Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So We Got Passed in The Tuning Hotfix

...I'm still leveling and digging information out (looking at the DPS thread now)...

Are we that good at max level? Or are we just so under-represented overall? Or can pull out good DPS in edge cases (ie: top-end players)?

Just inquiring about it, this isn't a complaint thread. I genuinely want to know how we stack up now and before, especially since many classes got straight up increases to spells.

Thanks in advance

We're middle of the pack, which makes us the target for other classes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yep, this.

This makes no sense if they buf every other class and not us we gona be botton of the pack. Pure DPS class last on DPS is gona be awesome, Its not like Im gona feel like a dead weight to my raid beeing a DPS class that cant realy DPS.

A number of the lower DPS classes were buffed, which may surpass rogues and push them down closer to the bottom. Just gotta wait to see how these buffs places them and, eventually, the rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schizocaria View Post
    A number of the lower DPS classes were buffed, which may surpass rogues and push them down closer to the bottom. Just gotta wait to see how these buffs places them and, eventually, the rogues
    Where we always are during the first content: AT THE BOTTOM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but class wise aren't we are near the bottom despite our specs being middle if the pack overall?

Most classes above us didn't get touched, just a minor nerf to WW and a less minor nerf to glad, so can we really consider ourselves the target?

Deleted
    I find it hilarious how melee-unfriendly the current content is and you not even get rewarded by better dps. Huntards stay safe in range and kill the meters. Love the balance... they only have to do this because of stupid pvp I guess. Because of pvp we lost our burst too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I find it hilarious how melee-unfriendly the current content is and you not even get rewarded by better dps. Huntards stay safe in range and kill the meters. Love the balance... they only have to do this because of stupid pvp I guess. Because of pvp we lost our burst too.
    I've never been more unhappy with playing melee than right now.

Deleted
    I'm just sick of the rogue been ignored at this point.

Deleted
    I don't understand all this anger.

This is the first tuning pass of many (you can expect bigger passes as Highmaul starts as the devs have said over and over). These fixes were for truly broken / terrible conditions (frost mages making the others obsolete - elemental just plain broken).

The whole melee unfriendly thing still applies in WoD but I'd argue its alot less severe than at the start of Mists I've finished all 8 CMs with gold times now and never found any situation where bringing a range over me would have solved anything (something I couldn't say when trying the same at the start of MoP) - the visual cues for bad ground are spot on and easy to see and the rogues survival toolkit covers any mistakes (nothing can 1 shot through feint even if you stand in bad on purpose).

All we've got is 5 man data (nearly none of it log based) atm and a little CM and people drawing conclusions from these need to slow down and take a breather. From my personal experience after all golds and over 100 hc pugs I've topped both aoe and single target as combat in a good 80%+ of cases against hunters, mages and warlocks etc.

People see a hunter popping barrage and cds topping on x trash pack and call OP and buff rogues but when he sees you pop KS and AR on the next trash pack and topping the charts he says the same thing.

Lets see where we are in a couple of weeks before we stealth into Irvine and torching down the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone needs a nerf it's monks they are destroying single target atm. The sims have been saying this for a while as well.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

10+ Year Old Account
    In its current state, I would choose a hunter over rogue for any fight. Much safer at a distance, less damage taken, and higher damage output. That being said, as a rogue, I feel pretty disappointed with our place in the game right now. On top of melee punished for being melee due to mechanics, fire on the ground inbetween melee/tanks, aoe attacks that you need to run out of, rogues in particular have both killing spree and DfA where you lose control and can die to mis-position during that time (if you have done CMs you'll know...)

Single target still struggling for combat, it's not too bad for Sub - maybe just run 2 specs for trash and boss encounters.

I don't think there's anything wrong with out DPS.

The melee thing is kind've a problem but i imagine it'll get fixed.

Deleted
    Rogues are fine right now. I was almost surprised we didn't receive a nerf at all. :O

Deleted
    There isnt anything insanely wrong with us. We are doing just fine tbh.

So let me get this straight. When we get nerfed, the world is ending.

When we don't get nerfed. . . The world is ending.

If you think the Rogue is "FINE" (when i read threads on the forums by fanboys makes me wanna puke) you are completely wrong.This fucking class is right now CRYING for energy no matter what fucking spec you are playing.Combat,Assasi or Sub.Why da fuck are they keeping the same style when it comes to rogues in every fucking expansion rogue is shit, and we never used to be good in the begining.Still casters always better and higher DPS then melee as usual.Monks are broken and retarded they need to be nerfed but Rogues are completely shit at the moment.We need to get buffed cause this is idiotic really.Look at the DPS sims

Deleted
    So you're comparing damage now with black rock mythic sims and getting upset or?

Sims are a useful tool but they're just that a tool, your individual performance has an infinately greater impact on your result than what simc tells you. Yer sure some specs will be better but welcome to class based games it is the nature of the beast.

Middle of the pack DPS wise is a fine place to be rogues already have a greater melee weighting as they can (when played right) sing and dance around boss abilities with their survivability and movement. Plus you don't have to worry about hefty looming nerfs.

Power progression is a key part of MMO gameplay, if we started WoD end game with end of siege haste and energy regen levels they'd have to tone us down somewhere else like higher costing abilities which we know after the sinister strike changes post ToT suck. We'd be in an arms race with the devs as we got more regen.

I haven't really seen myself gettin' utterly stomped on the meters, but it does seem like some of the fights are *extremely* melee unfriendly. Meanwhile, ranged just sit there goin' derp-a-derp and have very few mechanics to deal with that interfere with their dps.