Salvage Yard question. Follower gear

Okay so I was reading the WoW head guides to the Salvage yard.

This caught my eye

What is it good for?
    Raiding - it gives you a chance to loot Crate of Salvage which lets you upgrade your followers' items faster so you can unlock better missions for them which have good gear for players. You also have the chance to get ilvl 665 BoEs from Salvage which are better than normal Highmaul drops.
    Goldmaking - you can get low-level BoEs with fashionable models from Salvage, and ilvl 665 BoEs.
    Transmog - at level 3 it gives you the change to loot Big Crate of Salvage which can contain gear that has a unique model -- see all the models here.
    So level 1 and level 2 gives you a Crate of Salvage. Which is good for getting follower Item level gear and chance at 665 BoE epics.

And then it says for level 3 you get a Big Crate of Salvage.. Which contains unique gear for Transmogging?

So does this mean that I'm better off with the level 2 version if I want to gear up my followers and get the chance at getting raid geared and gold making? As opposed to .... the rather useless transmogging the level 3 is for?

Agreed^ good question. Some of the wording in this xpac is confusing
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    Lvl 1 & 2 gives greys, follower upgrades and random lvl greens (between lvl 10-70(?)) for possible transmog.

The ilvl 665 items comes first at lvl 3 I think. And I guess its a higher chance for rare/epic version of the follower upgrade items.

Dont have lvl 3 yet, but thats how I understand it works.

7+ Year Old Account
    According to this comment, they are practically identical regarding the ilvl tokens. You just have added benefit of the transmog gear or BoE epics.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

I personally don't see any difference in follower gear between T2 and T3 salvage yard. T3 boxes just seem to contain more items overall.

The only difference i see between T2 and T3 is that my T3 generates signficantly less salvage boxes than T2 (while both boxes have the same droprate on gear - so overall you will get less gear). Today's numbers are:

T3 gave me 18 boxes on 68 missions. (~27%)
    T2 gave me 20 boxes on 46 missions. (~43%)