Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shaman DPS - a bench warming role...

After applying for about 15 CM invites yesterday, and being declined to each and everyone of them due to being a dps Shaman im pretty irate. Have we become the new bench warmers for CM and Raids? Whats our future look like for when 6.1 hits regarding raiding, are we gona be over looked and avoided due to not bring any utility that other classes cant proved? at first i thought the QQ about our dps was a joke and people were just trying to make noise. But now that its affecting getting my CM's done daily, I'm petrified of whats to come when guilds start recruiting for raids. My guild migrated to another realm and now i need to start this all over again. Blizz needs to sharpen their tools and help a brother out here... seriously.

Yeah I feel shamans are in a bad place as well, we lost a ton of mobilty and our AOE is now Earthquake + Chain Lightning, no more fire nova so we cant switch to AoE as effectively as other classes. This is even worse on fights with required movement, lay down Earthquake on a group off adds, tank has to move, and you cant EQ again for 8 seconds. Lightning Bolt hits for nothing compared to other classes, at level 96 mine crits for a whopping 6.5k, while my DK at level 90 can push out 14-16k crits in 522 gear. Also I believe I read in another shaman thread that we are way below the rest of the DPS even on a fight with no movement.

Granted we do have some decent burst IF Echo of the Elements procs a few times in a row and we can spam lava burst, it tends to proc after LvB is on CD though forcing us to waste it on frost shock or just not use the proc at all.

Also.. are you Ele or Enhance, both are in a bad place but I feel Enhance is worse. They can do great on trash, but mediocre on bosses after CD's have expired.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2014-11-24 at 07:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every fight in this xpac so far with the exception of open world rares and elites has been heavy movement.

I sometimes can do well on aoe packs. My single target is almost always below everything - rare exceptions occur and I can top out on a boss if I got very lucky and wasn't targeted / fixated etc

Not to mention I'm in a brand new guild and look like a scrub right now - I had to switch to resto to prove I could play.

It does suck for ele and enh atm for CM's. Feels like im holding the group back. but theyll buff numbers soon

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people say that this doesnt effect the lower percentile players.

It does.

Raiders and group leaders have the ability to pick and choose from a large pool of players. Especially at the start of an expansion where players are at an abundance.

As soon as these people recognise a weak link within a group a stigma arises and then that trickles from the top levels all the way to the bottom.

Rerolled a UH DK this weekend, 621 iLvl and despite it being my first time playing unholy the DPS is amazing. Unlike Elemental, there's no shitty ramp up time for AoE, Defile + Blood Boil spam, GG you're doing 30k-50k DPS (whilst my Shaman would still be casting Earthquake like a dumb fuck), single target feels great, I can mash 1,2,3 whilst watching a movie and still do 15k DPS on a boss (whilst my Shaman can barely pull this).

Just reroll, it's not worth the time playing a Shaman.

Deleted
    I don't know the current state of elemental shaman, but Enhancement shaman is about same as Balance druid. I've done simcrafting, since my enhancement shaman friend keeps crying all the time about how bad shaman is now. He is doing very well at CM's, actually I think he might be topping our hunter and me (balance druid) on some fights where rangeds have to move. So I wouldn't say enhancement is bad, it's little bit under average, but still fine. It's just you guys gotta put 2x effort to your dps to get same with everyone else. Me (Balance) and my friends (enhancement) sim dps different is about 50dps, so while boomkin being 50dps better for single-target than enha, doesn't that make boomkin weak also then, but still sometimes I manage to keep my dps near our hunter, and atm mm hunter is good.

Edit - Please stop crying, deal with it. Reroll DK to faceroll or play on shaman and do your best. If you are really good shaman player, you will still end up on better dps than others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Edit - Please stop crying, deal with it. Reroll DK to faceroll or play on shaman and do your best. If you are really good shaman player, you will still end up on better dps than others.
    Where else do we vent our frustrations about the poor shaman class if not on a shaman specific forum? And yeah obviously enhance is fine cause your friend is doing better than you in cms. We picked shaman to play what we want to play, not to be masochists playing broken specs. Us being 10-30% behind on dps wasn't that big of a deal in MoP as we had such brilliant utility in our off-healing. Blizzard took that away saying that they wanted DPS shamans to be brought for their dps, and didn't fulfill on that vision. It's actually insane that mages have a 10 times better of a healing cd than we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    If you are really good shaman player, you will still end up on better dps than others.
    What happens if you play against really good X players? You will still end up on worse dps than others.

