Help me choose an upgrade.

Good afternoon all,

As the title suggests I would like some help in choosing an upgrade please. I have around £300 to spend. I am currently running a i7 3770 with 8 Gb of Ram and a GeForce GT 630 (4Gb Version). I have a Normal HDD (2TB Western Digital).

I only play WoW and use the computer for office based stuff. I would like to improve my in game experience so am drawn to buying a new Graphics Card?

What do you guys think?

Many thanks in advance!

New video card, that one is basically onboard video... Check out prices in your area for a GTX 760
    Last edited by Herbert; 2014-11-24 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks for the swift reply, do you have any particular card in mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Video Card definitely

if you stick with Nvidia, Go for the GTX 770 they range in price from 275-340 USD. I cant look on amazon.UK as its blocked at work, but you should definitely be able to cover it.

I have one, its absolutely awesome.

Deleted
    For sub-£300, it's hard to go wrong with this GTX 970.

might be a little overkill since all he does is play WoW, whereas 760 + ssd would benefit both of his PC uses.

Deleted
    I would probably go for this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (£137.71 @ Ebuyer)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (£64.26 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £201.97
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-24 18:08 GMT+0000

Seeing as all you do is wow, you dont need more gpu power. I added a PSU, because looking at the specs I assume it is a pre-build and chances are the PSU you have now is pretty crap. It probably wont power anything else besides what is in there at the moment.

There is def room in the budget for a better GPU, but for just wow you dont need it. You are better of getting an SSD if you dont have one.

Ok great advice guys and gals, thank you.

I think I'm going to get R9 280 the power supply and an SSD

Merry Christmas (no offence meant to anyone that doesn't celebrate christmas)

Thanks again.