... LastLast
    Deleted
    mark should be better overall

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    mark should be better overall
    Really? I would say Elementalists.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Elementalist's the clear winner there now since the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark IMO is better throughput than elementilst. With a small spirit tradeoff.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, you're only losing out on about 200 spirit. And you gain that much in haste + another 180 vers.

The multistrike proc is garbage for healing and you honestly won't cry over 200 spirit unless you're not using any other spirit pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    Mark IMO is better throughput than elementilst. With a small spirit tradeoff.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, you're only losing out on about 200 spirit. And you gain that much in haste + another 180 vers.

The multistrike proc is garbage for healing and you honestly won't cry over 200 spirit unless you're not using any other spirit pieces.
    i really miss that spirit in furnace and blackhand as a resto druid, for the rest of the bosses mark ye

Tomorrow I'm going to start raiding on Mythic and I haven't played in a month, any change that I need to know about? Some tips for the bosses would be great, too .

Also, regarding the tier set, I have been researching and some druids decide to use the 4st while others prefer the 2st, can anyone explain me why?
    Last edited by Quitz; 2015-04-12 at 05:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds231 View Post
    Hey guys, I got a new trinket today and i'm left here wondering what trinks should I be using for H/M BRF prog?

Mark of Rapid Replication (691 Mythic WF)
    or
    Elementalist's Shielding Talisman (700 Mythic)

paired up with my Ironspike of course
    I would use Mark, unless spirit is so critical that the secondary has absolutely zero effect on your decision.

BTW; progression is not balanced around those spirit numbers, not even their pre-33%-buff numbers. You are not supposed to have M Elementalist, nor M Autoclave for H/M progression. Just something to keep in mind.

Another trinket question coming right up:
    With DoC skilled, rather
    Trinket 1:Ironspike Chew Toy
    Trinket 2: Darmacs Unstable Talisman or Blackiron Micro Crucible? I am also thinking about buying a candle but that feels as if it would be a waste somehow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluminat View Post
    Another trinket question coming right up:
    With DoC skilled, rather
    Trinket 1:Ironspike Chew Toy
    Trinket 2: Darmacs Unstable Talisman or Blackiron Micro Crucible? I am also thinking about buying a candle but that feels as if it would be a waste somehow
    if you are doing progression use 1 regen trinket (chew toy) for farm just put 2 dps trinkets, anyway darmacs is better than blackiron, not as much int but the proc is way better.. at this point i think candle is kinda waste.. but if you are rich go for it still better then the heroic trinkts

Depending on which guide I look at, the stat priorities for resto druids are different. Specifically I've seen guides that say to gem and enchant haste and other guides that say mastery is better. I kinda feel like if you go haste then you're favoring smaller heals that heal faster where the mastery build favors larger but slower heals. Is it because they offset each other that I see the difference from guide to guide?

Is it maybe based on talent choices? I'm a little confused about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimite View Post
    Depending on which guide I look at, the stat priorities for resto druids are different. Specifically I've seen guides that say to gem and enchant haste and other guides that say mastery is better. I kinda feel like if you go haste then you're favoring smaller heals that heal faster where the mastery build favors larger but slower heals. Is it because they offset each other that I see the difference from guide to guide?

Is it maybe based on talent choices? I'm a little confused about it.
    It's more mastery affects tranq and haste doesn't, so it makes sims quite misleading. Tranq is usually always strong enough, and often overheals or you might have to cancel mid way through. Haste is a much more consistant stat, and it also gives you the option to use dream of cenarius and heart of the wild. Also if your raid is behind on heals, haste absolutely dominates mastery in these situations.

Deleted
    Here are my calculations on the Haste vs Mastery matter. A lot of times I hear 1p of haste = 1p of mastery in healing which is incorrect and shows that people are speaking theoretically without logging their character and testing things themselves.

Rejuvanation
    17% mastery = 1175 additional heal
    17% haste = 685 additional heal (with mastery buff on)

Life bloom
    7% mastery = 1076 bonus heal
    7% haste = 464 bonus heal (with mastery buff on)

Wild Growth
    14.5% mastery = 911 bonus heal
    14.5% haste = 745 bonus heal (with mastery buff on)

Wild Mushroom
    7% mastery = 1649 bonus heal
    7% haste = 711 bonus healing (with mastery buff on)

Speaking about raids:

- Mastery increases direct healing + Tranq healing which usually ranks between 1-4 position of your healing spells depending on the encounter and raid cooldowns ofc.

- Haste most powerful benefit is the faster ticking of your HoTs because the faster they tick the faster they heal, the less chance for overhealing.

Knowing that make your best choice depending on your talents as well and your playstyle.

Elizine, you are comparing 1% haste versus 1% mastery. But you are neglecting that it only takes 81.63 rating for 1% haste, while mastery takes 88 rating for 1%.

When people say haste=mastery, they mean in terms of rating, not percentages. Mastery is slightly stronger, but it takes more rating to get the same percent, hence they are pretty close in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizine View Post
    Here are my calculations on the Haste vs Mastery matter. A lot of times I hear 1p of haste = 1p of mastery in healing which is incorrect and shows that people are speaking theoretically without logging their character and testing things themselves.

