Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It seemed to have a really good proc rate. Even in a 5 man, hitting 3-4 targets, I'd get at least 1 serendipity from every star.

Cascade is efficient? When I tried using it, I could never get it above 4% of my total healing done.
    It's practically free. Extremely low mana cost. Given that it hits enough, it's the best heal.

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post
    Hello guys, I would like to ask you some advice to improve my output with the new Holy playstyle. I thought to be good at Holy... Till yesterday, when a new priest joined our guild and completely deleted me XD We have almost same item level, but he could heal way more than me. So I started thinking I am doing something wrong... I will appreciate if anybody could tell me if I do something incorrect [I do not have logs atm, so I will only ask you to look at what I do not strictly in terms of numbers]:

- Chakra: Sanctuary;

- Glyphs: I use Renew/Prayer of Mending/Circle of Healing.

- Talents (just output ones): Power Infusion (since we got a Disc priest, it's difficult to see procs from ToF)/Cascade/Words of Mending;

- "Rotation": Renew x 4-5 (more or less), CoH on cd, PoM on cd, PW:Solace on cd for mana return, Lightwell always up.

I got some questions especially about Renew blanketing:
    - Normally I keep it up on tanks and target taking damage from debuffs (ie Arcane Wrath from last boss of Highmaul), but when and on which other targets shall I cast it? I need to cover almost the whole raid always (so also when damage is not occuring, so that players are covered by the spell in case they are damaged later)?
    - I use CoH on cd, more precisely only if at least 3 targets are hit by the spell, is that correct?

Here is the link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...a/Virgo/simple
    Here to his: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...Scillah/simple

Can the differences we have on stats explain the huge gap?

Thanks a lot to all who will help me =)
    you dont renew NEARLY enough. like your renews are so low its unreal.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=20

My fight was 2 and a half MINUTES shorter and i casted 36 more renews then you. U should have been like 50+ more renews then me since ur fight was so much longer.

EDIT: I know its normal but whatever u get the idea
    Last edited by Interrogate; 2014-12-20 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    It's practically free. Extremely low mana cost. Given that it hits enough, it's the best heal.
    Might be efficient, but it doesn't seem to heal very much. I was specifically timing it before raid damage on Imperator, and it was always around 3% of my healing.

Might be efficient, but it doesn't seem to heal very much. I was specifically timing it before raid damage on Imperator, and it was always around 3% of my healing.
    Cascade is essentially just fire and forget. Just pop it on CD and go back to your rotation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrogate View Post
    you dont renew NEARLY enough. like your renews are so low its unreal.
    Lol ok mate, I got it... Do not scare me XD

Probably I just need to learn to cast it without worrying about the insane overheal. In my head spamming a single spell continuously sounds annoying and brainless, but that's it.

Real reason I comment; 7 healers for 25man? D:
    In this situation it's really just a race to do it first rather than any kind of healing strategy for raid survival. Who can snipe the heal first wins meters.
    Consider that those logs are from farming runs, not progress ones, and we just threw the new priest in the very moment he joined the guild XD

Deleted
    Hi guys, I got an easy question for you. I'm the only priest in my raid, I usually play Disci and I will try to switch Holy in Ko'ragh and Imperator fights. It's always worth-it to pick ToF instead of PI without a Disci priest?

ToF is good if people are constantly dropping below 35%. Even with a Disc priest, it'd still be worth using it for fights like Ko'Ragh and Imperator where it's quite easy to fall below 35%.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ToF is good if people are constantly dropping below 35%. Even with a Disc priest, it'd still be worth using it for fights like Ko'Ragh and Imperator where it's quite easy to fall below 35%.
    I disagree, since it really only benefits Penance. It doesn't have much to do with how much it procs but how much you use it after it does. Anyone have numbers on how many FH or Penance casts you'd have to have for it to outdo Power Infusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I disagree, since it really only benefits Penance. It doesn't have much to do with how much it procs but how much you use it after it does. Anyone have numbers on how many FH or Penance casts you'd have to have for it to outdo Power Infusion?
    He is referring to when one heals as a holy priest with a disc priest, not that one is playing a disc priest.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    He is referring to when one heals as a holy priest with a disc priest, not that one is playing a disc priest.
    My bad Misread Ubuntu's question originally.

