10+ Year Old Account

[A] Heroic Raid LF Ranged DPS (Tues/Thurs) - crossrealm a-okay!

This may be an overly honest (and therefore ineffective) recruitment message. Whatever. I assure you that we're totally cool.

Behold, my complete lack of brevity!
    (seriously guys I have a problem)

Details

When: Tues/Thurs at 7pm PST to 9.30pm, invites at 6.45pm.

What: Our biggest need is more ranged DPS and we'd especially appreciate those with maintained offspecs. We can also take a DH that has a tank off-spec and is willing to tank when there are absences, but otherwise we're pretty full on melee. Players need to be punctual/reliable and be able to make the full schedule most weeks.

Where: We do both normal and heroic content, but AotC is our primary goal each tier. Normal is to help gear up faster and learn the fights "easy mode" first. As a small raid of questionable skills, we have no plans to move into mythic.

Who: This is a multi-guild raiding alliance group, which means you can stay in your current guild/server with your friends and still raid with us.

MOAR DETAILS
    (the detailed details)

About us
    We're mostly a group of older casual-ish raiders that has known each other for most of WoW. We care about making progress through the tiers, even if it's at our own pace. We can be surly (in good spirit), but we're not abusive and no one gets yelled at over voice chat. We're a little weird (well, except me, I'm not weird) and occasionally snarky but I like us.

About you
    We need folks who are consistent and who are familiar with their class/spec. We want folks who use consumables and gem their gear and do more than mash buttons. You're not expected to min/max or anything like that, but we want to see some effort put into prep and performance.

At the same time, we don't want players who take themselves or the raid so seriously that they forget we are a casual group that is there to have fun. We tease each other a lot (okay, mostly they tease me but it gets spread around), so don't be thin-skinned or uptight. Don't be a jerk. Don't be a loot whore. Don't be a drama-queen. Be willing to volunteer for the annoying jobs sometime. Sometimes we make stupid mistakes; this is okay if you own up to it and fix it. We had a Canadian PuG who once wiped for three hours with a raid I was in, and then afterwards sincerely thanked us for the "great experience." We don't expect you to be that awesome (or that Canadian), but you should be able to tolerate wipes and fuck-ups because this isn't a hardcore raid and they will happen.

We do extend IDs periodically; be okay with that.

It's important to us that you mesh well with the group in terms of both raiding approach/mentality and personality. Also that you are not an unreliable flake because that is like the one thing that makes me stabby. Or would, if I was stabby. Which I'm totally not.

You have to tolerate the raid leader's fondness for cute critters and elaborate lists.

Anyway, message me if you're interested. Or post here. We don't have a formal applications or trial process, but we'll work something out so you can impress us with how nifty you are in the near future.

TL;DR
    sup
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-08-19 at 05:17 AM. Reason: updated for shadowlands