Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Item level for normal Highmaul?

Hey guys my guild after seeing the dogs from mogushun wipe us several (dozen) times at the beginning of mists figure we'll start on normal for at least a week or two get some gear, before moving into heroics, my question is what item level should be the minimum to get in to normal highmaul?

MSV didn't have flex(new normal) so that should help. I would say a mix of normal/heroic gear would be plenty sufficient for the new normal.

if you guys have good raiders that know what they're doing then 630 should be more than enough. if not then closer to 640 would probably be a better goal. just my opinion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

It's probably tuned for 630. LFR is 615.

Minimum would be 630 (Full heroic dungeon gear, if someone does not want to put that effort then you do not want them in your group), but most people would be higher because of MC helm + free 680 ring
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmaul HEROIC is tuned for 630+, Normal is even easier in that ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    if you guys have good raiders that know what they're doing then 630 should be more than enough. if not then closer to 640 would probably be a better goal. just my opinion though.
    But if you have good raiders they are probably pushing 640 already, and if you don't, they are probably doing well to be 630 atm :P

Gear up in the heroic dungeons now. If you guys do that you should be good to jump into heroic raids, you can still do the normal/old flex if you want to supplement gear further but it shouldn't be needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's probably tuned for 630. LFR is 615.
    If that was the case then heroic would be set for gear beyond what people could get in dungeons making them do multiple versions of the same raid to do what was the old normal. There is no way they are gating raids like that so you have to do 3 versions to finish it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Highmaul HEROIC is tuned for 630+, Normal is even easier in that ilvl.
    It definitely isn't. It might be do-able by hardcore mythic raiders, but it doesn't mean it is tuned for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

if all of you are casually playing and have around ~630 you'll probably kill 5/7 in the first week, ofcourse depending on your number of raids. But i guess most of you will have more than 630 so 6/7 should be doable and with some practice you could clear normal by the end of the first week, or in the second week then.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    But if you have good raiders they are probably pushing 640 already, and if you don't, they are probably doing well to be 630 atm :P
    "good raiders" somehow equates to ilvl in this scenario. this is why I hate ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    "good raiders" somehow equates to ilvl in this scenario. this is why I hate ilvl.
    Good raiders care about their toons and are therefore more likely to have run heroics to get full 630 + 680 ring + rag helm + 3 crafted pieces + BoE drops. I'm sitting at 642 and we have a decent amount of people over 645.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    Good raiders care about their toons and are therefore more likely to have run heroics to get full 630 + 680 ring + rag helm + 3 crafted pieces + BoE drops. I'm sitting at 642 and we have a decent amount of people over 645.
    Alts are a thing. Am I suddenly not a good raider because while working overtime my second character and third characters haven't hit 640 yet? Devil's advocate is that the great guilds all have alts. I'm still gonna clear normal and heroic with my paladin with a lesser ilvl, doesn't make me a worse player for not having it.

Great raiders are great because they're able to figure out how to do more with less, not because they can bash their face against a boss until their gear wins out.

lol.

there is so much wrong with this, especially regarding the rag helm. not even gonna touch this.

Deleted
    Good raiders dont need such high item level as they dont stand in crap, dps the right target, follow mechanics, and interrupt etc.....

bad raiders need higher item level and consider it important as they need to the extra margin to cover the many mistakes they make, their inability to follow mechanics or target priority, their ignorance of their own characters abilities and to make up for all teh avoidable dmg they are not avoiding and so placing extra strain on healers, who if bad are wasting mana inefficiently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Good raiders dont need such high item level as they dont stand in crap, dps the right target, follow mechanics, and interrupt etc.....

bad raiders need higher item level and consider it important as they need to the extra margin to cover the many mistakes they make, their inability to follow mechanics or target priority, their ignorance of their own characters abilities and to make up for all teh avoidable dmg they are not avoiding and so placing extra strain on healers, who if bad are wasting mana inefficiently.....
    Method must be fucking terrible then because they'll walk in there with close to 660 - the baddies!

Good raiders wouldn't need the ilvl to clear heroic, but that isn't what they are preparing for. You take every advantage you can into the mythic race, and ilvl is a significant boost.

Most will probably do mixed runs with alts/mains the first week so they can dedicate as much gear onto their mains as possible ready for mythic too - again, you take every advantage you can get.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-11-26 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post

It's bizarre to me that you think that a serious raider isn't going to take any advantage they can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Method must be fucking terrible then because they'll walk in there with close to 660 - the baddies!
    How do you figure they'll be close to 660 when Highmaul normal drops?

EDIT: FOrgot about BMAH, nvm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    How do you figure they'll be close to 660 when Highmaul normal drops?

EDIT: FOrgot about BMAH, nvm
    640 is doable with blues and a minimal amount of CM dailies + hat+ring. No profession gear or purchases required.

660 is pretty practical once you add in the new warforged CM stuff to fill gaps, 665 boe's, BMAH(if lucky), 645 items from followers (requiring 2+ 630 followrs) + one mythic item from followers (by obtaining 2+ 645 followers after you clear heroic).