Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Teachers can't legally physically force you to do things you know.
    It was still perfectly alright and common when I was in that age and noone complained. If a kid complained to parents, parents would probably punish the kid again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Retarded articles and people come out of every country.
    That's true. But there's no denying that the majority seem to be of US origin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If only more teachers were like this...

It's not like she couldn't swim, or had a disability, she didn't want to get her hair wet. I'd consider this a life lesson and move on.
    Agree 100%.

And that was wrong and should of been reported. Just cause it happend, doesn't mean it was right.
    No, it was right. Making a fatso an expelled fatso does not help. Making a fatso a healthier person does.

If a parent decides to not use physical punishment, their choice, but also their fault if the child turns out spoiled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    It was still perfectly alright and common when I was in that age and noone complained. If a kid complained to parents, parents would probably punish the kid again.
    Good thing people don't act that way today then. It's not "alright" to assault a student.

- - - Updated - - -

If a parent decides to not use physical punishment, their choice, but also their fault if the child turns out spoiled.
    Physical punishment = abuse = mental problems. So, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought "No" meant yes and "Yes" meant harder...?

10+ Year Old Account

I swear, can people make posts without blaming America in some sort of way? Shits getting old....
    Agreed with that..
    I've had an incident with a teacher in Germany, that makes this video look like child's play.
    Was at the end of the class, we were all standing there, ready to leave the room, with me way in the back.. I didn't care what he was still mumbling there in the front to a bunch of guys. Suddenly he got all pissed and threw his book bag across the room at me. The damn thing hit me so hard, it knocked me against the wall right behind me.
    The bag hurt my chest, the fall against the wall hurt my head.
    So, nope.... Not only in America....
    The sucker was a religion teacher.... A fucking priest. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If only more teachers were like this...
    if more were like that, more of them would walk around with a black eye....
    If I'd get to see such video as a father. That teacher.... He'd go swimming too... I'd make sure of it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    The law disagrees with your opinion.
    Perhaps in your country. In my country, it is perfectly OK. Fortunatelly.

Good thing people don't act that way today then. It's not "alright" to assault a student.

- - - Updated - - -

I was physically punished both by teachers AND by parents. Humiliated few times as well (such as when I missed with an inkbomb and hit the wall, I had to pain the wall and was prohibited to do it AFTER school, I had to do it during class - moreover, not during MY class... and obviously I deserved it, I kinda should not have been making an inkbomb in the first place ).
    Punishment has nothing to do with abuse.
    I deserved all of the punishments (and was smart enough to avoid a great number of them). I knew that, and the teachers knew that.
    I love my parents and have great relationship with them.
    And the teachers? Good relationships with them too, they usually praised me and the teacher I quarreled with the most actually told me that he respects me for reading so much. It was my choice that I insisted on being a smartass, and therefore my choice to bear the consequences.
    I am glad for all the punishment I received, and I am even more glad for being forced to study so much. And I do not have any mental problems (well, I still enjoy being a smartass, but I learned to control myself when I have to).

Misdemean charge for injury to a child, something nobody wants on their record, and the school is probably going to be sued.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You live in a country where assault is not against the law?
    They probably just don't define that as assault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    "He had no right to put his hands on her". Is that a criminal offense?
    Yes. What the teacher did was a criminal offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps in your country. In my country, it is perfectly OK. Fortunatelly.
    What country is that?
    What the video shows is illegal in pretty much every modern western nation..

Yeah, I don't know about that. A little bit of spanking never hurt anybody and actually goes a long way in therms of making sure the message gets across as intended. I received my fair share of that and I'd like to believe I turned out pretty well. No mental problems and stuff. And I definitely wasn't nearly as bratty/entitled as the teenagers are nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm trying to find out. Maybe he'll tell me where he lives.
    Doesn't have to be classified as an assault, for violating the laws anyway.

200 years ago I could have beaten your with a broomsick to death and nobody would bat an eye. Just because you are allowed to do it doesn't mean its right. And the bold part is just plain wrong. Only psychopaths did not complain.

I think that jumping immediately from "physical punishment" to "abuse" is a bit of a stretch. Physical punishment encompasses anything from spanking, to physically beating someone. It should be said that "physical punishment, given for no reason other than to harm the child, or physical punishment that goes beyond what would be considered acceptable (hitting someone hard enough to draw blood, etc), is equal to abuse".
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

You can't be serious. What he's doing is assault.
    I thought assault had to have intended harm associated with it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    No........

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No........
    An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm
    That's from the legal dictionary, I'll trust that over random internet person.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    That's from the legal dictionary, I'll trust that over random internet person.
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault

1. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. No intent to cause physical injury needs to exist, and no physical injury needs to result.

Right, so... intended harm.
    I am the lucid dream