Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    The entire set bonus is fucking annoying imo. Most obnoxious, GCD eating, micromanage-necessary set bonus of any healer they've released for T18. Being able to replace a rejuv every few seconds with a LB instead is hardly something 4pc tier worthy...Thanks for the overhealing, I guess, Blizz.
    While direct heals are not desired, OoC will proc more (assuming it'll work that way) which is a plus.

Deleted
    What do you use for CMs?

I am thinking double passive, http://www.wowhead.com/item=110001/t...tory&bonus=524 + http://www.wowhead.com/item=116290/e...wounds&bonus=0 (int+haste + int+mastery).

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    What do you use for CMs?

I am thinking double passive, http://www.wowhead.com/item=110001/t...tory&bonus=524 + http://www.wowhead.com/item=116290/e...wounds&bonus=0 (int+haste + int+mastery).
    darmacs + Blackhands crucible.
    no question just so much value for ilvl.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-25 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    While direct heals are not desired, OoC will proc more (assuming it'll work that way) which is a plus.
    Last ptr testing i saw was that it did NOT proc OoC more. Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    No and it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    No. Same, I didn't notice a change at all when testing on PTR.

Which of these cloaks would you use?

- [Force Nova Cloak]
    - [Flame Infusion Drape]
    - [Runefrenzy Greatcloak]

What are the strongest throughput trinkets currently? I have a 700 Repository with socket, 691 Talisman with socket, and a 685 Shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    If those that you linked are those that you have, then Runefrenzy, absolutely. The ilvl upgrade is huge in terms of throughput - you lose a bit of spirit, but for me, personally, that wouldn't be a concern with the mythic spirit trinkets from Furnace and Beastlord.

Yes, absolutely the Runefrenzy, its our BiS. If you can choose any trinkets, you should be running Darmac's Unstable Talisman and Candle/Chew Toy/Autoclave, depending on how much spirit you want.

Oh, yes, I should probably have mentioned, but we don't have a sufficiently large roster to raid mythic, so all the mythic gear I get is solely through cache, and since Resto is my off-spec, mythic spirit trinkets are out of the equation for now. I haven't been very lucky with bonus rolls or healing trinkets otherwise dropping, so the trinkets I currently have are the following:

- [Goren Soul Repository] + 50 mastery gem
    - [Darmac's Unstable Talisman] + 50 mastery gem
    - [Shards of Nothing]
    - [Ironspike Chew Toy]

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I would've used these trinkets. It's really important that you play carefully when you lack spirit. Also have good communication with ur healers so you use all your cd's as much as possible else you might run oom fast

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Oh, yes, I should probably have mentioned, but we don't have a sufficiently large roster to raid mythic, so all the mythic gear I get is solely through cache, and since Resto is my off-spec, mythic spirit trinkets are out of the equation for now. I haven't been very lucky with bonus rolls or healing trinkets otherwise dropping, so the trinkets I currently have are the following:

- [Shards of Nothing]
    - [Ironspike Chew Toy]
    I would say this goren soul + darmacs + ToL/MoC/DoC talent, which is based around having a lower mana pool. But doesn't scale much with spirit though.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-29 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why am I seeing people suggest moment of clarity more... I thought it was established a long time ago that it is a completely shit talent because of its reduced proc rate as well as not really saving you more mana because it forces you to stop what you're doing to spam regrowth that might not even heal for much.

The only thing I can see you doing for saving mana with it is you're using Rejuv less since you don't have germination, but you can achieve better results (in both mana and healing) just by learning some restraint and pacing your healing.

Moment of Clarity is kind of nice on a fight like M Blast Furnace, because (1) it's a long, healing intensive fight which will stretch your mana pool to begin with (2) there are almost always people sitting at sub 80% HP randomly due to the damage patterns meaning that you can almost always get full efficiency out of procs (3) there is only limited movement required, reducing the chances of a proc being totally wasted. That's the only fight I have seen this tier that I would want to touch it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    Why am I seeing people suggest moment of clarity more... I thought it was established a long time ago that it is a completely shit talent because of its reduced proc rate as well as not really saving you more mana because it forces you to stop what you're doing to spam regrowth that might not even heal for much.

The only thing I can see you doing for saving mana with it is you're using Rejuv less since you don't have germination, but you can achieve better results (in both mana and healing) just by learning some restraint and pacing your healing.
    It's not reducing your proc rate, it's reducing the buff timer. It is considered a bad talent only due to the fact that it is more hps to rejuv spam with germination, which you are allowed to by having heavy spirit trinkets, spamming regrowth is only worse when you are not planning on using Wild growth, and you are not forced to do anything. And no you do not gain more healing from pacing, you do however get more healing if you spam more, which is restricted by mana, if you are running with 2 throughput trinkets though this is not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    And no you do not gain more healing from pacing, you do however get more healing if you spam more, which is restricted by mana, if you are running with 2 throughput trinkets though this is not the case.
    You can't tell me its more healing to spam when you run out of Mana. Pacing is what gives you the longevity with germination. There's a difference between what you're saying and healing that actually matters. Just because I have the option to spam doesn't mean I should. Pacing dictates that by spamming during the periods you need and having a small upkeep for before you may need to spam again, making mana fluctuate. Being restricted by mana is the reason spamming won't give you effective HPS. Raw throughput means nothing in most cases.

