Are you satisfied with Alchemy?

Am I the only one who thinks that Alchemy is a joke of a profession currently.

The ONLY benefit you currently have from being an alchemist is that you can upgrade your crafted flasks.

Those cost you 5 of our profession specific materials(+ the smaller version of the flask + some herbs), from which you can generate a whopping 22 a day if you maxed out alchemy, and have a level 100 follower assigned to your lab. The prices for greater draenic flasks are already less than 50% of their crafting cost, where still a big part of the server population isn't crafting any of them.

Not that this would bad enough. They also disabled our masteries (flask, elixier, transmutes) by not making them work with any of the new recipes, which was pretty much the only thing that made alchemy worthwhile at later stages of expansions and was also the last cool thing about the profession.
    Other professions have profession specific mounts (we had one for like a month before everyone cried about it being cool and bind on pick up, so they made it tradeable ASAP), pets, create items that sell for several thousand gold (new glyphs, weapon enchants) or can create a 640 BoE item (for which you only need the specific building) and can even upgrade those up to ilvl 665 (for which they need the specific profession and building), thus making the alchemy lab + profession even worse and more unwanted.

I just feel like the profession isn't worth the slot and the alchemy lab isn't worth the plot.

Am I missing something and what's your opinion on the matter?

Long and short what you are missing is that raids haven't been released yet so demand for flasks is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    Long and short what you are missing is that raids haven't been released yet so demand for flasks is low.
    Yeah but the supply is also way lower, since a lot of people still aren't 100 or 700 alchemy. Also this doesn't make alchemy any more interesting. The only benefit will still be 4 big flasks a day.

Flasks are indeed surprisingly cheap to make. I have alchemical catalysts just sitting in bags because can't possibly use all I'm making.

On the other hand, some of the pots are very tedious to make and the mats expensive what with requiring meat or fish. Weird.

The work order reward from alchemy labs is the only one that isn't BoP, so feel free to get some more from your alts. But yeah, all the professions have gone through some big changes, it's not just limited to one of them.

Still a good profession to have, as things will change when raiding goes live. Flasks on my server are selling for little more than they cost to make, but that won't last much longer.

The alchemy lab is absolutely terrible, though. On my server, it cost like 25g to get an item that you can just buy for 10g, and I strongly suspect this is the case on almost every single server. Wasted slot, indeed, I replaced both of mine with other profession buildings pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    They also disabled our masteries (flask, elixier, transmutes) by not making them work with any of the new recipes, which was pretty much the only thing that made alchemy worthwhile at later stages of expansions and was also the last cool thing about the profession.
    This is the most annoying part considering the cost of the potions for the DPS. Give back the Potion Mastery!!!