Best spec for WoD raiding?

How is survival fairing and what will most of you be raiding with next week?

10+ Year Old Account
    MM/BM probably,benching survival I think

MM is THE raid spec for hunters ATM.

Deleted
    I did 90-100 as Survival and then some dungeons at lvl 100 with that spec aswell.
    Forums said tho that MM did more DPS and in my case that was correct so I think Ill be raiding as MM, playing without a pet is kinda smooth aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive done every boss on beta so far and topped meters as Marksman, never really played BM even in fights like hansgar and franzok where you have to move like a burning chicken marksman was still better.
    i played Survival for the mageboss in highmaul which only receives magic damage for breaking his barrier, dunno if its worth it in the end, our raid wasnt full due to the times the boss getting tested (02:00 AM here)

100% Achievements - "Warlords of Draenor Edition" - 03.02.2016 - 05:52 CET
    Hunter Armory | Guild: Gambit (German) | Sellruns / Boosts (German)

MM > SV > BM for single target, with MM raping other specs.
    BM > SV > MM for AoE, with BM raping other 2 specs.

There's a thread for that Even with heavy movement MM still wins, SV might be useful for fights where magic damage is important like pre-last boss in Highmaul :P And BM for fights like Protectors or Tortos

I'm going to raid as MM with SV+EM as an alternative (I know EM sucks, but this is rather for AoE purposes and I hate BM :P Also useful in PvP)
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2014-11-25 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    MM > SV > BM for single target, with MM raping other specs.
    BM > SV > MM for AoE, with BM raping other 2 specs.

There's a thread for that Even with heavy movement MM still wins, SV might be useful for fights where magic damage is important like pre-last boss in Highmaul :P And BM for fights like Protectors or Tortos

I'm going to raid as MM with SV+EM as an alternative (I know EM sucks, but this is rather for AoE purposes and I hate BM :P Also useful in PvP)
    BM doesnt "rape" SV in AoE, they're both fairly similar in my experience, with SV being lower in AoE, but higher in single target, making it better for cleave fights where you just dump your AoE and continue single target, as SV AoE is throw your explosive trap prematurely, apply SpS with multi shot and then refresh it every 15s, finally finish it off with Barrage/Glaive toss whichever you have. After this you resume standard single target and your single target is barely affected as Explosive Trap does about 60% of the damage of an arcane shot on single target, but doesn't cost focus, and Multishot does less damage than an arcane, but still applies SpS.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

10+ Year Old Account
    MM hunter with lone wolf talent does wonders at single target atm. Rotation feels good we have a strong starting burst and execution phase. Survival lacks of burst and kill shot and BM feels right now at least for me kind of wrong

Deleted
    Guys, can someone link a comparison (statistic or simulations) about SV and MM raid damage?
    I really love Survival abilities so if there's only 1 or 2 percent gap, I won't reroll to MM. But of course if it's more...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rEmedEe View Post
    Guys, can someone link a comparison (statistic or simulations) about SV and MM raid damage?
    I really love Survival abilities so if there's only 1 or 2 percent gap, I won't reroll to MM. But of course if it's more...
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    BM doesnt "rape" SV in AoE, they're both fairly similar in my experience, with SV being lower in AoE, but higher in single target, making it better for cleave fights where you just dump your AoE and continue single target, as SV AoE is throw your explosive trap prematurely, apply SpS with multi shot and then refresh it every 15s, finally finish it off with Barrage/Glaive toss whichever you have. After this you resume standard single target and your single target is barely affected as Explosive Trap does about 60% of the damage of an arcane shot on single target, but doesn't cost focus, and Multishot does less damage than an arcane, but still applies SpS.
    There's already such thread with such simulations This same thread states clearly that BM AoE is ~5k dps above SV, which I consider raping Of course difference won't be that high with 630-40 gear, but once we get some Highmaul stuff it will grow bigger and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by rEmedEe View Post
    Thanks!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-Hunter-Guide
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho