Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    Plus, absolutely no tuning to Monk DPS, great stuff.
    Not true! There was a 5 percentage point nerf to the damage buff of RSK in there.

Deleted
    I know blizzard have wanted to figure out how to remove ROF from the single target rotation for ages now, but DAMN, why not cut the spell entirely?

ROF just isn't worth using now, it's primary use in AOE was keeping ember generation up when you had low crit levels so that you could sustain your ember spending AOE abilities, right? Now it's ember generation and damage are so nonexistant that I can't ever imagine it being worth using, hell, they didn't even change it to no longer cost a quarter of our mana.

Buffs to demo and aff are kinda nice, but also feel kinda pointless once the shock value of "warlock buffs" wears off - the demo nerfs look like they'll math out as being pretty miniscule and the affliction ones don't really look better and certainly don't address the issues with afflictions gameplay that are far more important than number tuning.

That aside, I suppose this is still better than most people were expecting, even if it feels like barely anything of value in a void, let alone combined with the ROF nerf.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tried a cm and a heroic, not sure if all the changes are fully implemented or not? FnB not viable sustained on trash packs, I ended up manually immolating and single targeting half of the time, trying to aoe with FnB was emberbit starved significantly, may be viable on 6+ mobs, I feel off the back of pack of smokes calculations RoF is dead in it's current form, FnB following it to the grave in most current situations. Single target is ok, but lower than it was with RoF in the rotation, ember bit generation has reduced damage lower than the buffs compensate (depending if the changes are all implemented or not). The moment a fight requires movement destro becomes a nightmare to put out damage, at least there's demo I guess??. 2 Cents in.

Quote Originally Posted by dissidence View Post
    Tried a cm and a heroic, not sure if all the changes are fully implemented or not? FnB not viable sustained on trash packs, I ended up manually immolating and single targeting half of the time, trying to aoe with FnB was emberbit starved significantly, may be viable on 6+ mobs, I feel off the back of pack of smokes calculations RoF is dead in it's current form, FnB following it to the grave in most current situations. Single target is ok, but lower than it was with RoF in the rotation, ember bit generation has reduced damage lower than the buffs compensate (depending if the changes are all implemented or not). The moment a fight requires movement destro becomes a nightmare to put out damage, at least there's demo I guess??. 2 Cents in.
    They said on Twatter that they implemented the RoF nerf, but none of the Warlock buffs. They're going to QA them for a week or two and get back to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dissidence View Post
    Yeah, unless you get a lucky Conflag there's literally nothing to cast on the move now. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    They said on Twatter that they implemented the RoF nerf, but none of the Warlock buffs. They're going to QA them for a week or two and get back to us.
    Wait, seriously? Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Wait, seriously? Source?
    https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/537352284943183872

That doesn't answer the question "are the warlock buffs implemented or just the RoF nerf?".

I want to cry.

Oh well, at least there's demo.

Anyone have a TellMeWhen string for Demo in 6.0?

That doesn't answer the question "are the warlock buffs implemented or just the RoF nerf?".
    Yes it does. We've known since maintenance ended that the nerf was in. If you go up in the conversation with Rygarius you'll see that he's being asked the same question you're asking. The link is to his response, "It'll be implemented as soon as possible. QA runs tests to verify the hotfixes as doing what the change said it's supposed to."

So... not all the changes are in.. only some..because they HAVE NOT QA THEM YET!

WHY.. would you push partial hot fixes when their counter parts are still in QA?
    WHY... would you post a list of all the changes, with no indication of what is actually live and not.

Why.. Blizz.. Why!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    So... not all the changes are in.. only some..because they HAVE NOT QA THEM YET!

WHY.. would you push partial hot fixes when their counter parts are still in QA?
    WHY... would you post a list of all the changes, with no indication of what is actually live and not.

Why.. Blizz.. Why!!
    This is why I don't believe they would add just partial changes.

That would be EXTREMELY unprofessional, more so than how they handled launch.

I might be out. I'd rather play my pally then have to play Destro CR.

God dammit Blizz...

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person that likes afflicion the most? ;(

Unfortunately it's been confirmed by multiple Blizzard employees that that is exactly what they did.

Update 1, Class Tuning Changes: 12:00pm PST
    Please note that some of the class tuning changes listed below are not yet live and are still in the process of being implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    No burst, no AoE, mediocre DPS. A rotation so simple and boring that my 3 year old could master. What's not to love?
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-11-25 at 10:06 PM.

Nope right there with you. I love affliction and demonology more than destruction.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are no constant movement fights, KJC will now be quite useful for Destro locks.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    As long as there are no constant movement fights, KJC will now be quite useful for Destro locks.
    Unfortunately paired with CR (which is now mandatory) it's still garbage.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-11-25 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted

Well, that's how it is. Multiple blizz posts saying fixes haven't gone out and abundant evidence that ROF is nerfed NOW.

I did before MOP ruined it and WOD made it worse.
    Right now it may well be more enjoyable than the other two specs, but I can't stand playing it because of how much worse it is than it used to be. It's downright depressing, moreso than any other change I've seen in the past 9+ or so years I've been playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feral
    Predatory Swiftness no longer increases the healing done by Healing Touch.

Annoying but not surprised. I really hate that PVP aimed nerfs are always affecting my PVE play.
    Off-heals with claws of shirvallah has kept many groups I have been in from whipes. As more and more healers gear, resto kitty off heals are not as important I have noticed. The loss of 20% is going to hurt as I mostly use HT on tanks during high incoming damage on AoE pulls and boss fights. CW is still strong for using on tanks and as long as rejuvenation does not get nerfed I won't be too upset. Glyphed FB can help mitigate the 20% loss for the pvp minded.

Claws of shirvallah is not that popular currently and the few that do take it do not use it to it's full potential. It is not even considered by min/maxers and this just hurts it that much more.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”