Page 2 of 309 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    The evidence did. Glad he made a statement about all the false police reports. Remember our talk?
    Listen man. I've tried taking you seriously before. I've tried listening and asking questions. Its never gone well.

Whelp, incoming shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Right, because letting someone off scot free for employing lethal force against an unarmed suspect is totally just.

But you know, rational administration of the judicial system would get in the way of pandering to the corporate sector and a surfeit of democracy.
    You mean the same unarmed suspect who tried to grab his gun and got shot in the hand because of it.

Even if he is not indicted for criminal charges he should be discharged from the police force for causing this ruckuss.
    Agreed he should be discarged but still keep all of his benfits.

I love how every single time a white man is seen innocent in a case where its White Vs Black it must be because of racisum. Would really love people to stop using that card every chance they get.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of idiot the jurors had to be to look at the case and decide there was no doubt whatsoever it was justified, but it would be a very special kind of idiot.
    Or maybe they paid attention to stuff other than social media, because you know most of the first-person accounts were proven BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    No, the fact that there are systemic issues surrounding racial bias in the judicial system means the system is racist. This is just symptomatic of that.
    Okay, explain the so called "systemic issues" and the "racial bias". Put some substance behind the claim and show how he got acquitted cuz racism.

Even if he is not indicted for criminal charges he should be discharged from the police force for causing this ruckuss.
    You should be discharged for defending yourself?

Deleted
    Right, because letting someone off scot free for employing lethal force against an unarmed suspect is totally just.

But you know, rational administration of the judicial system would get in the way of pandering to the corporate sector and a surfeit of democracy.
    Correct me if wrong, but did the suspect not strike the officer multiple times and enter close quarters to struggle for his service weapon?

If that's grounds for lethal force or not is an American issue, in the U.K we'd say no it's not.

OnT It's what i expected realistically, given the wide ranging charges and lack of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Okay, explain the so called "systemic issues" and the "racial bias". Put some substance behind the claim.
    If you're this woefully ill informed on the US justice system a forum is not the correct place to learn.

Deleted
    Profiling is not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    They'll riot no matter what just because they're expected to. It's just what people do.
    Yep dumb people will do dumb shit if you give them a reason.

I mean come the fuck on was the looting and shit needed because a kid got shot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Only 18 years old.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Or maybe they paid attention to stuff other than social media, because you know most of the first-person accounts were proven BS.
    I'd love to see the tally you're going off of here.

I'm not sure what kind of idiot the jurors had to be to look at the case and decide there was no doubt whatsoever it was justified, but it would be a very special kind of idiot.
    Just like how you were spouting out BS that he was shot in the back early in the case when the details were unclear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Okay, explain the so called "systemic issues" and the "racial bias".
    The fact the legal system is, in many respects, tailored to discriminate against poor people who are disproportionately black. An example of this is the disparity in severity for regular cocaine versus crack cocaine - the latter is more harshly punished and tends to be used more by blacks. There are also higher conviction rates amongst black people for identical crimes, as well as the variance in conviction rate depending on the racial makeup of the jury.

You should be discharged for defending yourself?
    When it involves using lethal force against an unarmed suspect, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    If you're this woefully ill informed on the US justice system a forum is not the correct place to learn.
    So you prefer relying on vague descriptions of the system, so you can mold it after your own agenda? Okay.

How was he acquitted because of racism?

How many of the jurors were white, exactly?
    How does that matter at all? That is just race bait and if you're saying that race made a difference then a jury of all blacks would have chose to indict just because they were black making it racist. The jury was a jury of peers the choice was made.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Correct me if wrong, but did the suspect not strike the officer multiple times and enter close quarters to struggle for his service weapon?
    I'd like to know what kind of moron police officer allows the suspect to get that close.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

If that's grounds for lethal force or not is an American issue, in the U.K we'd say no it's not.

OnT It's what i expected realistically, given the wide ranging charges and lack of evidence.
    Yes the suspect did and got shot in the hand because of it. At that point he forfit his safety.

Listen man. I've tried taking you seriously before. I've tried listening and asking questions. Its never gone well.
    I told you many people filed false police reports, because of the social media shit storm created right after the shooting. You debated this with me on numerous occasions, and you were unwilling to budge to the fact that this was indeed possible. Well, it's wasn't just possible, it was substantiated by the DA. So much so that he stated that numerous " witness's " either changed their story, or fully retracted their statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even an indictment? The physical evidence must have been overwhelming.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    How does that matter at all? That is just race bait and if you're saying that race made a difference then a jury of all blacks would have chose to indict just because they were black making it racist. The jury was a jury of peers the choice was made.
    It does, actually - decisions tend to vary significantly based on a jury's racial makeup. Sad but true.