Demonbolt low crit rate?

Been testing demo in dungeons since the hotfix. So far only netting around 15k dps. In the 6 dungeons I've ran the biggest thing I've notice is that my demonbolt never crit. In the whole 6 dungeon it had 0 crits... Just bad luck? I have 22% crit btw, buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys... No one can confirm/deny?

Bad luck. I did some 100k 4stacks demonbolt crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    Bad luck. I did some 100k 4stacks demonbolt crit.
    What was your overall crit chance for demonbolt?

- - - Updated - - -

Another lock in my guild just said hes experiencing the samethings. 2% crit on demonbolt after 10 runs with 16% buffed crit.

You can't really base demonbolts crit chance off of 10 runs. It's not something you can cast as often as shadow bolt and Soulfire, obviously, so your sample size is way way way down. I cast maybe.. 8-16 per boss, and really only use it on a boss in dungeons, compared to who knows how many SB's and SF's, yet it still is roughly 35-50% of my damage. It does crit often enough for me though, have had 134k crits before, and it is glorious, but you can't look at the rng on a rarely casted spell and say that it's crit chance differs from the crit chance of your other spells.

Deleted
    As demo, crit is your worst stat besides versatility, so the 15k prob might be fixed with going for the right stats. I easily pull 20k+ after the changes and i'm sitting on ilvl 637

Quote Originally Posted by Togy View Post
    You can't really base demonbolts crit chance off of 10 runs. It's not something you can cast as often as shadow bolt and Soulfire, obviously, so your sample size is way way way down. I cast maybe.. 8-16 per boss, and really only use it on a boss in dungeons, compared to who knows how many SB's and SF's, yet it still is roughly 35-50% of my damage. It does crit often enough for me though, have had 134k crits before, and it is glorious, but you can't look at the rng on a rarely casted spell and say that it's crit chance differs from the crit chance of your other spells.
    I mouse over demonbolt on skada and it says 0 crits, 15 multistrike and ~200 hits. I mouse over other spells its ranges from 13% to 26% crit. Did you think I counted crits of demonbolts with respect to total spells casted of all spells? That would be idiotic.
    Last edited by kamuii; 2014-11-26 at 04:24 AM.

I can confirme it doesn't crit anymore. Unless the game went crazy, for not to crit once in 150 demonbolts.
    This is huge, basically demonbolt got nerfed =p

10% doesn't make up for this, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I can confirme it doesn't crit anymore. Unless the game went crazy, for not to crit once in 150 demonbolts.
    This is huge, basically demonbolt got nerfed =p

10% doesn't make up for this, not even close.
    Yep, that's what I was talking about, approximately 200 demonbolts 0 crits. My lock friend said he supposedly had 2 crits out of ~100. Another one says 0 crits out of ~40.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    Yep, that's what I was talking about, approximately 200 demonbolts 0 crits. My lock friend said he supposedly had 2 crits out of ~100. Another one says 0 crits out of ~40.
    I don't know what happened, but I crited 140k in dungeon right now. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I don't know what happened, but I crited 140k in dungeon right now. Odd.
    I could just be getting super bad luck.

went to dummy, cast like 6 of them, had a crit.

still crits.

Deleted
    affliction seem to have the same bug, i tested 2 times on a dummy in stormwind with all spells critting around 4.5-4.8% when i have 8 % crit.
    like 2000 agnoy hits and like 95 crits

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    went to dummy, cast like 6 of them, had a crit.

still crits.
    But does it crit proportional to your crit chance though.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Raider's training dummy has like 3% crit suppression, your numbers look exactly fine, Wormie.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    Been testing demo in dungeons since the hotfix. So far only netting around 15k dps. In the 6 dungeons I've ran the biggest thing I've notice is that my demonbolt never crit. In the whole 6 dungeon it had 0 crits... Just bad luck? I have 22% crit btw, buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys... No one can confirm/deny?
    I think this is more or less just bad luck. Also, I bet the lack of crits are much more noticable comning from Destro spec where CB always crits.

Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit a 152k Demonbolt today. It then Multistriked for 52k and then again for like 17k... Long live Demo.