Beacon of Light not refunding 40% of Flash of Light?

Just did a little experiment, and I don't think we're getting the 40% mana refund on our BoL. Sure, the floating text is there, "+2,560 mana," but if you watch your mana actually regen, no numbers are skipped. Your mana will go from 160k to 153k, then hop quick to 154k then a fairly steady progression through 155k, 156k, 157k, 158k, 159k, then 160k. Is the 2560 mana somehow spread out over the regen time, because otherwise you would see approximately two thousands skipped (e.g. 153k to 156k, or 154k to 157k) with a flat refund?

EDIT: I did some timing: time to regen w/o BoL (OOC) = ~4s. Time to regen with = ~4s. In combat, time is ~6s, with BoL having no effect. It's broken

EDIT 2: Thanks to @diznoid, I did some more testing and rege time did seem to be faster if I spammed several in a row. Is the cast at 100% just not refunding mana, while ones cast below 100% do?
    Last edited by Pandalishus; 2014-11-26 at 06:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandalishus View Post
    Just did a little experiment, and I don't think we're getting the 40% mana refund on our BoL. Sure, the floating text is there, "+2,560 mana," but if you watch your mana actually regen, no numbers are skipped. Your mana will go from 160k to 153k, then hop quick to 154k then a fairly steady progression through 155k, 156k, 157k, 158k, 159k, then 160k. Is the 2560 mana somehow spread out over the regen time, because otherwise you would see approximately two thousands skipped (e.g. 153k to 156k, or 154k to 157k) with a flat refund?
    Possibly a simple way to debunk this is to install Recount and check Mana Gained/Restored. It should log it if it happens.

it's a good idea, but I think Recount just checks the logs, so if the issue was the log showing the mana gain (which it does) but the mana not actually being gained (which is what I'm trying to decide) it wouldn't help. That said, I tried it on a random mob and didn't see *any* mana gained on Recount, so not sure if I have a setting wrong or not.

I think I figured it out: Tower of Radiance will give 2560 mana back on flash heal (according to recount), but not if you cast while at full mana. Why this is I do not know.

Edit: recount still shows mana gained while cast at full, but my mana bar does not. I am confused.
    Last edited by diznoid; 2014-11-26 at 06:01 AM.

Hmmm. I did run some tests with more than one FoL and it did seem to regen faster if I timed several casts stacked together. Odd.

Maybe it refunds the mana before you actually spend it, so at full mana nothing would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCenarius View Post
    Maybe it refunds the mana before you actually spend it, so at full mana nothing would happen.
    Interesting idea. I tweeted @WarcraftDevs, so maybe they'll come through.

Spam FoL on a target with beacon and without beacon and time yourself to how long it takes to go oom for each one maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Spam FoL on a target with beacon and without beacon and time yourself to how long it takes to go oom for each one maybe?
    Actually, what I did was spam 3-4 in a row and then time the regen time with and without BoL. It was faster with, though not ~40% faster which is what would be expected if all FoL's were being refunded. Either oyCenarius is right and it's refunded before it's spent or something's bugged with the first FoL.