Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzoetry View Post
    Hey guys!

We started with mythic this week and since we allready have 2 hpalas and 1 disc i had to go holy. My HPS litterly dropped 10k even tho i am better geared now. So i have some questions for ya pro holy priests out there!

1) where do you lay on the meters? As disc i was topping that shit but now im struggling at 5th(on twins where alot of raidhealing is required).

2) how do i keep EoL as my "top heal" (and should it be)?
    I have read som loggs/threads where ppl say EoL should always be on top.

3) my "rotation" is mostly renew×5 > CoH. I have seen some ppl go BH×2> PoH but i found myself go oom to fast doing that.

4) i feel like im missing some big part of the whole playstyle. I dont have any loggs but my top heals(from recount) are :renew, CoH, lightwell, EoL for almost every fight.
    I am usually ending up slightly behind Resto Druids and slightly ahead of or slightly behind Disc priests depending on the fight. EoL should never be your top heal; if it is, you're not using Renew enough :P Make sure you are spending the vast majority of your time in Sanctuary chakra, keeping CoH on CD and spamming Renew for all you're worth. Lightwell actually makes up a huge portion of my healing and I have been glyphing deep wells. Try to also keep PoM on CD, it's actually a really efficient spell with super low overhealing. BHx2>PoH is basically your max HPS rotation, but as you said it's a mana dump. There haven't been any fights this tier where you wouldn't be better served to stick to the CoH rotation, imo.

One other thing to keep in mind with your comp - you have a lot of absorbs going out with 2 H palas and a disc. Your renews are probably going to be doing a lot of overhealing, which is going to make you look worse on the meters. In practice, they'll be glad to have you around the second they have to do any sort of raid healing though
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2014-12-15 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    What are you thinking about level 75 talents? What's your go-to choice?

I'm currently running Twist of Fate but on some heroic fights uptime seems a bit low. Average uptime is ~30% with some fights dropping below 20%.
    Log from last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WdADTc8rFHaCKL6G

Going Divine Insight probably isn't that useful because I'm rarely using Heal or Prayer of Healing. Should I give PI a try?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiyasa View Post
    What are you thinking about level 75 talents? What's your go-to choice?

I'm currently running Twist of Fate but on some heroic fights uptime seems a bit low. Average uptime is ~30% with some fights dropping below 20%.
    Log from last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WdADTc8rFHaCKL6G

Going Divine Insight probably isn't that useful because I'm rarely using Heal or Prayer of Healing. Should I give PI a try?
    I've been running ToF - the uptime on it is pretty good for progression, and unlike disc it benefits all of our spells. Holy doesn't have the same mana issues that disc sometimes does, so in my opinion it benefits less from PI. You could still use it to get more CoHs out, but I think ToF will pull ahead on most fights. DI will be an interesting choice when we get the tier set bonus - more serendipity > more PoHs > more DI procs > more serendipity. Right now it's outdone by the other two.

ToF have been excellent for me, DI will probably be good after we reach our tier and PI is not really strong to be honest. Yes, it allows you to cast more renews in a shorter span of time, which will translate to higher CoH uptime but ToF proc beats the shit out of that (considering it doesn't even has internal CD, it WILL proc on most fights and will happen when your whole group is taking damage).

Yeah, I've been running ToF mostly because I forget to use PI anyways. That and I finally got the Caustic Healing trinket, which is roughly the same amount of Haste on the same CD.

As holy we are stacking multistrike so echo will never be top unless you stack mastery our other holy priest does and his echo is top, but i use coh on cd renew pom on cd and cascade, but i am trying halo for last boss on hc and we just started mythic we usually run 2 resto shamans who top every fight almost disc priest and 2 holy and a resto druid and holy paladin, i know this seems alot of healers.

But we dropped to 6 at one point, and i am usually above our resto druid and slightlu behind disc but i am only 640 ilvl not been lucky with personal loot, it varys with hps i do between 17k to 25k try use pom more once we get 2 set pom with be very good.