Guys, is it ok that our holypriest doesn't use binding at all? I can understand it on KargathM, but on ButcherM...

Binding is a huge mana cost. It's effective HPS, but has a high mana cost.

Spend 2% of mana to gain 1 stack serendipity is not effectively?
    Last edited by Ember; 2014-12-22 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Spend 2% of mana to gain 1 stack serendipity is not effectively?
    Being that Heal/PoH are rarely used in a raid environment...maybe?

glyphed BH is definitely good for refreshing renews on multiple people, and it's great for Butcher because the people you're refreshing renews on are always going to be stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    What do you mean "high mana cost" ? Even with the glyph, it's only about 2.5% mana.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-12-22 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    It's actually twice as efficient as FH and only slightly worse than Heal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't this assume you're healing yourself every time, which isn't necessarily true?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Doesn't this assume you're healing yourself every time, which isn't necessarily true?
    Yes, binding heal always heals the caster. There used to be a bug when it didn't, but that is not the case anymore.

Deleted
    How much renew overheal is "normal"?
    Looking at the logs someone posted a page earlier its around 40% and mine from brackenspore mythic are 40% as well.
    It just "feels" too much and I don't really know what to do at time during the fight. I am usually playing disc and not holy, so this is a bit awkward for me.
    I am precasting some renews on people before infesting spores and some during, keep renew rolling on tanks, CoH on CD if it makes sense, PoM simply because I got nothing better to do.. but other than that?
    I can't predict who is getting "spit" at, player basically only take dmg during infesting spores. So what the hell to do in that fight? Our disc is healing the living mushroom and the reju. mushroom isn't around so often to be "busy" with.
    There might be a reason why the highest ranked holy priest is rank 144 overall on the fight..

Deleted
    assuming 0% overhealing it's a little worse than that.
    In my current gear Flash heal has an average of 7.59 hpm. Binding heal unglyphed is 11.68. With glyph is 12.98 and Heal comes in at 15.7.

I think more important to compare to is renew, since BH BH PoH is essentially replacing renew+CoH. CoH and PoH have comparable hpm with 2 stacks of serendipity.
    Renew (still in my current gear) is sitting at 16.89 hpm which is quite significantly better than binding heal.
    In terms of healing per cast (still 0% overhealing) binding heal has 40k (60k with glyph) and renew has 40k. So there is some hps gain to be had from glyphd binding heal.

Overall looking across the 'rotation' of 6 GCDs

CoH, renewx5
    363250 average healing
    19698 mana cost
    18.44 average healing per mana

BH BH PoH BH BH PoH (with BH glyph)
    509100 average healing
    32262 mana cost
    15.78 average healing per mana

so this looks like;
    40% increased healing for a 64% increased mana cost

It's pretty much what I'd consider an intuitive throughput increase, you'd expect to spend more mana for increased throughput. That said this is theoretical with 0% overhealing (and numbers also specific to my gear). In my experience so far it's more likely that binding heal will overheal on myself, especially if I'm spamming it. Smart use to get 2 BHs out (unglyphed) if I'm low and spend those serendipities on PoH then back to renews+CoH would be smart play. Weaving between these 'rotations' is going to offer optimal hps and hpm sticking rigidly in either is probably going to favour renew+CoH simply because of the overheal nature of binding heal (and PoH honestly).

Would be interested to see how that hpm changes if you spec CoP but I gotta run. I'll try to remember to come back to it later.

edit; Presumably you would still be casting CoH when casting BH BH PoH. someone do the math while I'm gone!

edit2;
    CoH BH BH PoH renew renew
    495300 average healing
    28629 mana cost
    17.3 average healing per mana

36% more healing 45% more mana than CoH+renew
    3% less healing 12.3% less mana than BH BH PoH
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2014-12-22 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    There used to be a bug when it didn't, but that is not the case anymore.
    Which I kinda liked, TBH. I liked being able to renew people and then spam a 3-target heal to refresh those renews.