor and hotr
    Then I went for the action list to lower the target counts for those abilities to match with EDH and I found there is already a check for that at the Retefault actionList.

My understanding from that list is that it checks if you have empS and EDH and number of targets to recommend the seal SoT or SoR, but regardless of what talents and seal Id use the addon didnt shown any of these recommendations.
    Further testing shown that empS is working the addon changes the priority to cicle seals, **the thing seems to be the EDH check equipped.empty_drinking_horn which value says UNK:equipped** I DO HAVE THE TRINKET EQUIP

Also is it possible to make the cleave/ST shown in a single bar based on the amount of active targets?
    Equipped checks aren't supported at this time. Maybe I'll throw something together this evening.

@Hekili:
    So would u reccommend using the action list, what is the first standard, when u download the addon, or importing the action list by simulationcrafting my own character?

Would be nice, if u look at this situation with HoW. I always try to improve untill its the best possible way.

Posting a new alpha with support for equipped.empty_drinking_horn now. It'll be on Curse.

- - - Updated - - -

@Hekili:
    So would u reccommend using the action list, what is the first standard, when u download the addon, or importing the action list by simulationcrafting my own character?
    The action list import is only really necessary when I've been lazy (or too busy) to post an update when SimulationCraft updates. It's rarely significant to your individual character.

Would be nice, if u look at this situation with HoW. I always try to improve untill its the best possible way.
    It's a matter of choosing when to be wrong; situations like Highmaul where you can use HoW despite the enemy having more than 35% health, or situations like this where your AW expires and HoW should get turned back off (unless target has < 35% health). Still debating.

I've said it before and just wanted to say it again: This is the finest rotation helper I've ever had the pleasure of using. Thank you for all your work. I hope it continues in legion and hopefully ret will be near the top of your to do list.

Just reinstalled hekili (including deleting all settings), but my ret: single action list is still 49 points long.
    So on which position should I put the "TV Seraphim Drop"?

I also noticed that under ret: single it says, that Mass Exorcism (glyphend exo) displaces Judgment, when there are 2 or more targets.
    But in the 6.2 Retribution Theorycrafting guide, it says, that Mass Exorcism displaces Judgment just, when there are 3 or more targets.
    What´s right?

To the "Casting HoW before acitiving Seraphim when AW is fading"-problem:
    If I understand it right, the problem is to let hekili know, that
    - if the boss is over 35% and AW is going to fade just short before activiting seraphim - u should cast HoW.
    But - if the boss is under 35% - u should not cast HoW because - in contrast to over 35% - u can cast HoW even AW is faded.
    Right?^^
    If you have a possibly solution for that, I would be very pleased, if I may try it.

Also, as Chukie1188 said, your work with this addon is phenomenal! I can´t and I don´t want to imagine to play Ret in Legion without hekili.
    Last edited by WildThings; 2016-03-03 at 05:16 PM.

Just reinstalled hekili (including deleting all settings), but my ret: single action list is still 49 points long.
    So on which position should I put the "TV Seraphim Drop"?
    The picture above has it in position #24.

I also noticed that under ret: single it says, that Mass Exorcism (glyphend exo) displaces Judgment, when there are 2 or more targets.
    But in the 6.2 Retribution Theorycrafting guide, it says, that Mass Exorcism displaces Judgment just, when there are 3 or more targets.
    What´s right?
    The addon follows SimulationCraft by default. I haven't run a custom simulation to compare those two options, so I haven't modified the default.

To the "Casting HoW before acitiving Seraphim when AW is fading"-problem:
    If I understand it right, the problem is to let hekili know, that
    - if the boss is over 35% and AW is going to fade just short before activiting seraphim - u should cast HoW.
    But - if the boss is under 35% - u should not cast HoW because - in contrast to over 35% - u can cast HoW even AW is faded.
    Right?^^
    If you have a possibly solution for that, I would be very pleased, if I may try it.
    Right, but there are special cases. Right now the behavior is:

1. If the game says that you can use HoW right now, believe the game.
    2. For future predictions (abilities in the future queue), trust what the game says about now, or treat the ability as usable if AW is up or the target's health is under 35%.

