Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

Hekili - Priority Helper for Shamans now works for Retribution Paladins!

Aloha all,

I am the author of a priority-helper addon called Hekili, available on Curse. Until this week, the official release of Hekili was exclusively oriented at Enhancement and Elemental Shamans, but following some user requests I went ahead and implemented Retribution Paladins as well.

The addon presents you with two configurable displays which will show you the next several high-priority abilities to use. It works by predicting the outcome of each action before suggesting the next: when it suggests Crusader Strike, the addon will know that CS goes on cooldown and that you've generated 1 HP before deciding on its next recommendation.

In its default mode, the bigger display shows your single-target priority list while the smaller display shows AOE. If you dig into the addon a bit, you can configure a keybind to toggle between "single target" and "cleave" or "AOE" mode in the primary display. I recommend cleave mode -- it will dynamically suggest single-target abilities vs. AOE based on the number of targets the addon has detected. (See /hekili, Filters and Keybinds section.)

Additionally, you can bind a key to toggle a special action list for cooldowns. If you're trucking along on trash, you might not want it to recommend Avenging Wrath or Holy Avenger, but when you get to a boss fight, you might want to switch those back on. You can set that keybind in the same section as the single/cleave/AOE mode switch. There are optional flags for interrupts and hardcasting as well.

Anyway, the entire actionlists are viewable in-game through the /hekili UI. If you get really interested, you can bind a key to pause the addon and, in debug mode, see why a certain action is being displayed. The logic to each item is based very closely (read: almost exactly) on the SimulationCraft profile for Retribution Paladins. I've built the addon to interpret logic as SimulationCraft does (mostly), so a line from SimulationCraft that looks like...

actions.single+=/exorcism,if=buff.blazing_contempt.up&holy_power<=2&buff.holy_avenger.down

...will look like the following from inside the addon:

Give it a try if you're interested. If you find bugs or have questions, I'm around here a lot and happy to answer questions and resolve any issues you find. Mahalo!
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've used Hekili for Shaman in the past, and had hoped that he would include a few other specs to his addon.

To compare this to clcret. It updates faster, and flows much nicer. On 'cleave' setting, it'll dynamically choose the right rotation. It's smart enough to know what talents you have chosen.

As for cooldowns, I toggled mine off, and use tellmewhen to display them. I also change the list to only show the primary and secondary ability (instead of the next 5).

7+ Year Old Account
    very interesting. may give it a go and see if i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    very interesting. may give it a go and see if i like it
    Let me know if you have any feedback.

I just updated to v2.11, which will support your T17 2pc when you get it. I've also heard that there's a better priority list than the default SimulationCraft profile, so if anybody has info about that, please send it my way.

Deleted
    Gave the addon a go yesterday and I must say that it felt better than clcret. I think I will continue to use it. I've got one question tho. Can I paste the APL from simcraft straight into the addon or do I have to do some formatting? Didn't have time to test it yet. Copypasting looks something like:

Code:
    r	0.00	templars_verdict,if=holy_power=5|buff.holy_avenger.up&holy_power>=3&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>4)
    s	0.00	templars_verdict,if=buff.divine_purpose.react&buff.divine_purpose.remains<4
    t	0.00	divine_storm,if=buff.divine_crusader.react&buff.divine_crusader.remains<4&!talent.final_verdict.enabled
    u	2.86	final_verdict,if=holy_power=5|buff.holy_avenger.up&holy_power>=3

Deleted
    Tested Hekili on elemental shaman during mop, noticed back then that you were making a retribution version. If it is anything like the shaman version, it will be really nice. Already installed it, trying it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    Gave the addon a go yesterday and I must say that it felt better than clcret. I think I will continue to use it. I've got one question tho. Can I paste the APL from simcraft straight into the addon or do I have to do some formatting? Didn't have time to test it yet. Copypasting looks something like:

Code:
    r	0.00	templars_verdict,if=holy_power=5|buff.holy_avenger.up&holy_power>=3&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>4)
    s	0.00	templars_verdict,if=buff.divine_purpose.react&buff.divine_purpose.remains<4
    t	0.00	divine_storm,if=buff.divine_crusader.react&buff.divine_crusader.remains<4&!talent.final_verdict.enabled
    u	2.86	final_verdict,if=holy_power=5|buff.holy_avenger.up&holy_power>=3
    You can import from SimulationCraft, but you have to use the profile entries, not the formatted APL.

Code:
    actions.single+=/templars_verdict,if=holy_power=5|buff.holy_avenger.up&holy_power>=3&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>4)
    actions.single+=/templars_verdict,if=buff.divine_purpose.react&buff.divine_purpose.remains<4
    actions.single+=/divine_storm,if=buff.divine_crusader.react&buff.divine_crusader.remains<4&!talent.final_verdict.enabled
    actions.single+=/final_verdict,if=holy_power=5|buff.holy_avenger.up&holy_power>=3
    There are a few details you'll want to keep in mind when importing. First, the addon will let you do weird things. If you import an AOE priority list into the default single-target list, you're going to get AOE abilities recommended in single-target.

The addon presently supports specific actions (abilities and 'wait', basically) and auras. So if you import a list with "flask" and "food" and "potion" and "snapshot_stats" as actions, those are going to be ignored and/or you will be presented with an error.

So, if you choose to import your own lists from SimulationCraft, bear in mind there may be some tweaking needed. Some stuff will get automatically handled (i.e., "holy_power" checks above get converted to "holy_power.current" automatically, but anything that I haven't explicitly allowed may not work. If you find something that should work, or you think I should support, let me know and I'll seriously consider it.

But in the most basic sense, you can import a list of supported actions and the addon will put them in a list for you.

1. Action Lists > New Action List > Enter a name for the list.
    2. Action Lists > Your New List Here > Import/Export > Import SimulationCraft List

Just tried it out for a bit, looks pretty good.

Any idea how to get it to perform a cleave rotation with only 2 targets? It was my understanding it is best to weave FV + DS even with only 2 targets up. Alternating between FV -> DS -> FV -> DS (excluding procs).

Edit: looks like it doesn't account for FV giving the buff for the AOE string either by default. (Not sure if this is me due to testing on only 2 dummies at the garrison.)
    Last edited by Renori; 2014-11-25 at 06:05 PM.

By default, the cleave action list gets shown with 3 - 5 targets. You can change this!

Go to Displays > @Retribution, Single Target.

Click 4. Single Target. Change the 3 to a 2 in the conditions, so it says:

single or active_enemies < 2

Press Accept.

Click 5. Cleave. Change the 3 to a 2, so it says:

cleave and active_enemies >= 2 and active_enemies < 5

Press Accept.

The action lists are currently straight from SimulationCraft, with minor tweaking to make it work for characters < 100. If something appears to not be working, let me know. The AOE action list doesn't recommend Final Verdict at all, which doesn't make sense since 1 FV + 1 2*DS will always exceed 2 DS. Maybe we should revise.

Here is the action list from SimulationCraft:

Code:
    actions.aoe=divine_storm,if=holy_power=5&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>4)
    actions.aoe+=/exorcism,if=buff.blazing_contempt.up&holy_power<=2&buff.holy_avenger.down
    actions.aoe+=/hammer_of_the_righteous
    actions.aoe+=/judgment,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&seal.righteousness&buff.liadrins_righteousness.remains<=5
    actions.aoe+=/hammer_of_wrath
    actions.aoe+=/divine_storm,if=(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>4)
    actions.aoe+=/exorcism,if=glyph.mass_exorcism.enabled
    actions.aoe+=/judgment
    actions.aoe+=/exorcism
    actions.aoe+=/holy_prism

Thoughts? The other thing I see immediately is that the checks for Divine Storm should also be revised to respect if you have cooldowns turned off. I'll update the default action list later today, but I'm curious to see what we can come up with regard to FV + DS.

My immediate thought is to add a line at the front:

actions.aoe=/final_verdict,if=talent.final_verdict.enabled&buff.final_verdict.down&holy_power=5

That change is currently simming to be a DPS loss at 5 and 10 targets.
    Last edited by Hekili; 2014-11-25 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    actions.aoe=/final_verdict,if=talent.final_verdict.enabled&buff.final_verdict.down&holy_power=5
    So you'd drop this line as priority 1 action in the AOE and Cleave lists? I understand the conditionals, but would this still eat DP procs to use FV over DS?

I haven't played actively in a few years so I'm not up to snuff with SimC. Is the string above generated from SimC or did you write it from SimC's output?

It's what I was testing. I still haven't come up with a better simulation profile than the default. Yeah, it would still eat up DP to use FV if you didn't have the FV buff up.

As a side note, the addon currently lacks support for Divine Purpose (in terms of not spending 3 HP when you have DP up). I'm putting in a fix that will go out today.

I'm testing your addon and so far loving it
    However, something looks broken with Exorcism ; the addon put the spell on the watchlist and the rotation, however, it doesn't look like to be able to check if the spell is in Cooldown or not. (the spell is prioritized as main spell, even if it is on cooldown, and the cooldown is notdisplayed on the tooltip of the addon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    I'm testing your addon and so far loving it
    However, something looks broken with Exorcism ; the addon put the spell on the watchlist and the rotation, however, it doesn't look like to be able to check if the spell is in Cooldown or not. (the spell is prioritized as main spell, even if it is on cooldown, and the cooldown is notdisplayed on the tooltip of the addon.)
    I've been working on updates today. There's already a fix for this in the latest alphas, but I haven't marked it as release yet. Gotta make sure I didn't put any new bugs in for the Shaman modules.

The issue was that Exorcism is two different spells depending on whether you have Glyph of Mass Exorcism or not. The addon was checking the glyphed spell ID, so it would work fine for folks with the glyph but not for others.

That's make sense
    I'll be looking into it more deeply with the next release.

Another question : is it possible to customize the icons used by the the addon ? To be able to have a custom tooltip for specific spell, for exemple. I'll find that we can add a caption, but not change the the icon for a specific spell. Do you think it is something you could add as an option in the action list spell panel ? (For exemple, I'm thinking something like using another icons for Divine storm when the 2 buffs are proced, etc).

Other ideas, which could be some additions :
    On the UI panel, having a button to be able to center horizontally the addon (will be a great help when customizing the interface).
    And, if possible, custom the border of the icons, too !

Thanks for all your work, the idea to use the SimulationCraft as a reference is very clever
    Last edited by Felkor; 2014-11-26 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    That's make sense
    I'll be looking into it more deeply with the next release.
    Today's release version (2.12) should have Exorcism working properly, glyphed or not.

Another question : is it possible to customize the icons used by the the addon ? To be able to have a custom tooltip for specific spell, for exemple. I'll find that we can add a caption, but not change the the icon for a specific spell. Do you think it is something you could add as an option in the action list spell panel ? (For exemple, I'm thinking something like using another icons for Divine storm when the 2 buffs are proced, etc).
    Not yet. I do plan on allowing that functionality in the future, along with 2-3 smaller indicator icons and/or custom borders as an alternative to captions.

Other ideas, which could be some additions :
    On the UI panel, having a button to be able to center horizontally the addon (will be a great help when customizing the interface).
    And, if possible, custom the border of the icons, too !
    You can specify the X/Y coordinates for each display, but it sounds like you want it to calculate the center for the whole display, rather than the primary icon. I'll consider it.

The addon supports Masque for changing the style of your buttons.

Thanks for all your work, the idea to use the SimulationCraft as a reference is very clever
    Thanks. I wrote this addon because people are very quick and casual to dismiss performance gaps between their own actions and SimulationCraft. I thought it would help if people could see what SimulationCraft would do under their specific circumstances.

I've run some runs with this addon ; far much better than clcret / clcinfo imho.
    No problem anymore with exorcism ;-)

I was able to edit the lua file to perform the change I wanted to on a specific spell display, however it's a little bit dirty-coding (for a specific spellID, i change the icon), but it would do the job for me for the moment

But I'm encountering an issue
    If I understand well the default behavior :
    - On single target, I will use the single target rotation.
    - On cleave situation, the addon will swap into cleave-rotation suggestion (based on the number of target specified, I've edited 3 with 2 in my case).
    - On AoE situation, the addon wil swap into aoe-rotation suggestion (targets >5 by default)

The number of target detected by the addon is listed as a caption on the corner of the suggested spell. I've run few test ; if I can hardly say if the cleave-rotation is suggested or not (very few change in fact for a retri), the AoE is never prompted.
    Even with 7 or 8 target detected, the single target rotation is still suggested by default (when puting the cursor over the suggested spell, the tooltip indicate "single target". Even if 7 targets are detected).
    Is there something i've missed ? The rotation is "enable" in the addon however.

Deleted
    I made a Weak Aura setup (yeah i like this sorta things), but i was geting into some roadblocks with conditions... This addon with it's debug mode and ease-of-use realy helped me a lot to get my WA setup better, thanks!

If i wasn't so much of a freak to make my own UI i would definately use this, way better than anything out there for it's purpose.

Felkor, can you double-check that you're set to cleave mode? You can bind a key for it or set it permanently in the Filters and Keybinds section. If the mode is set to single, the add-on won't recommend the cleave or AOE lists in the primary display. The reason there is a key for this is to enable you to keep the add-on recommending the single-target actions in cases where there are multiple targets but you want to focus on only one of them.

I'll be working to make these features a bit more intuitive over the weekend.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Oh, my bad, it's even way better that I was thinking. Ok, perfect, marvellous ;-)

Just one bug : when switching to AOE/Cleave mode, the spell list isn't refreshed. It is refreshed only when you start to fight (or cast a spell).
    For exemple : Go from cleave/single to AOE mode ; the first suggested attack must becore Crusader strike => Hammer of the Righteous. However, it is still Crusader strike which is suggested before taking any action.

The potential of this addon is great for a lot of class / spec, loving your way to code it modular

Deleted
    Do you have to be level 100 for this to display?

I have the Haddon installed fine and can see the /hekili ui but nothing displays when in combat.