What I'd really like to see for us Brewmasters in the future

Heya folks, long time reader first time poster here.

The past buffs for Brewmaster have been amazing. I was a little bit afraid of playing him at the start of the expansion but that fear has vanished after the first buff and been replaced by confidence after the second one now.

There is still one thing that bothers me though. When it comes to the fantasy of playing a Brewmaster there is always one thing that comes to my mind, something that started with Warcraft 3 and that has been reinforced with HotS. You know, covering your enemies in alcohol and setting them on fire!

But as you are aware... Breath of Fire is a little bit on the weak side right now. Our overall damage is pretty strong and you might even argue a little bit too strong. If that damage is to be lowered than they will probably do something to Keg Smash. Those 37k-40k AoE crits feel pretty satisfying but are also in a weird place for a chi builder. Yes we have more important things to do with our chi than push damage but it would be awesome for Breath of Fire to feel better. I occasionally still use it when no other button makes sense but it just doesn't feel worth using and is probably a waste of chi.

So it'd be nice to see some of Keg Smash's damage shifted over to Breath of Fire.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Malygon; 2014-11-26 at 04:23 AM.

It would indirectly "nerf" chi explosion. Breath of fire isn't even bad if you use serenity. I use it all the time when there are multiple mobs, when I have serenity specced.

Breath of Fire isn't in the bad place you feel it is right now. I find myself always using it now while playing and it has awesome utility for large packs of mobs. I think the mindset you should adopt is that you set people on fire to disorient them and the damage it does is a bonus side effect. I still can't believe how overpowered and useful BoF is in that area. For the full duration of serenity you're completely untouchable right now disorienting the adds as dps slaughter them.

in Auchindoun Felblast groups or Upper blackrock spire the hard hitting trash or those orc bitches that would set the cannon on to hit you having an on demand disorient with no DR is awesome!

Breath of Fire is an OP AoE "interrupt" without DR's and it has lots of use on trash / in 5mans and especially in CM's. Combined with Serenity you can pretty much spam it and interrupt a pack of adds till it's dead without letting a single cast through, and not worrying about losing shuffle. There really is no need to load damage on top of it and complicate things. Sure, it's a very cool spell and it fits very much into our monk theme and monk toolkit but in my opinion at least, it's where it should be.
    Last edited by WinterQT; 2014-11-26 at 09:16 AM.

I have to say I've totally overlooked that glyph. Now that I've tried it I agree, it gives Breath of Fire a lot of utility. Thanks.

i like to see shuffle becomes passive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    i like to see shuffle becomes passive
    i would also like my character to raid by itself while i watch a movie LOL