Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Did WW Monk get nerfed

Just saw that some dps tuning went in overnight but no notes are present. Anyone have any experiences yet?

If we got nerfed based off of 5m data I will be kind of upset. My reasons are that in a 5m I am starting every fight with 10 stacks of TEB which is a huge bonus and also we are cleave machines right now, perfect for 5 mans.

I was hoping no changes would be made until we had some raid data and we see what it is really like starting with 0 stacks of TEB and how that compares to everyone else. I will be a bit peeved if we were nerfed based on the 5 man data.

I hope not. However I was doing 40-60% of dmg on fights (trash and bosses) in WoD normals, was that laziness by other dps, me knowing how to SEF, WW being OP? I don't know.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Deleted
    I've noticed my damage dropped in MC overnight. Going from ~21k sustained on Ragnaros yesterday to barely being able to push 17k with good RNG on Ragnaros today. We'll find out what's been hit soon. Hope it's nothing too major.

Edit: Huh, RSK being nerfed by 5%? That it? Guess my perception of good RNG is flawed. Yay for nothing major!
    Last edited by mmoc96b83ddb80; 2014-11-25 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvendaal View Post
    I've noticed my damage dropped in MC overnight. Going from ~21k sustained on Ragnaros yesterday to barely being able to push 17k with good RNG on Ragnaros today. We'll find out what's been hit soon. Hope it's nothing too major.

Edit: Huh, RSK being nerfed by 5%? That it? Guess my perception of good RNG is flawed. Yay for nothing major!

That is major. That's a big smack, RSK damage wasn't nerfed. the increased damage you do against targets with the RSK debuff got nerfed. We just lost ~4.2% overall damage.

According to IRC, it's showing to be about a 1% damage difference overall.

The nerf was justified, we were pulling some insane numbers.

What wasn't justified is the fact we received no PvP compensation in the form of healing and/or defensive buffs. The class is still struggling heavily in that aspect of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suhuachi View Post
    That is major. That's a big smack, RSK damage wasn't nerfed. the increased damage you do against targets with the RSK debuff got nerfed. We just lost ~4.2% overall damage.
    It's roughly a 1% damage reduction, where as I feared we were going to lose a lot more than that.

Deleted
    I hardly noticed the nerfs. I'm still pulling 20k+ single target DPS, and upwards of 34k on HC dungeon bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvendaal View Post
    It's roughly a 1% damage reduction, where as I feared we were going to lose a lot more than that.
    Not sure how you came up with a 1% damage reduction. we were doing 120% we are now doing 115%. That's ~4.2% less damage. unless your autoattacks are doing a huge amount more of your overall percent, its no where near a 1% damage reduction.
    Last edited by Suhuachi; 2014-11-25 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suhuachi View Post
    Not sure how you came up with a 1% damage reduction. we were doing 120% we are now doing 115%. That's ~4.2% less damage. unless your autoattacks are doing a huge amount more of your overall percent, its no where near a 1% damage reduction.
    Because it's ability damage it increases, not auto attacks and their multistrikes, and Xuen. Auto-attacks and their multistrikes are a massive contributor to our over-all damage.

Factoring in that, it's just over a 1% overall damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantean View Post
    I hardly noticed the nerfs. I'm still pulling 20k+ single target DPS, and upwards of 34k on HC dungeon bosses.
    Your Monk's name/title/hair combo is great lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    According to IRC, it's showing to be about a 1% damage difference overall.
    how can a flat 5% damage nerf cause you to do 1% less damage? math even?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    It's a ~3% nerf

RSK debuff doesn't affect things like ToD and Autos

I don't deal with WW or it's math numbers. I was just quoting what the other TC's for WW were saying. Now they are saying it's more about 3ish%.

It's approx 3% nerf at T17M gear.

A bit less than that at current gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    The nerf was justified, we were pulling some insane numbers.

What wasn't justified is the fact we received no PvP compensation in the form of healing and/or defensive buffs. The class is still struggling heavily in that aspect of the game.
    I agree. In heroics I was making other people look bad... however our healing still sucks so that is not cool. Being a glass cannon is not very fun and being a nerfed glass cannon just stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    I agree. In heroics I was making other people look bad... however our healing still sucks so that is not cool. Being a glass cannon is not very fun and being a nerfed glass cannon just stinks.
    Glass cannon? we have our own CC thats insta-cast, aoe stun, knockdown, heals, kiting ability, insta-transcend... we have lots of ways to avoid or mitigate dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantean View Post
    Is that with or without lust you are able to get your single target so high?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylisto View Post
    Glass cannon? we have our own CC thats insta-cast, aoe stun, knockdown, heals, kiting ability, insta-transcend... we have lots of ways to avoid or mitigate dmg.
    In PvP? In heroics I feel borderline OP just because of how much damage I can reduce on the tank. However people are not dumb enough to stand in the bad in pvp the way NPCs do.