Rejuvanation
    17% mastery = 1175 additional heal
    17% haste = 685 additional heal (with mastery buff on)

Life bloom
    7% mastery = 1076 bonus heal
    7% haste = 464 bonus heal (with mastery buff on)

Wild Growth
    14.5% mastery = 911 bonus heal
    14.5% haste = 745 bonus heal (with mastery buff on)

Wild Mushroom
    7% mastery = 1649 bonus heal
    7% haste = 711 bonus healing (with mastery buff on)

Speaking about raids:

- Mastery increases direct healing + Tranq healing which usually ranks between 1-4 position of your healing spells depending on the encounter and raid cooldowns ofc.

- Haste most powerful benefit is the faster ticking of your HoTs because the faster they tick the faster they heal, the less chance for overhealing.

Knowing that make your best choice depending on your talents as well and your playstyle.
    Well you just followed the tooltips.. which are wrong... tested the numbers instead and it showed that 100 haste increased it by around 10 more than what 100 mastery did. 20~% haste and 32~% mastery. tooltips showed a huge difference in mastery vs haste btw. (100 haste/mastery increased healing from rejuv by 600 ish out of 55k.)
    tooltips seemed to not care about the extra tick at the end which was 1141 for mastery and 1700 ish for haste.

though this was more of a debate back when we were super restricted by mana, now with either double spirit trinkets or one strong spirit trinket and one throughput trinket haste outshines mastery, because haste increases your HPC roughly the same as mastery for every spell except for regrowth and HT, but also increases the amount of casts you can get out in the same time frame, then you could argue that with MoC you get more free regrowths with more haste, and more casts off in the same time frame, meaning haste outshines mastery on that point too.

and in the end tranq, which was a huge reason for going mastery back in highmaul, is mostly overhealing and will do pretty much the same amount of healing wheter or not it heals for 10% more or not, if it only means I will do 55% overhealing instead of 50%.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-04-17 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Elizine, you are comparing 1% haste versus 1% mastery. But you are neglecting that it only takes 81.63 rating for 1% haste, while mastery takes 88 rating for 1%.

When people say haste=mastery, they mean in terms of rating, not percentages. Mastery is slightly stronger, but it takes more rating to get the same percent, hence they are pretty close in value.
    Wrong m8! The person who created this thread wrote it at the very beginning plus I can confirm it with my calculations:

88 Mastery gives 1% Mastery

91~ Haste gives 1% Haste

Also I tested it with numbers, not by reading the tooltips but by using my own character and testing each single spell - I was basically healing myself and looking at the what happened to me tab ingame - then stacking different amounts of haste/mastery by changing gear and comparing the healing output of each spell.
    Last edited by mmocf86702f90c; 2015-04-17 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong m8! The person who created this thread wrote it at the very beginning plus I can confirm it with my calculations:

88 Mastery gives 1% Mastery

91~ Haste gives 1% Haste

Also I tested it with numbers, not by reading the tooltips but by using my own character and testing each single spell
    No. You're wrong. There was a Hotfix which gave us 100 haste = 1% (it think it was 100, maybe 90 I can't remember, point is it was changed)

This guide has not been updated since wod came out. It still says wild growth has haste breakpoints when that was fixed as well.

As mentioned above, its now 90 haste rating = 1% haste by default for all classes - then you have to take into account the raid haste buff of 5% and our 5% extra haste from gear passive.

90/1.05/1.05 = 81.63 rating to gain 1% haste.

Here are my calculations on the Haste vs Mastery matter.
    Sorry but this is completely wrong. There's much more to theorycrafting than logging in looking at some random numbers...

The reason why haste gives more throughput than mastery is not that you need less rating per 1%. Haste was better when it still was at 100 baseline. The reason is the high baseline mastery and the additive mastery buff, which both devalue mastery from gear (sometimes called "diminishing returns"). The haste buff, in contrast, is multiplicative with haste from gear (as well as our haste specialization), so you get the full value.

Edit: If you are interested in how to do this theorycrafting stuff correctly, I advise you to read Hamlet's findings at http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...te-vs-mastery/
    Last edited by Thalur; 2015-04-18 at 12:18 PM.

Basically the "theorycraft" can be summed up as the following:

For most realistic gear sets, haste will always give more throughput than mastery assuming spam. On HoTs, it does both - it gives more throughput *per mana* than mastery, and then, on top of that, more burst throughput. So burst throughput (ignoring mana) on HoTs scales with Haste squared and vastly outscales mastery at practically any achievable gear level.

However, mastery gives more throughput to tranquility (which is the only important part), as well as more throughput per mana (but not burst throughput) to direct healing abilities - but this is unimportant, as direct healing abilities are not a large part of total healing done and generally are used for burst healing (and not sustained healing) due to their nature. If you need to spam Regrowth on a tank/player, you don't care about its mana consumption, only about its throughput at that moment.

Of course, ALL stats have diminishing returns. i.e. once you get "enough" haste, in theory, all stats even versatility will eventually become better. However, given lack of reforging, lack of control of stats, and random gear (to which you usually prefer socket > warforged > same item level, better stats always) since our stats are close enough, and int far ahead enough, that MORE stats generally always beats better distributed stats.

Then for gems/enchants, if you care about throughput overall, and burst healing, take haste. If you rely solely on your Tranq, take mastery. For most realistic situations I think haste (personally) is better.

Hi everyone! Currently using 'Mythic Inferno-Flame Staff' from Gruul. However I also have the 'Mythic Dagger of Blazing Radiance' from Flamebender. Is the staff BiS regardless? Or would I be better off with the Dagger + Off-hand from BRF?