Deleted

Multistrike Trinket Macro

Hi everyone,

I'm using the on-use multistrike trinket from the first boss in UBRS, and I was wondering which ability it would be more effective to be macro'd with, Serenity or TEB. My first thought is Serenity, because they have the same cooldown and could then be activated together, and I could sit on TEB stacks to use at the same time. I'm not 100% sure, though, and any tips you guys could provide would be very much appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK you should not have Serenity as a WW. Chi Explosion + Ascension is best from what I have done research on. I would not suggest macroing trinkets, it is lazy and not as effective. You should be using it for burst opportunities and as you see fit. Also, if you macro it, it may often be on CD for boss fights.

Just make a keybind for it or something. Pop it with TEB, win.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    AFAIK you should not have Serenity as a WW. Chi Explosion + Ascension is best from what I have done research on. I would not suggest macroing trinkets, it is lazy and not as effective. You should be using it for burst opportunities and as you see fit. Also, if you macro it, it may often be on CD for boss fights.

In 5mans / multitarget clusters, ChiEx comes out on top, but fights with majority single target favour serenity atm? There is also the benefit of a dps cd in raids for the 'burst phase', which ChiEx doesn't really offer.

It's probably okay to macro those two together - but consider a macro like nomod = both, alt= one of them, shift= the other. That way if you have a fight requiring multiple bursts per 2min window you aren't overkilling one and underkilling the next - eg belts in SoO.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-11-25 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Did a 5man with a elemental shaman and a frost mage today, both well geared. So glad I'm not running with ChiEx. And for single target, Simcraft is still showing Serenity as the best single target spec on all 3 gear levels. Which mind you are based on the best posible gear combinations.

@OP
    I macro'd it to TEB because they have the same duration. Increased multistrike, while increased damage. Plus, most of the time I am using serenity with TEB anyways. Also if you decide to switch talents it wont effect your trinket macro. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Outzy View Post
    I macro'd it to TEB because they have the same duration. Increased multistrike, while increased damage
    Can you (or someone who knows) post code for TEB + Use Trinket macro?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Can you (or someone who knows) post code for TEB + Use Trinket macro?

Thanks!
    #showtooltip tigereye brew
    /use 14
    /cast tigereye brew

the "/use 14" is the beneath trinket slot. the above is "/use 13".

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post

This is just plain wrong. Unless you are somehow sim crafting his toon with his gear and specs you do not know which comes out ontop. For example, with my current gear and stats AC/ser is sim'd way higher. While in theory what's you saying is true, due to none of us being full mythic there is no way to tell which will sim higher for him

15+ Year Old Account
    Syncing it with Serenity provides higher dps in simcraft so that's what I'm doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that changes my t7 talent constantly based on the circumstances of the encounter? Something could sim higher but when it comes time to account for fight mechanics the numbers I'm theoretically supposed to get may not translate over as well if at all. The general rule of thumb that I follow right now is if there is cleave of any sort involved I run ChiEx, if there's an add that needs to die immediately or if the boss takes increased damage during a phase (ie- Witherbark in the Everbloom) I run Serenity. I've yet to find a time where HS is nearly as good as the other two talents but I've tested them all extensively in each dungeon while gearing up. I'm 634 now and I tend to find ChiEx useful in more situations than Serenity but that very well could change when raids open up. I'm running with a premade group also, so I don't need to worry about taking the RDF buff into consideration.