Shadow priest stat weight for CoP

I'm reading the H2P stat priorities chart:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...6291#iStatPrio

And again I'm a bit confused. I'm using CoP, and so I've been copying the Clarity of Power weights. But I'm seeing the "Average BiS" chart, and the pre-raid GEAR list below, and the list all show CRIT before HASTE (as the average chart). So... are we going for the CoP weights or the Average BiS weights?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think? are you strictly going to be playing CoP for all encounters even if AS is better? crit is extremely good for AS

Quote Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    What do you think? are you strictly going to be playing CoP for all encounters even if AS is better? crit is extremely good for AS
    AS is still far behind CoP on fights in Highmaul since there won't be enough targets to warrant it. The exception maybe being Tectus.

I dont know, I'm extremely confused by those weights too. When I sim my char, haste gets by far the least value (even less than versatility), while both mastery and multistrike come on top of crit. What's worse, it's enough to change a single item and the weights get turned upside down. Makes me wonder what I should listen to.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't go wrong with haste>crit don't overthinking it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post

And again I'm a bit confused. I'm using CoP, and so I've been copying the Clarity of Power weights. But I'm seeing the "Average BiS" chart, and the pre-raid GEAR list below, and the list all show CRIT before HASTE (as the average chart). So... are we going for the CoP weights or the Average BiS weights?
    You will be CoP for Highmaul atleast so stick to the haste, MS prio... If you don't know what item to take just work out the stat weights yourself, its not hard you have all the stat weights on h2p so if you get a heroic item and you're not sure just work it out

Stat Weights from H2P:

Int = 1.0000
    Spell Power = 0.8820
    Crit = 0.5522
    Haste = 0.5796
    Mastery = 0.5210
    Multistrike = 0.5749
    Versatility = 0.4863
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.1572

Install the addon Pawn and add stat weights to it and you can see ingame if gear is an upgrade or not. I'd be weary of getting too much haste though and since multistrike is almost equal in value I'd make that my #1 stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I dont know, I'm extremely confused by those weights too. When I sim my char, haste gets by far the least value (even less than versatility), while both mastery and multistrike come on top of crit. What's worse, it's enough to change a single item and the weights get turned upside down. Makes me wonder what I should listen to.
    haste overweights mastery if you are gonna move a lot during the fight.

hint: you are gonna move a lot during the fights.

I've been following Ask Mr Robot pretty much since i started the priest in this expansion. I run CoP with Insanity and it is working out very well for me. I'm topping most DPS meters in dungeons as long as there's no cleave.

I've basically been following the stat priority Mastery > Multistrike > Haste > Crit > Versatility.
    I haven't been trying any of the other lvl 100 talents though. I don't feel to affected by Movement either as Seraknis seems to be hinting at.

So there's like 4 different answers here: hard to have an idea hehehe. I've been running with the CoP weights for the last 2 weeks, I'm generally on top of the meters too (except when another player has higher ilevel or the fights are aoe heavy). I tried playing AS on a couple of occasions, and it feels "cool" not having to spam like crazy for a short while, but for soloing and most of dungeoning CoP feels alright.

I'm asking about the weights, since I'm about to craft myself the 640 chest from my Tailor Emporium, and I will have to "reroll" the stats, and I want to be sure to which!
    Last edited by DiGG; 2014-11-26 at 01:07 PM.

Mastery is best if you can stand still and use insanity and mindblast every time they are priorized. The reason mastery looses value in actual raid situations is that movement is only predictable in specific situations. For example sometimes you have to get out of an aoe damage ability like fire on the ground and in this situation use halo / glyphed swd / etc.

Haste is good in this situations as it lowers MS cd (which you can use while moving when speccing into COB) as well as lowers cast time of all spells. This allows you to cast more spells before you have to move again or even allows you to fill in a extra mind spike while moving. Multistrike and Crit is basically the same. You do more damage with every spell.

All secondary stats improve damage of DOTs when you have a multi-target situation. Mastery does not, it only affects single target spells. As we are currently only running 5 mans with trash packs playing an important role it looses quite a lot value when compared to haste/multi/crit.

Basically all stats are quite tight together. I use Multi > Haste > Mastery > Crit as I am currently also running Holy as 2nd spec and multi greatly increases holy's output. Plus I like playstyle the playstyle more, others may prefer haste > multi. Try to find the style which fits you the most.

The averaged stat weights are for when you get to foundry and get to use both as/cop. You want to hear towards cop for highmaul/heroics/cmodes. I'm personally going as haste>mastery = multi = crit for gearing. I have multiple sets right now depending on what I'm doing at the time and what I need. Haste/mastery for cmodes.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    The averaged stat weights are for when you get to foundry and get to use both as/cop. You want to hear towards cop for highmaul/heroics/cmodes. I'm personally going as haste>mastery = multi = crit for gearing. I have multiple sets right now depending on what I'm doing at the time and what I need. Haste/mastery for cmodes.
    How can you get "multiple sets" when 90% of the drops are the SAME items we already wear? I think I got that Portal-Ripper's Staff 8 times, or Dagger of the Sanguine Emeralds probably as much... I had to start healing and chose Holy specific loot to see different items drop hehe.

How can you get "multiple sets" when 90% of the drops are the SAME items we already wear? I think I got that Portal-Ripper's Staff 8 times, or Dagger of the Sanguine Emeralds probably as much... I had to start healing and chose Holy specific loot to see different items drop hehe.

Because loot is random stats now. So any time a haste/mastery or a haste/crit piece drop, I save both and switch them depending on boss/trash. It's going to be the same way for raids.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt