Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Keep in mind Aeda is a TANK despite being a Warlock. You have to treat her as such (her Alliance counterpart is a Prot Pally).

Vivianne does a monstrous amount of damage no matter how many mobs she's attacking.

Tormmok is questionably useful at times, but he is decent at single target, although Talonpriest Ishaal is way better than him at it. Both get smoked by Vivianne.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I sat at my garrison's training dummy for ages to test Vivianne dps. She sat at 8.5k dps consistently. This number would only grow if she had more targets to hit with blizzard. i.imgur.com/HwEhy1v.jpg

If anyone is wondering on how to find Leorajh:

Good to see the OP follower is a Horde one, surprise surprise.

Sort of unrelated but maybe someone here knows, does follower iLvl/rarity affect their stats as a bodyguard at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Sort of unrelated but maybe someone here knows, does follower iLvl/rarity affect their stats as a bodyguard at all?
    Nope it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Good to see the OP follower is a Horde one, surprise surprise.
    Vivianne is fine. There are more bodyguards, some relatively easy to obtain.

I haven't had her die yet. Her AoE may pull extra mobs but she won't just randomly pull crap (nor will any of the followers) like the demented Shado-Pan "helpers" did.

I'm certainly looking forward to Tormmok for my mage and boomkin.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an Alliance Only player so far in WoD, I can say that Defender Illona is the greatest thing to ever happen ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Leorajh buff is weird, it doesn't show on frames or combat log, so I'm not even sure if it works. The animation is there, but it's rather awkward.
    It does work, 15% haste only though.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I spec BM, get a tenacity pet (not a requirement but anyway), misdirect to pet, Vivianne ROFLstomps everything (along with beast cleave). These to the Nagrand elite mobs. The same for the mini bosses where Vivianne fireball destroys some serious tight asses.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Just wanted to semi-necro this (it's only 9 days!) rather than start a new thread to further express how awesome Vivianne is. Killed Tarlna yesterday and she was over 50% of my damage, which was over 50k (want to say 54k but can't recall exactly) with her fireball damage included. She's a monster. Somehow I was the only one using her, unless Skada doesn't properly pick up other people's followers.

I'd like to see a 40 man raid with Vivianne's tackling a world boss. Would be hilarious. It'd probably be more like the equivalent of 100 players. Surprised she hasn't been nerfed yet, though I guess your opportunity to abuse it out in the world is relatively limited. Either way, fully recommend getting her to follow you around if you haven't yet.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

So Vivianne is the best for multiple mobs with her aeo, but what about single target dps? From a pvp standpoint, which follower is best for that? Anyone tested them all on a target dummy? I'm thinking Ishaal or Tormmok.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-12-16 at 03:28 AM.

Ishaal's DPS is sub-par unless he has his shadowfiend out. Tormmok does some good damage in avatar, but after it wears off, all he can do is stand around and wail at a target. Aeda will pull everything in sight, and even then her DPS isn't the best. Also her infernal has only 20k HP. Leorajh does about 4k on his lightning bolts, but his mini-bloodlust is just too good to pass up if you yourself are a DPS. And Vivianne is just pure damage, even on single target with those stacking fireballs.

Tormokk can burst up to 15,000 DPS for 20 seconds but falls off to around 5k after that for 2 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would guess Vivianne, it's a pitty that they made Aeda a tank. She's terrible at it and pulls way too much, in fact I really hope they fix her aggro range. She would have worked better as pure DPS, considering her use of Infernals and Immolate, she would be decent AoE.

Either way the best body guard is my trusty hunter pet.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Prot warrior, Alliance here. I've been using the Talonpriest. His dps seems fine, it's definitely noticeable when he's out and helps me solo the Heart of Shattrath too.

That said his biggest downside is the dude has a gigantic hitbox and he's constantly in the way of whatever it is you actually want to click on when going through your garrison.

Ishaal gets better at tier 2, when he gets a 9 second stun that ignores immunity and boosts all dps on the target by 20%.

As a tank, I always run Viv.

I hold the aggro, she mass murders everything.

The other followers are all garbage as far as combat usefulness, the tanks are especially bad because they are not tanky at all. Their spamming taunt is also horrible.

I was originally gonna level up with the warlock tank because I wanted the lock portal but she just spams taunt off me and dies at the drop of a hat and the 1 hour cooldown is far too punishing.

Viv has always pleased me and made me happy, the others seem like complete crap.

I'd prolly use Leo if I were a DPS because he can heal you as well as blood lusting to boost your damage constantly. Two very useful abilities. His personal damage is ass though.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I'm jealous that the Horde gets a caster follower while the Alliance gets 2 tanks. It is because of that that I always stick with Talonpriest Ishaal whenever he's not out on missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

I'd prolly use Leo if I were a DPS because he can heal you as well as blood lusting to boost your damage constantly. Two very useful abilities. His personal damage is ass though.
    I have only used Leorajh so far, and the damage is not to good, but still, 10K+ lightning bolts is still ok. I play enhancement shaman but i have to see if SS debuff benefits Leo as well.. He just does not aggro alot, which is fine so far and the heal is just ok; I wish the heal would trigger at 60%+ hp instead of only-50% hp. The 15% haste buff should be great but Ive not reached that level yet.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-12-16 at 05:59 AM.