Just got an Everburning Candle from salvage crate; should I use it over any of my current trinkets?

Currently:

-630 Crystalline Blood Drop (159 spirit, 159 multistrike, 35 multistrike socket)
    -655 Emblem of Caustic Healing (301 spirit, 1,337 haste on-use)

Or should I just sell it now while it's still worth tons of gold? There's only one other on the AH, and it's at 110,000 gold.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-12-17 at 06:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Just got an Everburning Candle from salvage crate; should I use it over any of my current trinkets?

Currently:

-630 Crystalline Blood Drop (159 spirit, 159 multistrike, 35 multistrike socket)
    -655 Emblem of Caustic Healing (301 spirit, 1,337 haste on-use)

Or should I just sell it now while it's still worth tons of gold? There's only one other on the AH, and it's at 110,000 gold.
    As far as I know, the mana returns are still overbudget even after the nerf. Might consider replacing the Crystalline with it.

The mana return for Candle isn't disproportionally large anymore. It's the equivalent to 211.4 spirit now. That's actually less than the trinkets you see in H-HM(346 spirit), the thing that makes the trinket overbudget is the 334 intellect, which is more than most trinkets in the game including BRF.

Yeah, it gives more int than any other trinket in the game, even M BRF stuff, so yeah, I guess I'll use it. Not really dying for gold anyway...sitting on tens of thousands with nothing really to spend it on except bags.

Strange, it seems to be restoring about 10k mana to me. Is this intended?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-12-17 at 10:10 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strange, it seems to be restoring about 10k mana to me. Is this intended?
    Yes, it's fine. It used to be 5k, got buffed to 20k and then dialed back to 10k. And it's still a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Yes, it's fine. It used to be 5k, got buffed to 20k and then dialed back to 10k. And it's still a lot.
    Yeah, was just a bit confused because the tooltip says 5229, but it's actually restoring 200% of that amount, 10,458. It's like a mini mana pot every 2 minutes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    DI will be an interesting choice when we get the tier set bonus - more serendipity > more PoHs > more DI procs > more serendipity. Right now it's outdone by the other two.
    That's what I also thought. I guess until we get our tier I'll stick with ToF.

Deleted
    Hello guys, I would like to ask you some advice to improve my output with the new Holy playstyle. I thought to be good at Holy... Till yesterday, when a new priest joined our guild and completely deleted me XD We have almost same item level, but he could heal way more than me. So I started thinking I am doing something wrong... I will appreciate if anybody could tell me if I do something incorrect [I do not have logs atm, so I will only ask you to look at what I do not strictly in terms of numbers]:

- Chakra: Sanctuary;

- Glyphs: I use Renew/Prayer of Mending/Circle of Healing.

- Talents (just output ones): Power Infusion (since we got a Disc priest, it's difficult to see procs from ToF)/Cascade/Words of Mending;

- "Rotation": Renew x 4-5 (more or less), CoH on cd, PoM on cd, PW:Solace on cd for mana return, Lightwell always up.

I got some questions especially about Renew blanketing:
    - Normally I keep it up on tanks and target taking damage from debuffs (ie Arcane Wrath from last boss of Highmaul), but when and on which other targets shall I cast it? I need to cover almost the whole raid always (so also when damage is not occuring, so that players are covered by the spell in case they are damaged later)?
    - I use CoH on cd, more precisely only if at least 3 targets are hit by the spell, is that correct?

Here is the link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...a/Virgo/simple
    Here to his: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...Scillah/simple

Can the differences we have on stats explain the huge gap?

Thanks a lot to all who will help me =)
    Last edited by mmocad1d881d35; 2014-12-19 at 06:28 PM.

I am always in sanctuary.

On pull I bubble the tank pulling, PoM, Renew then Renew blanket any damage i know is coming.. Pre Renew.

