Thread: Issues with SEF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not considered "pets" so they don't have the AoE reduction. I noticed this right away after shamans in SoO when fighting those two blind blademasters and would get cleaved.

Basically anything that cleaves/aoes can kill your clones, so you'll need to keep an eye out. Also Xuen is easily killed by cleaves and aoe as well since he's classified as a guardian.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

This definitely happened in MoP. I encountered it a lot in Challenge Modes. Also encountered it a fair bit on heroic Garrosh progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post
    They're not considered "pets" so they don't have the AoE reduction. I noticed this right away after shamans in SoO when fighting those two blind blademasters and would get cleaved.

Basically anything that cleaves/aoes can kill your clones, so you'll need to keep an eye out. Also Xuen is easily killed by cleaves and aoe as well since he's classified as a guardian.
    If aoe kills them then why was I able to kill desecrated weapons with them?

I use the addon Storm Earth and fire -

It shows you who the minions are on, if you are targeting the same one they are, or if they de-spawn - it also gives audible warnings so it is super easy to track.

it was recently updated and is working great.

PS: if you want to move it, click the red circle in the top left, I had an issue with that initially.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post

Your right. I did some checking and from what I found thus far it is most likely only the Aoe ground effects that they are immune to. But not the Aoe cleave effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post

If aoe kills them then why was I able to kill desecrated weapons with them?
    Desecrated Weapons seem to just be different for some reason. I never had my clones die to those either, but anything that cleaved... instantly dead. Maybe there's some weird distinction between cleave and AoE?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Outzy View Post
    Your right. I did some checking and from what I found thus far it is most likely only the Aoe ground effects that they are immune to. But not the Aoe cleave effects.
    That makes sense, sort of.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Pets have never been immune to AoE cleaves. They have avoidance to reduce the damage they take from them by 90%. The problem is that monk clones have about 10% of the monks total health which is about 18-20k as opposed to hunter/warlock pets with 200k. Obviously our clones don't really get healed with the current healing model so they do die on some trash.

Best thing you can do is just try not to spawn them before the tank pulls/body pulls and track their uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I use the addon Storm Earth and fire -

It shows you who the minions are on, if you are targeting the same one they are, or if they de-spawn - it also gives audible warnings so it is super easy to track.

it was recently updated and is working great.

PS: if you want to move it, click the red circle in the top left, I had an issue with that initially.
    Thx. Ill try it out to see if it works better for me than the WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Pets have never been immune to AoE cleaves. They have avoidance to reduce the damage they take from them by 90%. The problem is that monk clones have about 10% of the monks total health which is about 18-20k as opposed to hunter/warlock pets with 200k. Obviously our clones don't really get healed with the current healing model so they do die on some trash.
    Yup, this is exactly the problem. Blizzard wants them to be like totems which can be easily stomped in PVP with direct damage. But they designed them like pets with an AOE damage reduction. They should instead design them like totems to only take damage from direct hits and not AOE/cleaves.

Essentially players should be able to stomp clones in one direct hit in PVP, but clones shouldn't die in PVE unless they get aggro.