Aoe is OP while Single Target is Below Average (Fury)

Title says it all. I have been chain running heroics trying to get more Crit/Mastery gear and I have to say this is the case. I blow up trash and AoE packs ranging from 40-120k dps. The fact that I can even do 120k dps on certain large packs is absurd. I know, I know, these are just 5 mans and raiding will be different, BUT as it stands for AoE just bring a couple of fury warrs/enhance shamans to handle it all. Single target feels incredibly weak, with my DPS mostly coming from Bloodbath AND if I can crit during that window. It is so dependent on those 2 factors that my DPS can range from 10-18k sustained. That is a huge variability for doing everything right (assuming the Bloodthirst Gods are with you.) Which brings me to my final thought, does Bloodthirst actually have 30% increased crit chance? My tests have shown wildly inconsistent numbers but with 23% crit buffed I am averaging about 35-40% crit from bloodthirst on 2-300 (as long as i can stomach clicking it) tests.

Arms is similar, running around doing a regular 40k dps trash packs and then struggling to pull 15k dps on a single target boss. So you absolutely roflstomp everyone until the boss, where you're trying to keep up with the tank on single target.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. My aoe is great but trash isn't meaningful dps. I feel like a wet noodle most of the time and it isn't for lack of trying. I've played Fury since, god, Wrath? I can't even begin to fathom what Blizz is thinking lately with all these sweeping changes to our spec. In one heroic I did about 11k. The very next I did ~15k, and then the next was around 10k!
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

There is nothing weird about you or the mechanics. Such discrepancy was expected. It is a matter of time untill they buff BT bonus crit chance or simply untie RB from enrage and BT.

Warriors can go Gladiator if they feel Fury is underperforming.
    Fury does very well on AoE, but on ST it falls behind. That is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    It is their stated goal to achieve equality on DPS throughout the specs. So to their own standards, it is not fine.

Except the game needs to be balanced against raid bosses, which are mostly single target affairs. So no, Fury is far from fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Billybobthevindicator View Post
    It is their stated goal to achieve equality on DPS throughout the specs. So to their own standards, it is not fine.
    Some specs should be better than others in certain situations.
    When you have 3 potential DPS specs and 1 is not performing the way you like but another is, you have the option of switching to that spec.
    Fury does strong AoE.
    Gladiator does strong Single Target.
    Warriors may as well be Pures right now - they have 3 DPS-spec choices.
    Pick the one you need the most.

When you have 3 potential DPS specs and 1 is not performing the way you like but another is, you have the option of switching to that spec.
    Fury does strong AoE.
    Think you're still dodging the fact though, Fury Warriors do need to be buffed. They may be strong on AOE but there are specs that are strong on AOE and Single target. Warriors don't really have that, Gladiator is the closest and since the nerf it is decent but not exceptional at anything and very lacking in burst.

Fury Warriors need to be buffed just as much as the other classes that recently got buffed needed it. Warlocks were not having issues on AOE either, while their single target was not so strong. They clearly nerfed Gladiator for PVP reasons which I'd be fine with if Fury was a good alrounder spec. Greatly increasing the crit chance of Bloodthirst as I've seen many times would greatly improve the spec.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Fury does strong AoE.
    Are you serious or what? Probably you haven't played a warrior in this week or you have no idea of what are you talking about. Warriors are in horrible place right now:

1) The worst tank by far considering damage taken and healing done;

2) The worst dps plate class with 2 specs broken and totally underperforming and a third that will be outclassed with mythic gear.

Tell me why we have to choose from single targe spec or aoe spec when there are monk, dk and retri that can outclass a warrior with a single spec.

I'm very tired of reading idiocies like this from people who doesn't know anything about class mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Billybobthevindicator View Post
    "Viability" != "Equality".

Obviously they aim to narrow the delta, but they're not looking to make all classes equal.

yeah 1 talent should be better than full fledged spec yeah, right.. give me a fucking break

Fury does strong AoE.
    Fury's aoe strength isn't enough to justify its abysmal single target.

