Raid Logs: Molten Core

I'm interested in seeing how each class/spec is performing in real raid scenarios. This weekend we got to go into Molten Core and take a little feel trip. Nostalgia for some, pain and suffering for others and a little ptsd for those that ran the place hundreds of times 9-10 years ago. Now I know some of you took logs, and I want to see them and maybe discuss how sine classes are performing right now before we get into "real" raiding next week.

My log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e-done&fight=1

I'm the glad warrior Kirshka. Been playing protection since wrath and am a Tank first and foremost. LFR took me as DPS so I took the opportunity to see how well I perform at the other role, and very thankful for glad stance because I can do good damage with my favorite spec.

Really happy with the performance of Gladiator. I haven't delved into specifics but I can see a large difference in dps between same specs being a product of gear/ilvl.

So post up your logs and let's chat about your class and how you feel things are looking as everyone suits up to tackle Highmaul in 8 days.

LFR MC40 is not a "real raid scenario"

How is it not? The fights are shorter than what we will likely see in Highmaul, but it's a large group of people with all buffs they care to have performing their role and avoiding mechanics, however simple they may be, to kill upscaled versions of the first raid bosses in WoW.

I have a strong suspicion that many people went into it looking to see how well they could do. Your post gives me the impression that you think you are better than the LFR crowd since you don't consider it a real raid scenario over any other info we currently have (only Sims and one log from Blizzcon). So, Larynx, post your MC run and show everyone what a true raider can do.

^ Because half, if not more, of the raid wouldn't care about their performance in LFR (especially one that is extremely boring and run for around 2hrs). Not to mention, "mechanic"? There isn't that many mechanic in MC - being "upscaled versions of the first raid bosses in WoW" doesn't change anything. In fact, because it's LFR, a lot of the mechanics were rendered harmless.

Doesn't seem like warcraft logs recognizes MC as a zone. Composite data would be a little more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkur View Post
    How is it not? The fights are shorter than what we will likely see in Highmaul, but it's a large group of people with all buffs they care to have performing their role and avoiding mechanics, however simple they may be, to kill upscaled versions of the first raid bosses in WoW.

I have a strong suspicion that many people went into it looking to see how well they could do. Your post gives me the impression that you think you are better than the LFR crowd since you don't consider it a real raid scenario over any other info we currently have (only Sims and one log from Blizzcon). So, Larynx, post your MC run and show everyone what a true raider can do.
    Problem with most of MC LFR is that they didn't take out the curses or magic debuffs, which screw with alot of caster dps & just overall dps depending on which one you get. You can get some pugs who don't even know what a cleanse is. I think thats the bigger part of it.

I did go into it though seeing how much damage I could dish out, how much healing my monk could put out, and how squishy my paladin really was. The last part of that was flawed because elementals love to stun you

Deleted
    lfr =/= real raid scenario.

Yup a 1:24 fight is a great representation of a real raid ^_^

Being a decurse bot for multiple bosses is not a 'real raid scenario'

Being stuck with int/casting speed debuffs because people in LFR don't know what decurse/dispell is does not equal a 'real raid scenario'

i topped all the meters as a shadowpriest but then again, it's lfr. It's full of retards.

Homophobia is so gay.

From a healer point of view MC is pretty silly. Whoever tops the meter is whoever dropped their raid wide throughput cool down on 40 people at the best time. Lucky I'm playing disc right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ OP /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Problem with most of MC LFR is that they didn't take out the curses or magic debuffs, which screw with alot of caster dps & just overall dps depending on which one you get. You can get some pugs who don't even know what a cleanse is. I think thats the bigger part of it.

I did go into it though seeing how much damage I could dish out, how much healing my monk could put out, and how squishy my paladin really was. The last part of that was flawed because elementals love to stun you
    Ya, some of the fights are not indicative of what performance will be like in Highmaul. They are LFR so the bosses die faster compared taking into account some people performing poorly for their ilvl/spec. but there are a few fights that can help give people an idea of what actual numbers will be like. Instead of making decisions on a robot performing an APL I figured people would be interested in seeing what numbers were like from actual people playing their class.

Golemag and Gehennas gives you a 3 target fight to see what pure cleave damage classes are capable of. Sulfuron, Major Domo and Garr offer a fight with multiple adds that can either be cc'd or aed down, which I believe most groups just AEd down. And Ragnaros and magmadar(he died to quick though ) is as close to patchwerk we are going to get before The Butcher is available next week.

I mistakenly thought this forum was a place to discuss such things. I haven't been here in years and it is now apparently a toxic cess pool with hardly any actual discussion going on. Just people complaining about one thing or the other and when they aren't doing that they are putting other people down or boasting about how good they are or how easy such and such content is with no back up. It's like a middle school playground in here.

I just wanted to see if anyone else recorded a combat log of their MC run.

15+ Year Old Account
    These bosses die faster than 5 man heroic ones. Most people are standing still the entire fight, have curses, debuffs, etc on them. It's all patchwork fights (which Blizzard no longer designs) along with legacy mechanics. Ragnaros, the longest fight is usually over in less than 3 minutes when the sons come out.

LFR is a toxic cesspool and no one will take it seriously for judging performance. You should gauge yourself off 5 man heroics and challenge modes. Those are the mechanics you'll see in the new raids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed how much trouble mc is giving to such random groups.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Sometimes it can be a "comparable raid scenario" but LFR is usually what it stands for... Loot For Retards
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

While there is some truth to the above poster's words (depending on your perspectiv) in that LFR shouldn't be taken as representative of what WoD raiding will be like (due to a variety of factors), it does give a general overview of how the classes are doing. Then again, we are still in a time were classes are still being rebalanced and tweaked, so what were seeing right now might not even be close to what happens in the weeks going forward. For example, Glad wars just had their shield slam and devestate abilities' damages reduced by 20% each, which is a pretty significant change.