Requesting Hardware Guide

Hello, I am looking to find a guide to learn about computer hardware. I am in middle of buying parts for a computer that I am building with the help of a friend, but am interested in learning on my own what makes parts better than others. I know there is a lot of you out there who also build your own rigs and was wondering where you guys got your start, or if you know a good place I can reference to, to make my own decisions when purchasing a part. I have some basic knowledge already, for example when buying ram I know the more the better, but often I'll see what seems to be the same amount of ram on two items, but listed at two significantly different prices. That goes for a lot of components I see as well, any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

That's kind of a really broad question. There are so many things to consider when you are building your first PC - Cost, performance, desirable specs, etc.

However, if you want to learn the basics, head over to newegg. They have a ton of tutorials describing the parts and build instructions. Also, look for the setups of the month here on MMO-champ. They give GREAT budget friendly and high end gaming builds.

EDIT: Here's a video tutorial to get you started.

http://video.newegg.com/v/1111348395...tv-paul-video/
    Last edited by Greg Gates; 2014-11-24 at 04:25 AM.