Another New build/computer help question: i7 or i5?

Hey guys, I haven't built a new computer since the Nvidia Geforce 260 GTX were hot. So in order to save some time researching and browsing website after website, I figured I'd ask THE community that was up to date on everything. I'm returning to wow after a long hiatus (since end of wotlk/ beginning of cata) and its time for a new rig. I've seen a lot of people arguing that i7 is better than the i5 but not necessary to play wow with.

All i want to do is play WoW:WoD in the most maximum settings, up to 40 man raids with 0 glitching or fps lag. My budget is around 800$ I don't need a case, mouse, keyboard or even dvd drive. Just really the bare essentials. What do you guys recommend? Obviously the cheaper the better. I really appreciate any help and knowledge anyone could provide!

Deleted
    If you only play WoW you can save on the GPU and get a little better CPU.

Deleted
    Whats the case you got? So we know parts fit inside, oh and 800 includes o/s?

No o/s:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.97 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card ($269.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $819.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-26 02:15 EST-0500

With o/s

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.97 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.00 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.85 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $831.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-26 02:16 EST-0500

In either case cpu cooler is optional, won't give you performance increase until you overclock the cpu

Hey Kos! Thanks man! That first list looks really good! I don't think i'll need an OS. I have a clean copy of win 7 OEM. The case i have is a NZXT full atx tower. It's on the big side. The more I look at it the more i think a new case would be better. What case would you recommend? Don't need anything fancy. Also with those mobo's can i upgrade the cpu later on without having to upgrade the mobo? Thanks man you've been a great help!!

Deleted
    Yes the Z97 mobo's will support the next cpu gen as well. As far as the case goes depends how much you wanna spend. Starting from 50 to 100bucks in cost order:

Corsair 200R $50
    Fractal Design R4 $70
    Fractal design R4 with window $80
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro @100

The new fractal design R5 just got released too but is 110 bucks upwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well new R5 is shipping in a month though

< can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everit View Post
    Hey guys, I haven't built a new computer since the Nvidia Geforce 260 GTX were hot. So in order to save some time researching and browsing website after website, I figured I'd ask THE community that was up to date on everything. I'm returning to wow after a long hiatus (since end of wotlk/ beginning of cata) and its time for a new rig. I've seen a lot of people arguing that i7 is better than the i5 but not necessary to play wow with.
    An i7 is more for productivity than gaming. The only difference is cache and hyperthreading. And since most games rarely go beyond dual core nowadays, the i5 is your best option. And in some games the i5 can actually beat the i7's, due to this reason. If however you plan to render a lot of videos the i7 makes sense to get, but for a gaming machine you're better off throwing the money into a better GPU.
    All i want to do is play WoW:WoD in the most maximum settings, up to 40 man raids with 0 glitching or fps lag. My budget is around 800$ I don't need a case, mouse, keyboard or even dvd drive. Just really the bare essentials. What do you guys recommend? Obviously the cheaper the better. I really appreciate any help and knowledge anyone could provide!
    Something like an i5 4590 is more than enough for your WoW needs. Not unless Blizzard decides to multithread WoWs game engine. You could spend the rest of the money on a SSD instead.