Deleted

[Question] EmpSeal or TV

Hey guys,

since i cant find it anywhere in the searchtool, i will ask my question here.

I wonder which lvl 100 talent actually is the best for pve. As the title showed, i wanna know which one of them is actually better.

EmpSeal: constantly 15% atkpower and 15% haste
    TV: only dmg buff for ds, but no "TV" dmg improve

Seraphim: to clunky for me...

I though EmpSeal is actually the best, but iam not sure. So pls help me out! Thanks.

For the talents, it seems like there's a bit of discussion about that on the first post of the Ret Theorycrafting thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion

But I'll just throw in my 2 cents of personal experience, I switched from EmpSeals to Final Verdict last night while doing MC and my DPS did increase a bit. Highly possible it's just a personal skill thing, it is easier to use Final Verdict to good potential than EmpSeals.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Final Verdict, remember that it's doing Holy damage, not physical damage. Since Holy damage is not mitigated by armor, it will do more damage than Templar's Verdict unless there's some magic damage reduction on the target. This also has a side effect of making the mastery proc hit for more because of the higher base damage.

Final Verdict is also most similar to how you're used to playing in MoP, so it takes less time to get used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using FV since hitting 100 when in my OS, and I'm usually top dps in most 5 mans, either ST or AoE.

Unless there's a destro lock in the group, who usually will pwn aoe situations atm. Still beating them ST though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saruya View Post
    I've been using FV since hitting 100 when in my OS, and I'm usually top dps in most 5 mans, either ST or AoE.

Unless there's a destro lock in the group, who usually will pwn aoe situations atm. Still beating them ST though.
    for the aoe phase, do you hit first with FV and then DS or are going straight DS for the procs?

its kinda strange for me, that youre saying you are almost top dmg in aoe, because when i do 5mans, iam always on the 2 or last spot of dmg dealers.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 5 mans, just go with FV. It is significantly less of a pain in the ass and the damage is fine. The damage difference between the 2 talents will be marginal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cnx77 View Post
    for the aoe phase, do you hit first with FV and then DS or are going straight DS for the procs?

its kinda strange for me, that youre saying you are almost top dmg in aoe, because when i do 5mans, iam always on the 2 or last spot of dmg dealers.
    If it's a group I'll ST 5 HP, hit FV, then either build up to a boosted DS, or use it straight off if it's procced for me.

I use DP as well, so I'll weave FV and boosted DSs if I get repeated DP procs. Man it's glorious when that happens.

If I get repeated DS procs I'll burn those until the group is whittled down to a couple of mobs, then drop prio on even FV boosted DS and revert to a ST rotation.

All of the above assumes appropriate HoW usage as mobs hit >35% ofc.

Just one more question,
    currently im runing HA+FV, when I pop wings/ha on trash, should use FV then DS, or just spam DS?
    If i dont get any DS procs that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

I prefer Emp Seals + DP to fill globals. I'll probably stick to it for most situations until I get T17 set bonuses.

For PVP i think TV is better because its burstier with its proc, but I think there will be several comps/counters where it excells past TV

I am currently building more holy power over using regular DS proc when TV proc isnt up, but I am not sure if thats the better decision... would like to hear more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Just one more question,
    currently im runing HA+FV, when I pop wings/ha on trash, should use FV then DS, or just spam DS?
    If i dont get any DS procs that is.
    Weave FV and DS (so you only DS with the FV buff up unless you have the EmpDS buff, in which case you DS immediately) up to 5 targets. At 5 < targets, spam DS like your life depends on it.