Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's everyone's thought on weapon enchants? Do you see yourself always using Mark of Shadowmoon, or switching to the haste/mastery enchant if you aren't having mana problems?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erionn View Post
    What's everyone's thought on weapon enchants? Do you see yourself always using Mark of Shadowmoon, or switching to the haste/mastery enchant if you aren't having mana problems?
    Throughput RNG is the last thing I'd want on a healer. Should I ever be swimming in mana again I'll
    - try and drop a healer (not me lol :3)
    - switch to throughput trinkets (static or on-use)
    - switch to throughput jewelry (rings, neck etc)
    - start using int pots instead of mana pots
    - switch my weapon enchant to throughput.
    In that order. Plus the healer enchant is fairly affordable, even if you don't have a dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Erionn View Post
    I'll carry weapons with both enchants anyway for offspec needs, sure I'll equip DPS weapon for when mana isn't an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Throughput RNG is the last thing I'd want on a healer.
    +/- 5% isn't really noticeable, except on meters and on logs.

Deleted
    Two things :

1) What do you think is the ideal talents (and glyphs) combo for Imperator HM ? I tried ToL / DoC / Germination and ToL / DoC / MoC so far. I'd like to try a SotF build but I'm unsure at this point as ToL can be used as both a mana saver and mana dumping during heavy damage phase, mainly P3 and P4. I like DoC on Imperator but maybe NV is better ? Definitely better on P3 / P4 I guess but DoC allows me to be sitting on a lot of mana to prepare for those ones.
    Also, my tranquility is required for both transition as we kill all the adds at the same time while under a PW:Barrier.

2) Are the treants useable in any fight or are they still sub-par in every case ? It's free healing and almost always up, so maybe.. :/
    Last edited by mmoc06f546cfaf; 2014-12-18 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    +/- 5% isn't really noticeable, except on meters and on logs.
    True, weapon enchant is always a nuance. But there are better ways to get rid of excess regen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkah View Post
    1) What do you think is the ideal talents (and glyphs) combo for Imperator HM ? I tried ToL / DoC / Germination and ToL / DoC / MoC so far. I'd like to try a SotF build but I'm unsure at this point as ToL can be used as both a mana saver and mana dumping during heavy damage phase, mainly P3 and P4. I like DoC on Imperator but maybe NV is better ? Definitely better on P3 / P4 I guess but DoC allows me to be sitting on a lot of mana to prepare for those ones.
    SotF and Incarnation both work well here. Personally, I prefer SotF, and rely very much on WG healing for the whole fight.
    Germination is required, as both other talents are sub-par.
    HotW and NV both work well - IMO you should consider using either SotF+HotW, or Inc+NV. I tried DoC on this fight and dismissed it. You can only use it in P1+2, which are irrelevant (if not all of your healers are at > 90% mana when going into the transition phase, you are doing something wrong, like exploding mines). For later phases, both HotW and NV are vastly superior so no reason to use DoC.
    For glyphs, I use WG, HT and RG for all fights and don't see any reasonable alternative to that (unless you need the Stampeding Roar range).

Also, my tranquility is required for both transition as we kill all the adds at the same time while under a PW:Barrier.
    That is the usual tactics, as it saves most mana for the healers.

2) Are the treants useable in any fight or are they still sub-par in every case ? It's free healing and almost always up, so maybe.. :/
    No. The numbers are sub-par and for any fight that is challenging healing-wise, both other talents are clearly superior. (For all other fights, you can use whatever you want.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    True, weapon enchant is always a nuance. But there are better ways to get rid of excess regen imo.
    Yes - intellect trinkets. That's were we get the most throughput back from trading away spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

2) Are the treants useable in any fight or are they still sub-par in every case ?
    On the first, IIRC, Twin Ogron kill that was listed on Warcraftlogs, a resto druid used Treants. The other talents has higher throughput potential, I believe, but treants overheal very little, have no rotation requirements, can be used for burst every minute, and in a movement fight like Twins you can drop them down at one spot covering one section of the room, then move to another.

