Thread: Holy CM's

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Holy CM's

So how are you guys feeling in CM's as Holy?

I did skyreach yesterday and kinda got my ass handed to me, especially on the second Boss. Feels like we are missing a hot or atleast some proper AOE heal for CM's. Pretty much cant stop spamm healing the tank.

I think we should have a separate CM thread as these questions pop up here and there all the time. Maybe, I'll make one today later outlining couple of tips and tricks, but if anyone wants to do that before I get back from work, please do.

Spam healing the tank is the thing that you will be doing in CM. AOE healing is non existent and you shouldn't bother with it. You just need to manage your level 100 talents properly and be very liberal with your external cooldowns.

I whole heartedly recommend using Saved by the Light (I've had fights with 3 people getting saved in short window of time) and glyph of merciful wrath together with sanctified wrath. You honestly don't need full power AW in CMs most of the time. You just end up healing everyone to full in couple of seconds and then wasting heals and trying to get some mastery shields out of it. Having it available so often and for so long is really helpful.

7+ Year Old Account
    A separate thread for CMs is a great idea IMO. I have tons of questions about them

Deleted
    What Level 45 talents would you guys use?

I've used both SS and EF and honestly they both feel terrible. SS is probably better for movement and pre-shielding or shielding during damage lulls but really everything just feels bad.

SbtL has been pretty good for me as well since it give a cheat death to both me and the beacon target who is pretty much always the tank.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    I've used EF and Beacon of Faith, but i will consider the Saved By the Light to be honest, having two beacons isnt always the best option. So far i found that we don't do really good in fights that require alot of movement, like the first boss on Skyreach, Nar'zhul or Warlord Zaela.

Honestly, CMs feel like volunteering for torture. I've tried using EF and SS and sadly they both feel so weak. Though, I would say SS comes out on top simply because of the high mobility requirements. I was using BoF but I will be giving SbtL a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Honestly, CMs feel like volunteering for torture. I've tried using EF and SS and sadly they both feel so weak. Though, I would say SS comes out on top simply because of the high mobility requirements. I was using BoF but I will be giving SbtL a chance.
    kinda in the same boat here. But i don't really see how SbtL will be better... sure it is worth gold in some situations... and there is a lot of times where the second beacons doesnt do much... but especially with the glyph to remove the GCD it is a godsent to "secondary heal" a target without breaking the chain spam on the tank.

Given that you cant change the talent midway throu it i don't think it will be worth it.

Think of SbtL as a cheat death on two targets with a minute cd. I haven't been logging CMs but it procs often enough to be a very viable option. I sort of had to be talked into trying it and everything I'm saying is anecdotal but it seem like it works ok.

Deleted
    On 2nd boss on skyreach make sure to make good use of HoS on the tank. Make sure you have 1 cd ready for every burst, devaura for one, HA for one, wings for one (preferably omewhere in the end of the fight when things are really chaotic). I try to keep EF rolling on the whole group, makes things easier also if everyone stands in melee including yourself so that you can CS to get them EF:s rolling. While the hot from EF feels weak, 5 hots rolling gives the beacons some nice healing.

You're gonne need some decent dps with some selfcds or you'll go oom before the boss dies.

This is what I've done atleast, and its been working just fine, ending the fight on between 31k-33k hps. Good luck!

Edit: Forgot to mention to use Divine Protection, it's really nice on this fight. HoP doesnt work for the beams sadly, but bubble does if you want to soak one.
    Last edited by mmocc7836c6e8f; 2014-11-25 at 06:36 PM.

Holy Paladins should have it the easiest out of any healer on the second boss of skyreach imo. Youve got DP and Bubble which lets you soak a minimum of 3 beam phases. The burst lines up perfectly with Holy Prism. You have Devo Aura for a burst. And AW with Sanct Wrath carries you through 2 beam phases and a burst. 35-40k+ is pretty doable for a hpally on that fight. Also, saved by the light is a godsend in CMs imo.

For the second boss in Skyreach Hand of Purity seems very powerful. The beam is a DoT so your target is basically immune to its damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    For the second boss in Skyreach Hand of Purity seems very powerful. The beam is a DoT so your target is basically immune to its damage.
    You cannot change talents mid CM, and double sac/double bop is way too strong compared to purity for the majority of the instance.

EF + BoF >>
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    You cannot change talents mid CM, and double sac/double bop is way too strong compared to purity for the majority of the instance.

EF + BoF >>
    Run two Holy specs. Switch spec before boss, switch spec again for trash. Profit.

Our hunter and rogue both do this between trash and boss in every CM since MM and Assassination are respectively miles ahead of BM and Combat for boss DPS but do fuck-all on trash.

The big gap is decent AOE healing.
    Shaman, Druid, and Priest all have a great option in Chain Heal, Wild Growth, and CoH/PoM.

Holy Paladins have... Light of Dawn!
    Not the most impressive.
    Obviously Holy Radiance is bad ass, but rarely hits enough people to be worth it.

Just gotta go through the frames like its BWL all over again. Beacon should carry the tank damage.

As for the second boss in Skyreach, this boss is incredibly difficult for everyone.
    Make sure all your DPS are using Health Pots and CDs for each AOE smash or whatever its called.

Use Devo for one, and save wings for the 2nd or 3rd when it starts getting super dicey.
    You can also pot Intellect for one and see dramatic results. The potions now are a TON of extra stats, especially in CM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Our AoE healing is Holy Prism. LoD doesn't hit hard enough to be worth the cast. I'd rather hard cast a WoG on a non-beacon target so I can tell I did something.

LoD in its current state is a non-spell. Sure it's "free" but the healing it does is nonexistent so indeed you might as well EF/WoG. Holy Radiance doesn't seem in much better state, the healing it does is better but that mana cost is insane. It costs almost two FoLs but the healing it does is lower. The only proper AoE healing we have is HPrism and Light's Hammer and that feels very wrong but perhaps the other classes have similar issues.

Yup, that's what I was getting at!
    That's why CMs will always be difficult as a holy paladin.

Just go Prot, especially after the buff today, they are really survivable.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I can't confirm CMs to be really a problem so far.
    Haven't done all of them yet, but Skyreach, Everbloom, Burial Grounds and UBRS went quite smooth.
    However. We are currently just running them for the 640 loot (4x helmet in a row! QQ) and for practice, not for a gold time; the bosses and trashpacks are still the same, though. The only boss that was a little tricky was the bird in Skyreach... because of two melee. ._. Our setup is druid tank, two warriors, a mage and myself.
    I am specced Double Beacon, EF and Sanctified Wrath with Glyph, also went with the shorter cooldown on LoH.
    Personally I find the trash much harder than any boss, but I guess that's how it is meant to be.

Trash gets significantly easier with the use of CC(Yeah, I know "duh") but with your setup it's difficult. Perhaps you should consider Repentance. We also run double melee dps but we have at least 3 CCs we can use and only a few mobs are immune.