Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    the entire IT department should be fired, or at the very least retrained.
    seriously, if it didn't secure it's data, and more importantly didn't notice that there was abnormally large amount of uploading going on, then they are either complicit or incompetent, and I am leaning towards a mixture of both.
    They had clear text passwords stored in a folder names passwords on an unencrypted network. Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I could do a better job, those jackasses were storing credit card numbers on the same table as dates and security codes.
    More importantly: You are forbidden from storing security codes, period. The entire point of the security code is that it was meant to be a "signature" when the customer was not present to physically sign -- a "card not present" transaction. "We got it last time" was never meant to take the place of having the cardholder "sign" again.

If it was true that they were storing CVV codes anywhere, they violated PCI standards and I hope they are sued into the dirt for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    do any of you getting all eager at the thought of sony in financial trouble realize the implications of sony going under are in the console market?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Yea that's it. I'm not buying anything over Sony again. I guess my data has not been stolen, since this is primarily an attack on their internal stuff, but this company sucks at protecting their data.

I'll try to delete my credit card info from my playstation once I can, if that is of any help

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    do any of you getting all eager at the thought of sony in financial trouble realize the implications of sony going under are in the console market?
    It would be really bad if Sony or Nintendo or even Microsoft dropped out of the console market.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Had completely missed this, this is pretty major, Sony has fucked up really bad lol.

Cant they just unplug the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yea that's it. I'm not buying anything over Sony again. I guess my data has not been stolen, since this is primarily an attack on their internal stuff, but this company sucks at protecting their data.

I'll try to delete my credit card info from my playstation once I can, if that is of any help
    ....Read the story its not SoE that has been hacked its Sony Pictures.

People really do need to read more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Welcome to MMOC, where PC games are still enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ....Read the story its not SoE that has been hacked its Sony Pictures.

People really do need to read more.
    sony is sony. SoE has been hacked before, now pictures

No, I don't trust that company anymore. Looks like they haven't learned jack shit from the attack on SoE and it is not like Sony doesn't talk among its own branches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Welcome to MMOC, where PC games are still enjoyed.
    unfortunately sony is also present in the electronics industry and numerous other industries. less competition leads to higher prices for consumers. since the companies involved have little to no motivation to change their prices.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Naughty Dog gets purchased by Activision, Sucker Punch Productions get purchased by EA. The rest of Sony's first party development teams disband and their first party IP's get auctioned off. XBONE becomes the default gaming console. Nintendo remains irrelevant in non-handhold market share. PC remains the top gaming platform for those who can afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they learned nothing from the whole PSN debacle a couple years ago. How many times do they have to get hit before they start taking their security seriously?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristya View Post
    Naughty Dog gets purchased by Activision, Sucker Punch Productions get purchased by EA. The rest of Sony's first party development teams disband and their first party IP's get auctioned off. XBONE becomes the default gaming console. Nintendo remains irrelevant in non-handhold market share. PC remains the top gaming platform for those who can afford it.
    and if microsoft and/or nintendo decide to institute a consumer unfriendly policy you are screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    None really. PS can easily be spun off as its own business. Hell Sony could probably find a buyer by noon tomorrow if they wanted.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    They had clear text passwords stored in a folder names passwords on an unencrypted network. Jesus tapdancing Christ.
    Pretty much, even I know better than that.

I wonder what there demands are.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    sony is sony. SoE has been hacked before, now pictures

No, I don't trust that company anymore. Looks like they haven't learned jack shit from the attack on SoE and it is not like Sony doesn't talk among its own branches.
    Not true. Thats like saying all games made with Activison's name on it is made by the same people when it isn't. Sony Pictures is a different division under the Sony name just like the side of Microsoft who makes the OS is a different division then the Xbox Division.

Also what company hasn't been hacked??? I can see getting annoyed and you got the right to but this hack dosen't effect u unless u use Sony Pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    So they learned nothing from the whole PSN debacle a couple years ago. How many times do they have to get hit before they start taking their security seriously?
    Once more from the top.

Its Sony Pictures who got hacked not SOE/PSN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Pretty much, even I know better than that.

I wonder what there demands are.
    a lifetime supply of hot pockets.

Not true. Thats like saying all games made with Activison's name on it is made by the same people when it isn't. Sony Pictures is a different division under the Sony name just like the side of Microsoft who makes the OS is a different division then the Xbox Division.

Also what company hasn't been hacked??? I can see getting annoyed and you got the right to buy this hack dosen't effect u unless u use Sony Pictures.
    Are you seriously telling me that SoE learned how to protect itself against hacks on that scale and they didn't tell Sony Pictures about it? It all falls under Sony Corporation after all. Those are different branches of it, not totally independent companies sharing a similar name.

15+ Year Old Account

Also what company hasn't been hacked??? I can see getting annoyed and you got the right to buy this hack dosen't effect u unless u use Sony Pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Once more from the top.

Its Sony Pictures who got hacked not SOE/PSN.
    I mean, they could have some of SoE's stuff in the Sony Picture data. It is not impossible.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose