Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wowhead compare tool shows me a difference of 284 mastery vs 37 int, 80spd, 308 crit, 24 haste. It would have been an upgrade even if 2h Mace only had versatility. Just always go with higher ilvl on weapons, the weights of int and spellpower are too big.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    For now I'd use the crafted helmet with the socketed gloves, both because of the socket and the +5 ilvl on helmet. Ultimately you'll want to go for the Archimonde gloves which are haste/mastery and thus our ideal offset piece. It will also save you some gold crafting new gloves.
    That's what I had planned to do. Thanks for the help

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that we get a kick-ass tree form for our legendary artifact crap. Pls Blizzard.
    <Entropy>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaful View Post
    I really hope that we get a kick-ass tree form for our legendary artifact crap. Pls Blizzard.
    I have a very strong feeling we won't - the only reason they gave cool forms to Feral/Guardian is because their weapons aren't viewable as cat/bear, so I think Resto/Balance will just stick with the weapon and no more. But... we can dream. )':

Looking to get some opinions on talent choices for Hellfire Citadel. I'm having a tough time fighting the uphill battle against absorbs and honestly end up feeling kinda useless a lot of the time. I usually stick with Incarnation, but l'm wondering which of the level 90 talents people think is best suited to most encounters in HFC? Do you find yourselves switching back and forth for each fight? I know it's a play style choice in many cases, but it seems like most people give conflicting answers. Oh, I should mention I'm not talking Mythic at the moment, looking for advice regarding Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellagreymane View Post
    Looking to get some opinions on talent choices for Hellfire Citadel. I'm having a tough time fighting the uphill battle against absorbs and honestly end up feeling kinda useless a lot of the time. I usually stick with Incarnation, but l'm wondering which of the level 90 talents people think is best suited to most encounters in HFC? Do you find yourselves switching back and forth for each fight? I know it's a play style choice in many cases, but it seems like most people give conflicting answers. Oh, I should mention I'm not talking Mythic at the moment, looking for advice regarding Heroic.
    I switch between NV/HOTW depending on the fight. On longer fights, I choose HOTW, and I can usually get two uses of it. So, like, Mannoroth and Archimonde are great examples of this. If you use HOTW at the beginning, there might not be a lot to heal but you can spam Wrath a bit and help out with damage, and then by the end of the fight - where damage gets really intense - it'll be back up for you to use it then.

HOTW could also be picked on shorter fights with one specific point of intense raid damage. For anything that doesn't fit that description, I just use NV. My guild is at a point where we just burn through most bosses so fast that I use NV as default, and pop it either on CD or time it with ToL (and sometimes ring) for periods of damage. I still use HOTW on Archimonde and sometimes Mannoroth, because those last phases are pretty chaotic no matter what - I just can't afford to use it twice anymore, because we kill the boss so quick that it's never off CD when it's needed.

Mythic is a different matter, because fight length becomes a genuine factor again, but... yeah.

Deleted
    How often should I be using Genesis? It seems like a waste most of the time, its huge mana cost and not really adding any healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    It seems like a waste most of the time
    You answered your own question.
    Pve wise it has limited applications: small/moderate # of targets who need a lot of healing now and cant wait for the full duration of rejuv. Can be useful on some fights when players are debuffed and you know some raidwide damage is incoming shortly. But yeah..its pretty niche and not useful most of the time.

genesis is bad, the only time to use it is if it'll save a life in raiding or if you need to heal a npc while moving, it has some niche uses in CMs (that boss in skyreach with the lasers) and in pvp

so for instance, all I've used it for since it was introduced in raiding on a regular basis were immerseus blobs and occasionally if I have to run across the univers to the next spirit in gorefiend's stomach, like feel free to touch if you need it to save a life, but all it was added to our kit for in SoO is exactly that, a high mana cost life saving tool that doesn't do any healing on its own, so only use it if you need to save a life while moving in like 5mans or something really

there was also a talent in WoD beta, a talent also made genesis add second an extra second of sped up ticks to each genesis'd rejuv which was actually kind of cool to play with, but got turned into germination (so you had a playstyle of throwing out rejuvs then genesis'ing before any fell off), we might see that return in leg, but I highly doubt it

edit: also it was really op in mop because it made every friendly player and mob in 100 yards flash green so with a couple druids on a high pop server you could make the game unplayable for everyone in shirne
    Last edited by ryklin; 2015-08-13 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also found good use of Genesis for healing the adds inside the belly on Mythic Gorefiend. On HC and NM, it's not needed, but definitely for Mythic, especially if the healer I get sent in with isn't a strong single-target healing class either.

Deleted
    hi anyone can help me in this thread im lost with my log with my resto

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hic-boss-resto

What would be the most mana efficient way to heal the NPCs on Gorefiend? Assuming you start healing as soon as they spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    What would be the most mana efficient way to heal the NPCs on Gorefiend? Assuming you start healing as soon as they spawn.
    DoC spamming the other minions, jokes aside though lifebloom -> rejuv + germination + regrowth procs.

LB + 2 Rejuv onto 2 adds, then Germ. Don't waste Germ on only one add.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    LB + 2 Rejuv onto 2 adds, then Germ. Don't waste Germ on only one add.
    Think you mean Genesis not Germ to clear confusion. Also in regards to mana efficiency, if you aren't getting OOC procs after you've applied your lifeblooms and rejuvenations. Genesis is not generally very mana efficient in itself and after all we do not need to actually top the mobs off. Lest we forget the fact Healing Touch has 20% increased crit chance on lifebloom targets and is incredibly mana efficient. Something to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    Think you mean Genesis not Germ to clear confusion. Also in regards to mana efficiency, if you aren't getting OOC procs after you've applied your lifeblooms and rejuvenations. Genesis is not generally very mana efficient in itself and after all we do not need to actually top the mobs off. Lest we forget the fact Healing Touch has 20% increased crit chance on lifebloom targets and is incredibly mana efficient. Something to think about.
    Yeah, but if you're talking Mythic Gorefiend, you don't really have time to cast Healing Touch. Genesis is absolutely necessary there, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    Think you mean Genesis not Germ to clear confusion.
    Oops, yes I did. I always get those two mixed up for some reason. Herp derp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    Yeah, but if you're talking Mythic Gorefiend, you don't really have time to cast Healing Touch. Genesis is absolutely necessary there, tbh.
    Idk that it's always necessary, I guess it depends on how good your co-healer is. I've had instances when I go down and feel that I have to use Genesis, and then I've had instances (hi there holy paladin) where I feel comfortable just tossing hots, OoC procs, SM, and NS Regrowths out while I'm down there. Guess it depends, but either way no, you definitely do NOT have time for healing touch.

Luna what is this new avatar you have lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Idk that it's always necessary, I guess it depends on how good your co-healer is. I've had instances when I go down and feel that I have to use Genesis, and then I've had instances (hi there holy paladin) where I feel comfortable just tossing hots, OoC procs, SM, and NS Regrowths out while I'm down there. Guess it depends, but either way no, you definitely do NOT have time for healing touch.

Luna what is this new avatar you have lmao
    Oh, that's true. Yeah, if you have a strong single-target healer in there with you, it probably won't be needed as much, if at all. My guild has, so far, only killed Gorefiend Mythic with a healing set-up involving two resto druids and if we're unlucky, we both get sent in... Genesis is quite useful there, I've found.

Also, it's an opossum, and it's very cute. Look at it's little ears, and the NOSE! ahhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to try to update this thread tomorrow.

Will be without internet, electricity, water and a functionable toilet for the next 3 weeks. Hurr. Vacation in the mountains <3
    Hi

I don't use swift-mend like ever. How stupid am I?