Treants have haste breakpoints every 1/6 - first one at 16.7%, buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

I like DoC on Imperator but maybe NV is better?
    In my experience in order for NV to be useful you need to actively use it and concentrate your single target healing casts for those periods it is up. It definetly works best lined up with Incarnation.
    I have tried using HotW at Mar'gok, dps-ed at pull and then used it for healing the end of the 2nd transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    I have tried using HotW at Mar'gok, dps-ed at pull and then used it for healing the end of the 2nd transmission.
    I really like HOTW as well. Use at pull and DPS hard, then it's up again somewhere during p3 and you can use it with tree of life or tranq for huge heals.
    DoC isnt good because you wont probably be casting any Wrath after the 1st transition, and NV is still good of course.

I don't see why people like NV, it looks like shit to me and only ever decent when there is massive movement and all you're doing it rejuv spam.
    and even when you rejuv spam it heals so little. Making it expensive to use in the process.
    Last edited by Zetlizard; 2014-12-18 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetlizard View Post
    I don't see why people like NV, it looks like shit to me and only ever decent when there is massive movement and all you're doing it rejuv spam.
    and even when you rejuv spam it heals so little. Making it expensive to use in the process.
    People like because:
    #1 33% uptime if used on CD. Short CD means its often up when u need it if not using it on CD. Helps fill in the gaps between Tranq/ToL (if talented)

#2 Works with every heal except WG, Shroom and Tranq (its not just rejuv as you implied, its also your LB, RG, HT, and Swiftmend casts - in other words most of what you are casting)

#3 Ease of use. It really doesn't require much to get a decent level of healing out of it (yes you can "work it" to maximize it, like Rejuv spam and using it with tree of life) - but you don't have to do that if you don't want to and still get a reasonable amount of healing.

#3a Free damage without interrupting your healing.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-12-18 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    People like because:
    #1 33% uptime if used on CD. Short CD means its often up when u need it if not using it on CD. Helps fill in the gaps between Tranq/ToL (if talented)

#2 Works with every heal except WG, Shroom and Tranq (its not just rejuv as you implied, its also your LB, RG, HT, and Swiftmend casts - in other words most of what you are casting)

#3 Ease of use. It really doesn't require much to get a decent level of healing out of it (yes you can "work it" to maximize it, like Rejuv spam and using it with tree of life) - but you don't have to do that if you don't want to and still get a reasonable amount of healing.

#3a Free damage without interrupting your healing.
    That all sounds nice but it look at logs, it pulls out peanut sized heals even if used to the max.
    Shit I can even see ironbark perk increase your healing more than NV.

Only fight it works decently is Brackenspore I think.

it's a fight to fight thing, but DoC is meh and HotW is only really good if you actually know what you're getting into and it's a new tier

still does a decent amount of healing and ignore-able amount of damage as well without changing anything outside of pressing it when you know at least moderate damage is coming, so 5% of my healing for not really doing much over the whole instance isn't too bad

if you know when you want to use HotW in each fight though, then it's entirely up to you, and you'll likely get better results of the controlled burst heals and dps, but this

it does about 3.5-5% of healing done for me on most fights (with the exception of twins, where it syncs really well with boss cd's) and I think I could be using it better

still definitely a decent tier in that there's no definite choice (outside of at least not DoC), but NV is easiest to use by far

looking at your logs for twins though idk, I'd say just pop it on quakes, even if real cd's re going to come in, just think of it as a small personal gain like engi gloves, it seemed like you were avoiding it on the major events when you know a raid cd was coming, just pop it when the damage is coming especially if its over a fairly long period

either that or use HotW on the really big scary combos when abilities get too close together, that'd probably help more with progress and less with meters anyways

That all sounds nice but it look at logs, it pulls out peanut sized heals even if used to the max.
    Shit I can even see ironbark perk increase your healing more than NV.