Kind of a redundant argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^How is "deal with it" in anyway a proper solution?

Youre commenting on Enhance. Out of interest how good are you and your hunter? Because if your Enhance is close to your hunter than either your hunter is rubbish or is waaay undergeared.

Enhance is fine in current content because we are able to fire nova till our hearts content.

How does your Enhance look on boss fights?

Doenst matter how good you are, if the players around you arent mouth breathersand your class isnt performing, there will be a large gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror85 View Post
    But now that its affecting getting my CM's done daily
    So basically how every dps class but mages, eles, hunters and warlocks had problems getting into pug cms for all of mop ?

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    ^^How is "deal with it" in anyway a proper solution?

Youre commenting on Enhance. Out of interest how good are you and your hunter? Because if your Enhance is close to your hunter than either your hunter is rubbish or is waaay undergeared.

Enhance is fine in current content because we are able to fire nova till our hearts content.

How does your Enhance look on boss fights?

Doenst matter how good you are, if the players around you arent mouth breathersand your class isnt performing, there will be a large gap.
    I mean even if you're playing as the simmed DPS at a 630 ilvl there's only a 3k difference between Enhance and the 'top' spec of WW (I consider Glad to be an outlier). As long as everyone's playing well a Enhance shaman isn't doing that badly. Will they be number 1? No but the current number 1 is also a spec that is in all likelihood going to be the target of hotfixes for being a obvious outlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I mean even if you're playing as the simmed DPS at a 630 ilvl there's only a 3k difference between Enhance and the 'top' spec of WW (I consider Glad to be an outlier). As long as everyone's playing well a Enhance shaman isn't doing that badly. Will they be number 1? No but the current number 1 is also a spec that is in all likelihood going to be the target of hotfixes for being a obvious outlier.
    630 sims are actually a 7k difference. At 25k DPS, 7k is a huge difference.

The difference only grows as ilvl gets higher. 665 is a 9k difference.

Odd, the sims I'm looking at show it to be a 6533 DPS difference, that's over 35% more DPS than Enhance.

35% is way too much of a gap to be considered acceptable, not even going to look at Elemental because it brings tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Odd, the sims I'm looking at show it to be a 6533 DPS difference, that's over 35% more DPS than Enhance.

35% is way too much of a gap to be considered acceptable, not even going to look at Elemental because it brings tears to my eyes.
    I was more looking at what things are currently at only 630 ilvl since by the time the raids open there will for sure be hotfixes to the obvious outliers (that and every sim site seems to show different numbers).
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2014-11-24 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was more looking at what things are currently at only 630 ilvl since by the time the raids open there will for sure be hotfixes to the obvious outliers.
    Yeah and at 630ilvl simming WW is at 25k and Enhance is 18k.

I was never great a math but thats not 3k.

I was more looking at what things are currently at only 630 ilvl since by the time the raids open there will for sure be hotfixes to the obvious outliers.
    These are based on 630ilvl blues?

INB4 Noxxic Sims.

EDIT: Hahaha what a suprise!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-11-24 at 09:49 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    On trash, enhance's aoe is pretty strong, so thats going for us.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    On trash, enhance's aoe is pretty strong, so thats going for us.
    Maybe thats our ticket in to the raiding scene, they will have a lineup of shamans just for the trash. We can be the waterboys of WoW. #I believe

Quote Originally Posted by AppleG View Post
    Maybe thats our ticket in to the raiding scene, they will have a lineup of shamans just for the trash. We can be the waterboys of WoW. #I believe
    "Okay good job boys, smooth progression kill, I'd love to see what rank we get for that! Everyone take 10 minutes to relax and we'll start on the next boss when we get back! Enhancers, are you ready boys? We have trash to clear and only 10 minutes to do it, can we get some summons out please?"