Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I dont care about peoples various "causes". There is a new one everyday. If police arnt protecting innocent people trying to live their normal lives from these savages what do you expect people to do?
    these savages are the ones that throughout history have made it possible for you to live as you do. i think some perspective is important here. the police are tasked with protecting and serving everyone, that includes the protesters. these are normal people in this case, and calling them savages is just an attempt to dehumanize them to make it more acceptable to harm them.

just send in the police with military gear to disperse the rabble already.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The other drivers are not intentionally stopping me from being able to leave. The other drivers have a right to be in the road. The other drivers are not doing it just to be a dick to you because they are angry.

Protesting does not require being assholes. Which is what these people blocking off streets are.

And the police can stop it. They go into the mob, they pull out the chief agitators, and the majority will move their asses to a sidewalk. Seen it happening all night in several cities where the Police know how to deal with this shit.
    really, you've never heard of road rage?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They provoked the situation. Get off the road, get out of the way, stop attacking people who just want to go from point A to point B.

Stupid people getting their due.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    these savages are the ones that throughout history have made it possible for you to live as you do. i think some perspective is important here. the police are tasked with protecting and serving everyone, that includes the protesters. these are normal people in this case, and calling them savages is just an attempt to dehumanize them to make it more acceptable to harm them.
    actually, an illegal protest in the middle of the road means these people are criminals. The police are supposed to arrest them. How hard is this? can you really not understand this? they're intimidating people in the wake of extreme violence. The word savage applies to everyone that partakes in that behavior. You get your own special word. Enabler.

This is why most if not every city requires you to apply for a permit so to be allowed to march and protest so law enforcement can direct traffic and monitor the situation so shit like what just happened doesn't happen those protesters are breaking the law and they all should have been locked up

Deleted
    If people started swarming me and attacking my car, the only thing that'd stop me would be the tangled mess of broken limbs stuck to my front axle. People stop being people when they're in a mob; they forget how to be human, and revert to instinctive and animalistic savagery. There's no way I'd stop and gamble on them not stomping my head in.
    Good on these guys for standing up for what they think is right, but blocking a road isn't gonna do a thing. There are better, safer and more effective ways to protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Elhaym View Post
    actually, an illegal protest in the middle of the road means these people are criminals. The police are supposed to arrest them. How hard is this? can you really not understand this? they're intimidating people in the wake of extreme violence. The word savage applies to everyone that partakes in that behavior. You get your own special word. Enabler.
    this is a stupid thought.

so everyone who has had a drink before the age of 21 is a criminal? everyone who has smoked pot is a criminal? everyone who drives over the speed limit are criminals, they should all be arrested.

these people were not doing anything violent, the person driving initiated the violence.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    why exactly they block off the road?
    Because they're looking to start trouble. Which was proven quite soundly later on, by the looting, the fires and the stone throwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This event?
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events..._jury_decision

Those people on street are nuts. The driver had a good reason too excape.
    They are lucky that car driver wasnt obsesed with carmageddon.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    a car is a weapon, the person who did that is an asshole and put a lot of lives in danger, including their own.
    Yes but I'd say that standing on the road preventing people from going along is kind of an asshole move too.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Protest as much as you want but when you get in people's daily lives and interrupt it, there's a problem. You deserve all the abuse you get for trying to fuck with someone else's day.
    That's incredibly retarded. Going by that I guess the train drivers' strikes in my country should allow me to just kill them. Yeah that sounds reasonable.

this is the entire point of non-violent direct action, which the protesters were engaged in. no one deserves abuse for being a slight annoyance.
    The point of non-violent direct action is to inconvenience everyone for the sake of conveying some sort of message?

Regardless of whether the driver was right or wrong, the message that protest sends to me is "These people are idiots and nothing they say is worth listening to." They're clearly not concerned about the law, since they had no problem attacking someone who had the audacity to try and defy them.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    If people started swarming me and attacking my car, the only thing that'd stop me would be the tangled mess of broken limbs stuck to my front axle. People stop being people when they're in a mob; they forget how to be human, and revert to instinctive and animalistic savagery. There's no way I'd stop and gamble on them not stomping my head in.
    Good on these guys for standing up for what they think is right, but blocking a road isn't gonna do a thing. There are better, safer and more effective ways to protest.
    you don't see a problem here?

They're deliberately blocking a public roadway in the name of a protest, and attacked a vehicle when it started to try and breakthrough in a manner that would have caused no harm to anyone who did not choose to let themselves be hurt. That isn't normal in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    That's incredibly retarded. Going by that I guess the train drivers' strikes in my country should allow me to just kill them. Yeah that sounds reasonable.
    If you were on the train and the conductors blocked every exit and wouldn't let you leave as part of their strike, if they were detaining you against your will, taking you hostage; then yes you should get to use force to gain your freedom.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmis View Post
    Yes but I'd say that standing on the road preventing people from going along is kind of an asshole move too.
    i don't disagree, but what is worse, killing someone with your car or delaying someone for up to 10 minutes?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is a stupid thought.

so everyone who has had a drink before the age of 21 is a criminal? everyone who has smoked pot is a criminal? everyone who drives over the speed limit are criminals, they should all be arrested.
    No, the legal age for purchase is 21. Not consumption.
    Yes, unless your state or nation has laws that says otherwise regarding marijuana.
    Yes, people speeding are breaking laws and are often the cause for accidents and the deaths of innocents.

Yeah they just swarmed the vehicle in their illegal protests that blocked the road, then proceeded to act aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    If you were on the train and the conductors blocked every exit and wouldn't let you leave as part of their strike, if they were detaining you against your will, taking you hostage; then yes you should get to use force to gain your freedom.
    what if you force your way onto the train of your own volition?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I feared for my life, officer."

"Case dismissed."