Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Worst LFD Experiences 2.0

Let's have another one of these threads! Post here your worst/funniest (or both?) experiences with people in LFD.

----------

Tonight, I got into a group with a Warlock who openly refused to buff Dark Intent. Asked him, no response. Asked him again, no response again. One of the DPS asked him, and he refused, saying "I don't need it, my dps is high enough".

He went on to pull about 7k dps on every boss, saying that he was "doing great" and the other dps were "broken fotm classes about to get nerfed". All throughout the run, he kept taunting us about not having Dark Intent, telling us to "say i'm great and i'll give you dark intent", along with spewing insane bullshit like saying he's a saudi oil lord and that he has fifteen personal camwhores and stupid crap like that. Me and one of the dps tried to votekick him 3 times, but since the tank and other dps were in his guild, every votekick failed.

Not sure if 12 years old or just a tryhard troll.

Well, I got kicked from a dungeon for using supernova as an arcane mage since I was "a disturbance to the tank's tanking."

Not sure if I was actually harming his tanking, or if he was just an idiot. Then again, should have just played frost. /sigh

Not my worst, but it's the recent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Well, I got kicked from a dungeon for using supernova as an arcane mage since I was "a disturbance to the tank's tanking."

Not sure if I was actually harming his tanking, or if he was just an idiot. Then again, should have just played frost. /sigh

Tank AoE is great these days, unless you were spamming aoe into mobs that hadnt got to him yet then it is 100% his fault.

Last boss of UBRS, had a priest Life Grip the tank everytime the adds where doing their blast attack thing. So the tank kept getting punted off the edge of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post

Reminds me when I was levelling my mage and was spamming Arcane Explosion since it was the best aoe (at level 30ish) and some guy totally flipped and started cursing and asked me to stop. I was super confused and didn't understand what I was doing wrong. Apparently the guy was epileptic or w/e and the explosion's visual was disturbing him greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Got a group in normal Slag mines on my level 91 almost SoO bis prot warrior. I was doing big pulls, doing 80% of total damage. Right before the first boss, 3 people in my group zone out because they were dying due to never interupting subjugate, so healer cant heal them, I mean I can't interuppt everything. Also standing in that smash/voidzone constantly (how is that possible as ranged?). Anyway, I didn't think much of it, I was above 80% total damage and things really just melted so I just continued in my pace, pulling the group of 3 + 2 with the first boss. Killed it together with the rogue, who struggled to survive due to all the shit going on him. Then we went on Duoing the rest of the instance in ~15mins.

The 3 who zoned out tried to get us to leave since we "couldn't finish the instance without them". Little do they know, the instance is a joke with SoO BiS. I need no healing what so ever. Rogue died a few times during or duo adventure though.

I pretty much never vote to kick people for bad dps/performance, except when we just can't complete the dungeon otherwise (or they are afk forever without saying anything), but this one time I should have made an exception.
    Yesterday I was queueing a random heroic and landed in Skyreach. So I glance over everyone's gear just to get a feeling how long this will take
    and if I should prepare myself for a few mistakes on their parts. Turns out everyone's gear is ok, except that the tank is fully geared in DpS gear (DK). I know that
    there is less "specific" tank gear, but he had literally 1 item with bonus armor and was using PvP trinkets, but I'm pretty overgeared so I thought I could probably outheal most of the damage.

As it turns out, our group would have been better off without a tank at all. I generally don't like it if tanks just wait an eternity between every pull, but I don't say anything most of the time. But this time it was different. He waited several minutes between ever trash pull, then proceeded to run into packs without saying anything. He constantly pulled several trash packs(especially those birds right before the 3. boss) together, never ever using even one defensive cooldown, tanked the whole 3rd boss in UH presence, despite me telling him to switch presence, because of that lost aggro within like 2 seconds, didn't even realize the boss wasn't hitting him, leading me to just heal our rogue and gladstance warrior, died to the first AoE and jumped into several almost dead birds before. I won't get into the other bosses, but they were similarily painful to heal, except that at some point he finally found Blood Presence again.

We made it through without whiping once, but it was the most nervewrecking and annoying dungeon experience I had so far.

Triple melee + tank all expecting me to heal through adds bladestorming and 2 shotting players in Auchindoun =\

i only votekick arseholes. low dps, newbie antics, standing in fire are all fine by me

that said, there's a lot of arseholes in this game, sadly
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i only votekick arseholes. low dps, newbie antics, standing in fire are all fine by me

that said, there's a lot of arseholes in this game, sadly
    So what you're saying is you leave the group because youre being an ass to the bad players / new players that are maybe trying to learn?

I already posted this, but I was kicked for putting a raid marker on the tank. No, I'm not joking. I was kicked by a shitty guild group for marking their tank because she found the marker "disturbing."

http://imgur.com/a/P6vbr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    So what you're saying is you leave the group because youre being an ass to the bad players / new players that are maybe trying to learn?
    Look for the subtle grammar. The period after "arseholes" indicates the end of that particular sentence, what he's stating after is he won't kick people for all the following reasons.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    there is less "specific" tank gear, but he had literally 1 item with bonus armor and was using PvP trinkets, but I'm pretty overgeared so I thought I could probably outheal most of the damage.
    I'll give you the pvp gear not being tank, however, most gear actually does not have bonus armor. Only cloaks, rings, neck, and trinkets can have it. Being prot specialization for gear drops on my warrior, I actually get very little bonus armor items.

I haven't had too hard of a time. I have been asked 6 or 7 times about why I have a shield as a warrior or flat up told to "switch to a dps spec". The worst I have had was the second boss of everbloom. No one was interrupting the barkskin so we could not interrupt the heals. I finally had to speak up and tell them what to do. After that, they still barely could manage it thanks to the tank keeping the healer in riptide, thus removing his heals cd. Had to tell the shaman to blood lust on pull. That took two tries for it to set it that he should hit lust.

Grimrail depot was a hard one too. Mostly because the healer couldn't heal through Any of the aoe damage on the first boss, or the third boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

My favorite thing happened just the other day actually.

I'm a tank, so I queue up for my daily resources and get heroic Auchindoun. The other 4 are all a guild group. Clear first boss, no issue, and trash between the first boss and second, the healer DCs. So I hold up waiting for the heals to reconnect. DPS shammy in the group says it's cool, he can keep us up for the trash. I continue to clear trash and stop just before second boss. Healer hadn't reconnected yet, so I waited about a minute longer.

Was about to ask the shammy if he had resto offspec, when warlock pulls. Seeing as he decided to pull the boss without a proper healer, I don't tank the boss and the group freaks out on me. I point out that we don't have a proper healer and if there is going to be pulling of bosses that I should do it just to make it a bit smoother. They rage and say that there are three of them and one of me.

I tell them to go ahead and vote kick me if they want, I'll just re-queue and be right back in a dungeon, so no skin off my back. They don't, and we run back to boss. DPS shammy swaps to resto and is getting mana, and the warlock asks if I'm going to tank now and then proceeds to pull the boss again.

I step outside of the room and the barrier goes up and watch these three try and kill the boss hilariously. I cheer them on saying that they can do it and I have faith in them. They wipe yet again, and then vote kick me out. I requeue and get another heroic Auchindoun, and whispered the lock saying, "Thanks for kicking me, saved me from getting a deserter debuff."

His reply was "Fuck off."

Had a good laugh that whole time.
    Last edited by Alexandyr; 2014-11-26 at 06:24 AM.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    My favorite thing happened just the other day actually.

I'm a tank, so I queue up for my daily resources and get heroic Auchindoun. The other 4 are all a guild group. Clear first boss, no issue, and trash between the first boss and second, the healer DCs. So I hold up waiting for the heals to reconnect. DPS shammy in the group says it's cool, he can keep us up for the trash. I continue to clear trash and stop just before second boss. Healer hadn't reconnected yet, so I waited about a minute longer.

Was about to ask the shammy if he had resto offspec, when warlock pulls. Seeing as he decided to pull the boss without a proper healer, I don't tank the boss and the group freaks out on me. I point out that we don't have a proper healer and if there is going to be pulling of bosses that I should do it just to make it a bit smoother. They rage and say that there are three of them and one of me.

I tell them to go ahead and vote kick me if they want, I'll just re-queue and be right back in a dungeon, so no skin off my back. They don't, and we run back to boss. DPS shammy swaps to resto and is getting mana, and the warlock asks if I'm going to tank now and then proceeds to pull the boss again.

I step outside of the room and the barrier goes up and watch these three try and kill the boss hilariously. I cheer them on saying that they can do it and I have faith in them. They wipe yet again, and then vote kick me out. I requeue and get another heroic Auchindoun, and whispered the lock saying, "Thanks for kicking me, saved me from getting a deserter debuff."

His reply was "Fuck off."

Had a good laugh that whole time.
    I'd be willing to bet it was their worst LFD experience too. People like you is why I strive to go as full guild group dungeons. If they think it will be fine without a healer then you should give it a try. If it turns out it doesn't work then you can refuse to pull unless something is changed. Only a person who thinks HC dungeons are in any way hard content would act the way you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    I'd be willing to bet it was their worst LFD experience too. People like you is why I strive to go as full guild group dungeons. If they think it will be fine without a healer then you should give it a try. If it turns out it doesn't work then you can refuse to pull unless something is changed. Only a person who thinks HC dungeons are in any way hard content would act the way you do.
    As usual with expansions 2-7 days after release LFD for hc's was awesome, friendly people who know how to play and have a common interest of clearing the dungeons efficiently. I even sticked around a few times with groups doing several hc's in a row.
    About 8 days after release is when the trolls, jerks and moutbreathers started hitting lvl 100 and the LFD became a monstrosity once again, that's when i switched to fulltime guildgroups

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    About 8 days after release is when the trolls, jerks and moutbreathers started hitting lvl 100 and the LFD became a monstrosity once again, that's when i switched to fulltime guildgroups
    Exactly. Especially now that you get rewarded for actually running the dungeon with a premade group. Also the CtA satchel is just crap, so there is literally no single reason that would make me want to run a dungeon with randoms.

With that, I can't say I have had any BAD experience - I only did dungeons with random people for the first few days and regardless of countless wipes, I didn't meet anyone I would want to kick.

As a glad-stance warrior (who was doing top dps, around 70% more than #2) I once had a tank tell me "Warrior, why are u prot? If you wanna tank be my guest but otherwise go dps noob" which is surprisingly common atm. Next is where things got dumb usually my group will back me up, the tank would get over himself and we would carry on.... However on this one occasion the ENTIRE group agreed with the tank, all stopped and I got flamed for around 5min while I tried to explain it was a DPS spec but ultimately I refused to respec and they kicked me. How do these people even have the intellect to create an account/login?

I don't even.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In a heroic group last night and one of the DPS was lagging behind significantly.
    The tank checked his ilevel -590, so we asked him how he got in -he said you only need ilevel 610 gear in your bags!

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was complaining saying i shouldn't be using mind spike as a shadow priest and that i should dot things up and use mind flay as filler, Despite telling them multiple times i was cop specced and was doing the most damage in the group >.<

Grimrail depot was a hard one too. Mostly because the healer couldn't heal through Any of the aoe damage on the first boss, or the third boss.
    You aren't supposed to get much aoe damage on the first and third boss :S

First you are supposed to spread dps so both goblin and orc die at the same time and use the orcs charge to interrupt the aoe.
    Third people are supposed to avoid lightning before it hits.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-11-26 at 10:18 AM.