Not to mention just separating specs as fury = good aoe, sucks at everything else, glad = good single target, sucks at everything else, arms = good cleave, sucks at everything else; that is just horrible design. Specs should be different by flavor/feel and then have a little variance in terms of results. They shouldn't be dictated by said results. I should be able to play fury just fine throughout an entire raid tier, not just for one fight.

They need to do what they did with destro. Nerf AoE a tad, significant buff to single target.

This is what happens when you keep nerfing and nerfing single target skills when bladestorm is and has always been the source of our explosive output compared to others. People are going to flip out when eventually even bladestorm will get mega nerfed and we end up sucking at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Selos82 View Post
    Are you serious or what? Probably you haven't played a warrior in this week or you have no idea of what are you talking about. Warriors are in horrible place right now:

2) The worst dps plate class with 2 specs broken and totally underperforming and a third that will be outclassed with mythic gear.

Tell me why we have to choose from single targe spec or aoe spec when there are monk, dk and retri that can outclass a warrior with a single spec.

I'm very tired of reading idiocies like this from people who doesn't know anything about class mechanics.
    You've been playing only Warrior for way too long.
    You have no idea how other tanks are doing. It's pretty funny that you think Prot is in a bad place right now.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    This is what happens when you keep nerfing and nerfing single target skills when bladestorm is and has always been the source of our explosive output compared to others. People are going to flip out when eventually even bladestorm will get mega nerfed and we end up sucking at everything.
    Execute's damage could do with being toned down also.

Watched a Arms Warrior in my guild critting the last boss of Iron Docks for 192k with Execute. Almost 4x more than any other "execute ability (Soul Reaper, Shadowburn etc)" does.

Deleted
    You've been playing only Warrior for way too long.
    You have no idea how other tanks are doing. It's pretty funny that you think Prot is in a bad place right now.
    Your random answers are very funny: I play frequently dk tank and monk tank and they are totally different in performance from a prot war. How? Play the game maybe you'll find it. And please, no more idiocies thanks.

Execute's damage could do with being toned down also.

Watched a Arms Warrior in my guild critting the last boss of Iron Docks for 192k with Execute. Almost 4x more than any other "execute ability (Soul Reaper, Shadowburn etc)" does.
    Waiting for 20% to do tons of damage it's a broken mechanic; all the spec needs to be revisited from my point of view.

Deleted
    Fury/arms have very strong burst aoe which is great the more targets ya add into the mix. Numbers look high because there is no long fights.

Deleted
    Pretty sure your DK has higher damage taken on any given fight compared to prot warrior. You also heal for far more to compensate.

Your random answers are very funny: I play frequently dk tank and monk tank and they are totally different in performance from a prot war. How? Play the game maybe you'll find it. And please, no more idiocies thanks.
    So differently designed tanks have different performances...
    Let me take a wild guess here, you're basing the performance on running challenge modes ?

Where warriors lack of self healing / ranged aoe, has always made us the weakest tank, in CM's ?
    Both monks and dk's are way ahead of us there, its not a fair or valid comparison in my opinion.

If my guess was wrong, please elaborate instead of telling us to "play the game".

I dunno...AOE might have great peak damage but sometimes the aoe sucks too! because we rely on enrage to do good AoE (Raging Blow after 2 WW). The problem is the unreliable enrage procs, our crit rate is too low atm, they should buff BT crit rate from +30 to at least +50 or add something that can reduce Berserker Rage cooldown.

I knew they would overnerf Fury when they did it on PTR (or when 6.0 was just released, I don't remember), the dps felt wrong the moment I played post nerfs and now it's just worst at lvl 100. I fucking hate that when they overnerf like this, now we have to wait for a buff....or play a spec I don't wanna play.

I really don't care if Fury is fine at ilvl 665, I want it to be fine at ilvl 630 too, Warriors aren't supposed to be weak at the beginning of an Xpack and OP at the end anymore, so fix my spec please.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2014-11-30 at 12:19 AM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter