Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    I know this is a probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.
    I've always been arcane. I never strive for higher than normal raid difficulty because i'm there for the experience, not the progression.
    With that being said, I tried frost out yesterday and I have a question. Is frost considered a high movement spec because of the amount of instant cast proc spells? I ask because after i did the normal rotation I found my self spending a lot of time standing still and spamming frostbolt waiting for procs that i wasn't really getting. And frostbolt seems to have the same(ish) cast time cast AB. if I proc'd a lot, i could move, otherwise I'm just standing there the same as arcane.
    I'm just trying to make sure that i'm not missing anything here.
    Yes, there are many instant casts you can do. To name a few:

1. Ice Nova, instant cast (Once every 25 sec, 2 charges)
    2. Water Jet + Frostbolt x 2 = Two Fingers of Frost procs every 25 secs, which translates into two instant cast Ice Lances.
    3. Frozen Orb (1/min guaranteed FoF proc minimum, likely more) = Instant cast Ice Lances. Frozen orb on its own is also instant cast.
    4. Ice Floes 1/ 20 secs, 3 charges.
    5. Mirror Images 2min cooldown, instant cast.

These are the cooldown based ones that are guarenteed - This doesn't even count RNG proccing additional FoF or Brain Freezes for even more instant casts.

You should have no problems with movement if you talent into it for movement heavy fights, which is most of them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post

2. Water Jet + Frostbolt x 2 = Two Fingers of Frost procs every 25 secs, which translates into two instant cast Ice Lances.
    3. Frozen Orb (1/min guaranteed FoF proc minimum, likely more) = Instant cast Ice Lances. Frozen orb on its own is also instant cast.

These are the cooldown based ones that are guarenteed - This doesn't even count RNG proccing additional FoF or Brain Freezes for even more instant casts.

You should have no problems with movement if you talent into it for movement heavy fights, which is most of them.
    Thanks for that. I was doing these things at the start. I guess I just need to practice more to get less rng and more stable procs. All and all my dps was still probably better than my arcane but that was in Heroics. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and hit lfr (ugh..) tonight and practice some more.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Much appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post
    I am a huge arcane fanboi. I LOVE arcane.

I switched to frost two days ago, when I realized people 10 iLevels below me were outDPSing me.

Mages are just in a cruddy place at the moment.
    I'm always at 18k atm, not even got every piece ilvl 630. If you know how to play, frost mage is one of the best to have atm. Sadly, there are A LOT of bad mages. Every time I get in a CM group I get asked, please do more than 10k dps. Really? Is this how bad people are. I'm overall at 14-15k in CM. People are just bad. But anyways, thanks for the frostbolt change though! Even more dps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post

You forgot about Icy Veins, with the glyph it gives multistrike instead of haste, multistrike being much much better for frost. That's a great damage boost aswell.