If I remove the first option, it will work the vast majority of the time, just not with special cases where the game allows you to HoW despite not actually having AW up or a target under 35% (i.e., Ko'ragh when his shield is below 35%).

Ultimately, I'll post a fix, I just have to make sure I don't cause the addon to make bad recommendations in a lot of special circumstances. I have yet to include any boss-specific code to reduce maintenance overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    The picture above has it in position #24.
    Oh yeah, I just saw I have the same action list as u. Sorry for that.

To HoW:
    That sounds after a lot of work I didn´t want to make you.
    But thanks a lot man!

EDIT:
    I just tested the "TV Seraphim Drop"-addition and first want to say, that this situation happens very rarely.
    So when reached 3 HoPo I just did nothing and with more than 2 sec of Seraphim left, it correctly advises to cast a HoPo-generator.
    But when only 2 sec of Seraphim are left, it advises to cast TV, even I just have 3 HoPo and normaly should cast a HoPo-generator.

While testing, I noticed, that - short before casting Seraphim - in the future(!) queue it says to cast a HoPo-generator, but when it should be time to do so, Seraphim (or ES) gets in this position.
    So I think I have to adjust my clash timer(s), but I don´t know which and how much.
    I hope u understand, what I mean.^^
    Last edited by WildThings; 2016-03-03 at 06:24 PM.

I just tested the "TV Seraphim Drop"-addition and first want to say, that this situation happens very rarely.
    So when reached 3 HoPo I just did nothing and with more than 2 sec of Seraphim left, it correctly advises to cast a HoPo-generator.
    But when only 2 sec of Seraphim are left, it advises to cast TV, even I just have 3 HoPo and normaly should cast a HoPo-generator.
    Is that not the behavior that you want? My understanding was that you wanted the addon to recommend squeezing in one more TV when possible, rather than using a HoPo-generator, when Seraphim is wearing off. That's what that entry will do.

While testing, I noticed, that - short before casting Seraphim - in the future(!) queue it says to cast a HoPo-generator, but when it should be time to do so, Seraphim (or ES) gets in this position.
    So I think I have to adjust my clash timer(s), but I don´t know which and how much.
    I hope u understand, what I mean.^^
    Not sure about this part. Will look at it. I know ES is supposed to fire just before Seraphim, but maybe the addon isn't seeing that it will be available ahead of time so the future prediction is off. I'll take a look.

I love this addon and was just wondering if the paladin portion is planned to be updated for Legion? I know it originated as something for enhancement shaman so I imagine they might take precedence since that's what you play Hekili, and again, thanks for this addon.
    Last edited by onedeadhero; 2016-05-13 at 01:09 PM.

Yes, it'll be updated. I only just got into beta, and I have to rewrite all abilities/resources/etc. Gonna take a bit.

This makes me irrationally happy, thank you!

If anybody has an outline of the Legion priority system for Retribution Paladins, I can get a temporary WeakAuras priority helper out for testing purposes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    If anybody has an outline of the Legion priority system for Retribution Paladins, I can get a temporary WeakAuras priority helper out for testing purposes.
    Eyeballing it, but you want something like:

CS > BoJ > CS > CS > J > TV > CS > TV

That's the basic one. If you pick Execution Sentence you need it cast it so that it expires during the next Judgement debuff window (ES lasts 9secs before haste BTW).

You then have Wake (with Ashes to Ashes) every 30secs to generate 5 HP:

Wake > Judge > TV > CS > TV

Then there are the L100 talents to consider:

Divine Purpose: Use JV if you have it, else TV. Not sure if it's worth saving until Judgement debuff is active.
    Sanctified Wrath: I think the ideal setup here is 5HP > Sanctified Wrath > Judge > JV > Wake > JV > basic rotation (if you have JV)... if you don't have JV then you want 5HP > Sanctified Wrath > Judge > TV > CS > TV > Wake > TV > CS > TV > basic rotation

well seeing as they have completely changed the ret talents on the current Beta as of 6-7-16 the information above has been thrown out of whack :-(