I uuse [POWER INFUSION], [Surge of Light] and [Divine Star]. The fact Divine star is instant, cheap and there are rarely any times you are spread out on ANY fight... Also... Divine star has a chance to proc SOL on any heal it does.. I get 2 Surge of light procs almost every Divine star. Since im in sanctuary all my renews lower my COH cooldown so im COH on cooldown.. I almost always have a Surge of light proc and or 2 stacks of serendipity.

Im currently 6/7 Heroic.. 7/7 normal.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inevent/simple

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post
    Hello guys, I would like to ask you some advice to improve my output with the new Holy playstyle. I thought to be good at Holy... Till yesterday, when a new priest joined our guild and completely deleted me XD We have almost same item level, but he could heal way more than me. So I started thinking I am doing something wrong... I will appreciate if anybody could tell me if I do something incorrect [I do not have logs atm, so I will only ask you to look at what I do not strictly in terms of numbers]:

- Chakra: Sanctuary;

- Glyphs: I use Renew/Prayer of Mending/Circle of Healing.

- Talents (just output ones): Power Infusion (since we got a Disc priest, it's difficult to see procs from ToF)/Cascade/Words of Mending;

- "Rotation": Renew x 4-5 (more or less), CoH on cd, PoM on cd, PW:Solace on cd for mana return, Lightwell always up.

I got some questions especially about Renew blanketing:
    - Normally I keep it up on tanks and target taking damage from debuffs (ie Arcane Wrath from last boss of Highmaul), but when and on which other targets shall I cast it? I need to cover almost the whole raid always (so also when damage is not occuring, so that players are covered by the spell in case they are damaged later)?
    - I use CoH on cd, more precisely only if at least 3 targets are hit by the spell, is that correct?

Here is the link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...a/Virgo/simple
    Here to his: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...Scillah/simple

Can the differences we have on stats explain the huge gap?

Thanks a lot to all who will help me =)
    Nobody can help you until you post some relevant logs so we can parse your spell rotation versus your rival.

Edit: Found your logs after some digging.

Scilla's total casts: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=24
    Your total casts: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=13

There's a giant discrepancy of 46 casts, which means you were simply casting less than your counterpart. If you completely ignore all the buff casts like on-use trinket and various utility spells(such as Power Infusion), that number actually increases.

ABC of healing: Always be casting.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-12-19 at 08:17 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    ABC of healing: Always be casting.
    unless there's nothing to heal :P

but yea it's mostly about using your GCDs effectively.

Real reason I comment; 7 healers for 25man? D:
    In this situation it's really just a race to do it first rather than any kind of healing strategy for raid survival. Who can snipe the heal first wins meters.

I've been experimenting a bit with Divine Star + Surge of Light; anyone know if it's good for raids? It seems to proc tons of Surge of Light, but I'm mainly concerned about the loss of regen from not having Solace.

Though I'm not exactly short on Spirit, having the Caustic Healing trinket, and an off-weapon with Shadowmoon enchant on it if necessary.

Deleted
    I've been experimenting a bit with Divine Star + Surge of Light; anyone know if it's good for raids? It seems to proc tons of Surge of Light, but I'm mainly concerned about the loss of regen from not having Solace.

Though I'm not exactly short on Spirit, having the Caustic Healing trinket, and an off-weapon with Shadowmoon enchant on it if necessary.
    it's really good but personally I don't like relying on RNG for mana regen, nor do I like losing the efficient healing from cascade.
    If your raid is stacked up though it's a really good healing method, with 2 stacks of serendipity your prayer of healing becomes super mana efficient and offers a lot of hps

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    it's really good but personally I don't like relying on RNG for mana regen
    It seemed to have a really good proc rate. Even in a 5 man, hitting 3-4 targets, I'd get at least 1 serendipity from every star.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    nor do I like losing the efficient healing from cascade
    Cascade is efficient? When I tried using it, I could never get it above 4% of my total healing done.