Only fight it works decently is Brackenspore I think.
    I was doing Twins heroic the other day with 4 healers - myself (resto druid), a disc, a resto shaman, and another druid. My tranq was to be used on the third quake/fire phase (people in this guild are derpy at avoiding fire). The other druid got to use his tranquility twice.

My nature's vigil, used on every quake/fire phase, out healed BOTH of his tranquilities combined. I did not have that much more gear than him, and he had aspect of the fox AND amp magic with both of his tranquilities, while mine was just with ToL and finding a good spot to dodge fire.

tl;dr NV is strong if you know when/how to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I was doing Twins heroic the other day with 4 healers - myself (resto druid), a disc, a resto shaman, and another druid. My tranq was to be used on the third quake/fire phase (people in this guild are derpy at avoiding fire). The other druid got to use his tranquility twice.

My nature's vigil, used on every quake/fire phase, out healed BOTH of his tranquilities combined. I did not have that much more gear than him, and he had aspect of the fox AND amp magic with both of his tranquilities, while mine was just with ToL and finding a good spot to dodge fire.

tl;dr NV is strong if you know when/how to use it.
    Link logs.
    That is either impossible or he had the worst tranqs ever known to man.
    Last edited by Zetlizard; 2014-12-18 at 10:56 PM.

Link logs.
    Maybe he didn't have his mastery up for EITHER of them? Surely not... He may have not been able to get the full casts off because he had to move away from something?

On topic: I prefer NV over HotW simply because the CD is so short. Twins you can use it every Quake, Brackenspore you can use it when it's not your turn to raid CD. It's basically a one button Do-More with a very short CD opposed to HotW which is certainly wonderful in SOME situations. But the cooldown on that ability is ridonkulous. If you know exactly when you'll need it (hopefully only once MAYBE twice per fight) or if your group absolutely needs it to make a dps check then I can see using it, but overall NV just feels better.
    Last edited by Brilynn; 2014-12-18 at 11:52 PM.

Never mind :-P
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-12-18 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    which conquest legs should i take? crit haste or mastery multistrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Maybe he didn't have his mastery up for EITHER of them? Surely not... He may have not been able to get the full casts off because he had to move away from something?
    Well then that was not a fair comparison to begin with.

Link logs.
    I didn't log it. He was a bad resto druid who didn't want to ever use his NV. He couldn't have been interrupted while casting since he was the one calling for fox. He probably just timed them very poorly - like casting it right as the fire started to spread and not after people had the dot. It might not be a fair comparison in that regard but I just wanted to point out that NV can be very strong. It did 700kish healing and we didn't even kill the boss. We went through four quake phases so I used it four times. Our dps was very low which is why we couldn't kill it but still. 700k isn't something to sneeze at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Regarding Nature's Vigil, I'm having difficulties making the numbers add up. I know that the range of the of the NV heal is 40 yard from the initial target, and that overhealing triggers the 30% bonus heal (this is easy to confirm by testing).

However, look at this log excerpt. NV is up the entire time, everything is single-target healing except Wild Growth (18%) and Mushroom (14%) yet NV only heals for 10% - less than 30% of raw Rejuvenation healing. What's going on here? Similar phenomenon, Brackenspore Mythic.

Edit:
    Have done some simple experiments:
    I can't get NV to amplify Ysera's Gift, the Lifebloom bloom nor any of the treant heals.
    I'm getting response from NV from Rejuvenation, Germination, Genesis, the Lifebloom HoT, Regrowth direct and HoT, Living Seed, Cenarion Ward and Swiftmend.
    In Balance spec NV only gives a bonus heal, from damage (40%) and healing (20%).
    With NV In Restoration spec there's bonus healing from heals (20%) and damage (40%), but also bonus damage from heals (20%). Basically the tooltip for NV is not correct. I don't know whether it's intended or a tooltip bug.

NV giving 20% instead of 30% bonus to healing does still not explain the low NV figures in the logs.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-12-19 at 03:10 AM.