Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Make it proc when the player uses an ability
    Curiously, what abilities would you suggest?
    I'd make a Ragnaros joke...but, too soon.

Okay a better wording of it is we do t have the proper means to pool resources. We can cap on runes so quickly that the line between pooling and a dps loss comes very quickly.
    Their intent doesn't mean we are meant to though. The class just doesn't have that feel to it (talking dps not tanking)

Quote Originally Posted by jrockviggy View Post
    Curiously, what abilities would you suggest?
    Obliterate for DW, Frost Strike for 2H. At different procrates, of course.

That would heavily favor 2H playstyle considering the way Blood Tap works.

It wouldn't in PvE, because micromanaging Blood Tap isn't worth doing. If you're talking PvP i have no opinion on the matter. But anyway, the specific implementation is unimportant, the idea of triggering the proc on player action rather than randomly on autoattacks is what matters.

I was talking about PvE and it wouldn't require any micromanagement. You'd simply be getting way too much out of KM with a Blood Tap > Frost Strike macro.

I could see it proccing off frost fever with a 1.5 second ICD.

enjoying frost...?
    i will stay with my uh dk

Eh? Macroed BT is essentially passive. Can you explain what you mean there?

Proccing off frost fever would be no improvement at all. The problem is that it's random, so the player is always reactive and has no control.

A longer ICD could work, but I wouldn't find that as fun as being able to control when KM can proc myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeze View Post
    Thanks for explaining, a simple 'this is wrong' doesn't explain anything to people that don't follow mmo often.

In regards to what I said, it was Prioritise obliterate, which means using it before Frost Strike, not the fact that you wait regardless, perhaps I should of explained better also.

I read your post, RuneDK as saying whatever is up use what is available, but if I have both available or even OB usage 1 second off/blood tap use, i'm going to use obliterate as it gives a better benefit dps wise. If i'm looking at 3+ seconds on OB then FS is going to be used as you're likely missing out on another possible KM and tbh it's a more instinctual press.

Simcraft and guides all point to ob usage for KM procs and ofc in the heat of the moment FS is a solution over a long wait, but obliterate is still a priority > FS for 2H.
    Unless you are new to dks its been that way for a long time hence 2h being called one of the easiest faceroll specs there is. And why a lot of people wanted so desperately for them to change killing machine. And why I parked my dk.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I know it seems like the first time to you, but this keeps coming up, and it gets really exhausting explaining the same point over and again. Sorry for being short.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    As Rune said above my post, it's just plain been proven to be a waste to wait on them. You net more dps not waiting on them compared to waiting, even with how hard OB hits for 2h
    Depends how long you wait, its is shown that it waiting is not worth it if its to long if you have correct cycle on your rotation, and dont wait to much it is an increase to wait but if its full duration wait for that KM(rune reg duration) then its actually a loss in dps.

Its proven, and it will be even more increase in dps the more gear you get.

However this is the thing you need to calculate the time between that rune.

If i know its to long i will FS.

Just takes a bit of playing dk to learn the downtime of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Depends how long you wait, its is shown that it waiting is not worth it if its to long if you have correct cycle on your rotation, and dont wait to much it is an increase to wait but if its full duration wait for that KM(rune reg duration) then its actually a loss in dps.

Its proven, and it will be even more increase in dps the more gear you get.

However this is the thing you need to calculate the time between that rune.

If i know its to long i will FS.

Just takes a bit of playing dk to learn the downtime of it.
    "Sigh"
    Yeah, pick apart what I said because I didn't give a paragraph long explanation detailing each and every nuance of it.

There's always technicalities, I apologize. I talked in the form of a generalization for simplicity sake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    "Sigh"
    Yeah, pick apart what I said because I didn't give a paragraph long explanation detailing each and every nuance of it.

There's always technicalities, I apologize. I talked in the form of a generalization for simplicity sake.
    I didnt mean it like that man u know that, just so he dont get confused :P others might take your word straight out of your mouth and interpid it wrong.

I was kinda shocked myself when i saw u say this since u know very much aswell, so i was almost 100% u just wanted to explaint it simple for him hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    How is DW holding up to 2H? I hate the downtime on 2H, is it any better as DW currently?
    yes id like an answer to this to pelase

Nobody really knows, as raids aren't open yet. Any answers would be based on small sample sizes from beta or non-raid content.

Deleted
    im on about PVP couldnt give a shit about raiding atm.

PVP: i do bg's and WPVP so should i go DW or 2h. im playing 2h at the moment feels like a slower version of an arms warrior

Oh Frost DK. Ya, just go Unholy. I find it much more reliable atm.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    yeah but i dnt want to play unholy i want to play frost dnt just say play a different specc when i asked a question yhou failed to answer

would love to see KM stacks would def help frost out alot