Affliction, AOE - need advice...

Hi Warlocks,

Yes I know Affliction is not an AOE spec of choice, to start with.

But can someone clearly enough tell me what am I supposed to do with groups of 4-5 trash mobs in a dungeon?

Right now I'm just dotting everything with Corr and Agony, and then choose the fattest mob and proceed with normal ST rotation on it:

Haunt - Corr - Agony - UA (if fat enough) - DS - repeat...

Sometimes I throw a couple of SoC's around, but that never worked out too well, tbh, and the ST rotation does overall highest DPS anyway.

I've reanimated my lock from many years of retirement, so most likely not doing things right - genuinely seeking advice here.

and important P.S.: YES I WANT BORING AFFLICTION, I don't want ability juggling of Demo, and Mage-like lift of a Destro lock.

Thanks for any advice.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Deleted
    Hi, what i've found to work best for me is following:

1. SB:SoC - Main Target
    2. SB:Haunt - Main Target
    3. Agony - Main Target
    4. UA - Main Target
    5. Spam SoC - Main Target

Its pretty much the same priority as if you were on a single target bossfight, however, instead of using drain soul as a filler, youre using Seed of Corruption. When you have all 3 dots on your main target, SoC will trigger instantly, so at least with my 10% haste atm, i can just spam it and it will trigger while im casting the next one.

- You'll still be dealing mediocre damage at best. I'd say Im doing around 15-17K dps on 5-6 mobs with this method at ilvl 634. So its still far behind what other classes can pull.

For 4 targets: Keep all 3 dots applied to all targets + keeping up SB:Haunt. You wont be having much time, if any at all, to use Drain Soul in this situation. Its more important to keep dots up on all targets.

For 3-2 targets: Pretty much the same as with 4, however now theres a little time for some Drain Soul channels here and there.

I hope this information helps. I used to apply UA and Corruption to as many targets i could when there was alot of mobs too - but with the state of most other classes' AoE, shit's dying too fast and its really just pointless. SoC SPAM all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Aintreal View Post
    Hi, what i've found to work best for me is following:

1. SB:SoC - Main Target
    2. SB:Haunt - Main Target
    3. Agony - Main Target
    4. UA - Main Target
    5. Spam SoC - Main Target

Its pretty much the same priority as if you were on a single target bossfight, however, instead of using drain soul as a filler, youre using Seed of Corruption. When you have all 3 dots on your main target, SoC will trigger instantly, so at least with my 10% haste atm, i can just spam it and it will trigger while im casting the next one.

Also,

does the first SoC explode when I reapply it to the same target?

- You'll still be dealing mediocre damage at best. I'd say Im doing around 15-17K dps on 5-6 mobs with this method at ilvl 634. So its still far behind what other classes can pull.

For 4 targets: Keep all 3 dots applied to all targets + keeping up SB:Haunt. You wont be having much time, if any at all, to use Drain Soul in this situation. Its more important to keep dots up on all targets.

For 3-2 targets: Pretty much the same as with 4, however now theres a little time for some Drain Soul channels here and there.

I hope this information helps. I used to apply UA and Corruption to as many targets i could when there was alot of mobs too - but with the state of most other classes' AoE, shit's dying too fast and its really just pointless. SoC SPAM all the way!
    Thanks a lot! This does help, as various guides on Noxxic or Icy Veins are either too complex, or too generic.

It's interesting with SoC only on the main target, I thought I should put it on 3-4 at least, so that the explosion is "all round" and therefore gives higher numbers.

And yeah, it's true that shit is dying too fast anyway - which made me self-doubt regarding application of all 3 dots on all targets, as those dots will simply not have enough time to tick all the way through, would they?
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Deleted
    Yes, when you Apply SoC to a target that already has Agony, Corruption and UA on it, it will Explode almost instantly. So theres really no point in switching between mobs when you can just spam SoC onto the same target. It'll only confuse you more. Also, if you are worried about reapplying SoC too fast and that it will just extend the current - try to gain some distance to the mob, that way the SoC itself will have to also travel further and have a little more time to explode.

However, this is not an issue for me atm, i can just stand in melee range and spam it, when all 3 dots are up.

Yeah, especially Agony takes too long setting up on multiple targets, without boosting its stacks with Drain Soul - Before it even gets to the 10th stack, trashmob is usually dead or pretty close.

When i used to apply SoC to as many targets as possible, i kept "tabbing" through mobs i've already SoC'ed, meaning i would lose time switching targets, and it also made it more difficult keeping track of dots on the main target. Obviously you dont have this issue with the other method and i would recommend other Affliction Warlocks to try it out, if you're switching targets for SoC.