Money Making Professions

I did not buy wod yet but am trying to figure out what profession combo I should use for gold making.

Starting fresh on New server so do not have any gold or help. Will boost level 60. I heard professions suck now but do you see any of them as having gold making potential in the future?

Deleted
    One max level character won't do much good to be completely honest. Enchanting and Alchemy are the only two that are not bound by BOP cooldown and therefore pretty independent of this whole garrison machine. But seeing as you don't have any gold to start with, they won't do much profit either, at least until you establish your first 30-50k or so, so you can comfortably buy materials on AH and flip them to profitable enchants.

Crafting professions "suck" in terms of time needed to actually craft something. In terms of gold made - not quite "suck". I sold JC ring for 35k yesterday and tailoring shoulders for 37,5k today. With barely any effort - I just do the daily CD and fill up work orders with follower in the garrison. That's about 72k gold made right there with just few clicks of the mouse. I didn't even had to buy anything on AH, as mines and herb gardens cover the mats needed for orders or cooldowns.

The most efficient method of gold making is raising many pimped out garrisons - at least 3-4. This gives you lots of small plots for profession buildings + profession slots on characters themselves. At 4 max level toons you have 12 plots + 8 professions, each producing mats for epic items that will sell for good money for quite a while. After a month or two maybe not 30k+ each but they should retain 5-10k prices even late in the tier, when LFR and raids are out. This setup can amass 1 million gold fairly quickly. Don't forget about Trading Post which allows you to exchange garrison resources for raw materials (especially leather and dust are very expensive) - this is mandatory long run building as you only need XXXX resources to pimp out garrison, after that any excessive are useless without this building. And last but not least Barn which produces leather, food and savage blood, all are pretty pricey materials.

For the first character with 0 gold I'd suggest to boost tailoring and blacksmithing. Then quest to level 96 asap, establish corresponding buildings on the small plots and don't forget the daily cooldown on the proffs. You should be able to get 100x BOP mats fairly quickly to craft two epics and sell for decent money. Inscription is a yes and no - godly as a garrison plot (1,2 darkmoon cards per day!), meh as a profession (painful to skill up to 700 to actually have worthwhile War Paint output increase). So once you get your Tier3 garrison you can use third small plot on Inscrpition building to make few extra thousand a day from darkmoon cards. They're getting cheaper every day but even after few months should still retain worthwhile prices for the effort invested (which is almost no effort).

I don't think there is much long term potential in buying mats and flipping them into consumables. This is because basically anyone can turn mats into consumables, or has a guild mate willing to do it. Garrisons make this even easier.

The real earning potential is in the daily cooldowns. I sold my first purple crafted for 35k. That is basically 350 gold per true steel ingot. Considering that 2 ingot takes just 4 hours to make and around 10g worth of mats, that is over 4000g a day just by visiting the forge.

You don't have to have a profession to do any of that. The profession just lets you make even more true steel per day, and craft the very best upgrade item (which will keep its value longer than the forge craftables)