Deleted

New build imminent

Hi folks!

This time it is for real - I need to buy a new PC. Saturday my old PC died on me. The motherboard causes some serious issues, not recognizing GPUs in the PCIe slots and mounting/dismounting hard drives every 30 seconds ...

Couple of weeks ago I already posted about my plan for buying a new PC early 2015 ... The recent events have accelerated my plans.
    Here's the old post if you're interested: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ear?p=29832831

To answer some questions you might have:

Budget: roughly 1500 € +/- 200 ...
    Country: Austria - will be comparing prizes with www.geizhals.at
    Resolution: 1080p (ASUS VS248H monitor)
    Settings Desired: Max max max max max ! ^^
    Parts that can be reused: CPU cooler (Noctua NH-D14) and DVD Drive
    Do you need an OS? Nope, using Win8
    Do you need peripherals? Nope
    Fanboyism? I prefer Nvidia and Intel - just the way I roll ^^

Currently playing:
    - World of Warcraft
    - Diablo 3

Will be playing soonish:
    - The Witcher 3
    - Kingdom Come: Deliverence
    - Dragon Age: Inquisition
    - Batman: Arkham Knight
    - Assassin's Creed: Unity

Other things I will be doing with the new PC:
    - OC
    - Some video-editing (have been planning to do some recording for the WoW Guild and stuff)
    - I'm a notorious multitasker, constantly having open multiple browser windows, music player, download managers, games and and and ^^

The Rig - this is what I came up with so far: Total price ~1500 €

Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 schwarz, schallgedämmt (BG002) ~120€
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W ATX 2.3 (220-G2-0850-XR) ~120€
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, 4x 4.00GHz, boxed (BX80646I74790K) ~310€
    MoBo: ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer (90MB0KZ0-M0EAY0) ~140€
    RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY schwarz DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR3-1600, CL10 (HX316C10FBK2/16) ~145€
    GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5, GeForce GTX 970, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (90YV07F0-M0NA00) ~400€
    SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB, SATA 6Gb/s (CT512MX100SSD1) ~180€
    HDD: Western Digital WD Green 3TB, SATA 6Gb/s (WD30EZRX) ~100€

Full rig: http://geizhals.at/eu/?cat=WL-423384 Will be updated as the matter is being discussed so don't worry about additional items showing up.
    (Don't mind the Vibe Fixer - that thing works like a charm, also allows me to put the HDD in the 5.25 bay. The Hyper 212 EVO is for my GF, it is in the list so that i don't forget to order it )

This rig has been updated for couple of weeks now and I constantly change and swap parts, but now I need to finalize it.
    Is there anything I'm missing? Any incompatible parts? Whatever you feel is wrong with the rig, please point it out to me

Looking forward to you opinions
    best wishes
    TheCrusader
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2014-11-25 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    - Why did you add the evo cooler when you got the D14?
    - Get a 7200rpm wd hdd, green is sloooooow
    - Get a better while cheaper power supply. 850 is too much unless you want 4 970s....
    Cheapest good psu, then modular cheap psu
    - The price you mention are actually more than displayed or they are simply outdated.

- The case seems good, i've seen it before but have no personal experience with it. When you purchase it would like some feed back on it. If it had a small window on it, would be perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    - Why did you add the evo cooler when you got the D14?
    - Get a 7200rpm wd hdd, green is sloooooow
    - Get a better while cheaper power supply. 850 is too much unless you want 4 970s....
    Cheapest good psu, then modular cheap psu
    - The price you mention are actually more than displayed or they are simply outdated.

- The case seems good, i've seen it before but have no personal experience with it. When you purchase it would like some feed back on it. If it had a small window on it, would be perfect.
    Hi!

As I've mentioned: the Evo is for my GF ... its on the list because otherwise I would forget to order it ^^

Green might be slow, but it won't be used for gaming - that's were the 500gb Crucial comes in.
    The Green should do fine for watching movies and listening to music, shouldn't it ?

I will look into the PSU again. Are you confident, that the PSUs you've listed are sufficient considering that i will be OCing ? Also i want to add another 970 maybe in a year or so. Also I'll only buy a modular / full modular PSU, don't need any cable clutter ^^

For the case, LinusTechTips recently did a review on the Silent Base 800. Atm it doesn't seem to be in stock but i expect to get it within 2-3 weeks. Review by HardwareCanucks (can't find the Linus video atm...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXxgxrEQoyM

Prices are sometimes outdated in Geizhals OR someone is "abusing" the system. Like in the case of the Strix 970 ... There are couple of shops that list the card for 350€ but don't have it in stock. those that do have the card list them for 400 ... but Geizhals will always show you the "cheapest".
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2014-11-25 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    I will look into the PSU again. Are you confident, that the PSUs you've listed are sufficient considering that i will be OCing ? Also i want to add another 970 maybe in a year or so. Also I'll only buy a modular / full modular PSU, don't need any cable clutter ^^
    550 should be fine for SLI 970s. The bigger issue will probably be the amount of PCIe cables. Altho, if you stay with the asus one that only has one power connector so you are safe in that regard.
    If you want to be a bit more on the safe side, you can get a 650 model. You def don't need more than that for SLI 970s.

Deleted
    just wanted to let you know that i've now ordered my build!

This is what i ended up with:

HDD: Western Digital WD Black 512e, 3TB
    SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
    RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY black DIMM Kit 16GB DDR3-1600
    GPU: ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Mobo: ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer
    Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 black
    PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 750M

The GPU is currently out of stock absolutely EVERYWHERE ! but i hope that i'll get one soon somehow ^^ i ordered the GPU from 3 different stores - time to guess which one will deliver first