While I can agree it works on some long encounters like blast furnace I still think you're going to have more flexibility without that talent.

Yup, for MoC to be a reasonable option, you need to have a fight that is long enough and consistently has sub 100% HP targets to heal. Blast Furnace is really the only fight this tier that fits that pattern. Gruul has enough damage, but is too short of a fight for the mana efficiency to really be needed. Almost every other BRF fight is more about on demand burst over sustained healing, and too many MoC procs get wasted with that type of damage pattern.

If HFC has more fights with sustained raid damage, we may see MoC become more of a viable option. Especially because we will be losing a fairly significant chunk of regen with 6.2 gearing. The HFC trinkets have significantly less regen on them than the BRF trinkets. Also, losing T17 2 piece will reduce our overall mana longevity somewhat. All of this may make a regen talent more attractive.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it still bothers me that the whole WoD healing model only has one or two fights per raid that actually live up to the pre-wod expectation, for me personally atleast. (Highmaul has Ko'ragh and Imperator, BRF has Furnace really, but I guess Kromog is also similar)
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2015-05-30 at 12:18 AM.

Personally I use MoC on every fight in BRF
    Its a great tool to be used, and you can get alot more benefit than what people think

Start with the bad points, its RNG based, ok moving on

It gives resto druids a very valuable tool that we dont have and thats spot healing! When it procs and you are a haste build druid you can get 5/6 regrowths off if you are stationary! Thats an incredible amount of healing that you can achieve with 5 globals!
    Ok no one is taking damage what do i do with this proc? Its simple spam the tanks building the living seed buff on them !

Just looking at one of my gruul parses I had 68 casts of regrowth in a 5.35min Encounter 5 healing and in total it did 3.7m healing ! Now add in living seed which was an extra 1.1mil you are looking at close to 5mil Healing from this talent! I had 19procs of MoC which was up for 28% of the fight! You just cant ignore these statistics if you are really looking to push your healing to its max.
    Comparing this set of results to some of the druids that have posted in this forum its just phenomenal how much more healing I did with this talent in comparrison to those specced Germination.

Now are people saying that your second rejuvenation will do 5mil healing?? Lets be honest here guys whats the point in a second rejuv its basically all overhealing the Pre Wod Style of healing is out of the window now, all the healers have the mana and have the gear to be able to burst heal people up.

Those that are still running with germination are taking the easy approach to healing, it doesnt do a great deal of healing unless you are 3 healing encounters, it will get sniped by other healers meaning it will be overheal and apart from on tanks is there any real reason to double rejuv someone? (Oh some big AoE burst is inc i hear you say) Well guys not to worry to deal with this you simple plan for it and use a raid cd!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renchy View Post
    Personally I use MoC on every fight in BRF
    Its a great tool to be used, and you can get alot more benefit than what people think

Start with the bad points, its RNG based, ok moving on

It gives resto druids a very valuable tool that we dont have and thats spot healing! When it procs and you are a haste build druid you can get 5/6 regrowths off if you are stationary! Thats an incredible amount of healing that you can achieve with 5 globals!
    Ok no one is taking damage what do i do with this proc? Its simple spam the tanks building the living seed buff on them !

Just looking at one of my gruul parses I had 68 casts of regrowth in a 5.35min Encounter 5 healing and in total it did 3.7m healing ! Now add in living seed which was an extra 1.1mil you are looking at close to 5mil Healing from this talent! I had 19procs of MoC which was up for 28% of the fight! You just cant ignore these statistics if you are really looking to push your healing to its max.
    Comparing this set of results to some of the druids that have posted in this forum its just phenomenal how much more healing I did with this talent in comparrison to those specced Germination.

Now are people saying that your second rejuvenation will do 5mil healing?? Lets be honest here guys whats the point in a second rejuv its basically all overhealing the Pre Wod Style of healing is out of the window now, all the healers have the mana and have the gear to be able to burst heal people up.

Those that are still running with germination are taking the easy approach to healing, it doesnt do a great deal of healing unless you are 3 healing encounters, it will get sniped by other healers meaning it will be overheal and apart from on tanks is there any real reason to double rejuv someone? (Oh some big AoE burst is inc i hear you say) Well guys not to worry to deal with this you simple plan for it and use a raid cd!!
    68/19 = 3.6
    So much for your 5-6 regrowths.

Btw: when you say the second rejuv would have to do 5m healing, are you intending to imply that you would leave all those GCDs empty if you weren't specced MoC, or do you just not understand what you are even talking about?

Also if mana was such a non-issue (your claim - not mine) MoC would LITERALLY do nothing. Literally. It's a mana talent that only generates throughput by replacing lower throughput spells, or enabling additional casts.

Anything else we can explain to you?
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2015-05-30 at 02:15 AM.