Deleted

gaming case! need some advice

hey guys,

putting together a new gaming rig.
    using an msi Gtx 970 gaming vid card with an asus maximus hero 7 mobo
    going to put in a Noctua NH-D15 to cool the cpu wich is an I7-4790K
    Now as that noctua aircooler is quitte large etc i was wondering wich case would be good in terms of airflow and ofc room so that everything fits in nicely
    i myself was thinking along the line of an NZXT H440, but not quitte sure,also it has a side window in it but that's not really needed per se.
    looking to spend between 100-140 euro's for the case

Any help is appreciated
    ty

Deleted
    I recently picked up the H440 and I haven't got a bad word to say about it. I know a lot of people complain about the noise as all the fans run at full speed due to the fan hub behind the motherboard, although this can be got around. I personally don't think it's loud at all. I'm still using a Hyper 212 Evo (switching to an x61 in a month or so) and that fits fine but I'd double check that the D15 fits in.

I also think its one of the best (if not the best) looking case around atm. With the shroud at the bottom covering the PSU it's very easy to sort your cables out and make it look tidy and the extra LEDs are a nice touch.

I know a lot of people like the Define R4 (R5 should be out soon) which could be another option.
    Last edited by mmoc8b01500a1c; 2014-11-24 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    the fractal design r5 just got release, looks nice ; corsair carbide air 540 (very good for air cool set up), Thermaltake Urban T21

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to highly recommend my new Corsair Air 540. It is mid tower, but it is very spacey, very easy to build up the rig in, has awesome wiring solutions, keeps VERY cool inside (I actually haven't seen my overclocked 4790k temperature drop below 50C even at a full load for a few hours straight) and, if you care about such things, it looks also cool. The only slim issue I have is with its optical drive bay: it is vertical instead of horizontal, so inserting DVDs may be a pain sometimes - but today it is not really important, the only DVDs I use nowadays are Windows ones, anyway.

Fractal Design Midi r2, hands down for a mid tower case.

Corsair Air 540, you will NOT regret it.

Deleted
    Cases usually are quite subjective. What I want from a case could be different from yours, and the same for looks.

But from my understanding, the H440 is just a Define R4 knock-off. Where the R4 is better, more silent etc.

I would also look at the phanteks enthoo pro, different corsair/fractal design cases, coolermaster CM 690 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Corsair Air 540, you will NOT regret it.
    Oh he won't? I know i am regretting it, and going to buy the R5 once its released in my shop.. ..
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

Deleted
    I personally a big fan of silverstone cases, though I am biased since I own a silverstone case.

This is there latest edition

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone-...one+raven+rv05

Heres what I own

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone-...one+raven+rv03

These are among the best cases for air cooling, and technically you don't ever need to buy aftermarket fans for the case as both cases come with very good 2x 180 mm fans which no other case manufacturer gives as default, before anyone mentions corsair fans, they are terrible and noisy for the performance they give, all 4 corsair fans I've used so far have developed a rattle at low speed, and noisy that you can hear it at medium speeds, if you want proper case fans, get noctua.
    This is the only computer accessory that lives upto the hype you read personally speaking.

Corsair:
    Obsidian 650D, Graphite 600T, Vengeance C70

Fractal Design:
    Arc Midi R2
    Define R5

NZXT:
    H440
    Phantom 410

Way above your budget, but the king deserves a mention.
    Silverstone: FT02
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    Oh he won't? I know i am regretting it, and going to buy the R5 once its released in my shop.. ..
    Why would you regret a 540? it's one of the most spacious cases with amazing airflow/brilliant cable management, i literally cannot fault it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Why would you regret a 540? it's one of the most spacious cases with amazing airflow/brilliant cable management, i literally cannot fault it.
    There are severe issues with drive cages in the back.
    There are a LOT of faults with the Air 540.

10+ Year Old Account
    NZxt h440 or s340. Fractal r5 is a nice new release
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What kind of issues? I haven't encountered any...

Just got 4790k and msi gtx980 myself and I'm using Fractal Design Midi R2 case, it's AMAZING, using a h100i in the roof and the case comes with 3 *140 fans 2 in the front 1 in the back AND you get fan controller with 3 speeds AND it has dust filters everywhere, best case I've ever had tbh

Deleted
    I'm going to say NZXT S340

Because I recently bought one and it's amay

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Maybe you've just had one with faulty cages? my cages are fine, i've had the case for about 6 months now and there is literally nothing wrong with it, the cages are sturdy/clip in and out without issues, the air flow is amazing (cpu is sitting at 24-25c idle at this very moment, that's without water cooling)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 'preordered' the Fractal Design Define R5. I will maybe post something when I get it and stuff.