Elixir of Deep Earth

Is anyone running with this + a crit elixir?

Deep Earth grants 268 bonus armor. (Can confirm as I have used in game)

I was initially using Elixir of the Cobra along with it, which grants 89 crit according to the tooltip, but when I actually used one, it only granted me 50 crit.

I'm currently suffering from the "A character with that name already exists" glitch, but when I get back in game, I will give Mad Hozen Elixir a shot. (85 crit in tooltip)

The crazy thing is that completely unbuffed, I had 4168 attack power...when I drank the Deep Earth, I ended up with 4464 attack power. For all of you that math well, thats 296 attack power, not 268. So, is bonus armor worth 1.104 attack power per point or what?

So, according to Duffster's stat weights, using the Deep Earth+Elixir of the Cobra (even at +50 crit) is 14% better than using a +250 strength flask, even after you add in the 5% from Kings.

Is my math off? Am I just crazy for thinking this far outside the box? Or what?

Just want to hear people's opinion on this. Surely it isn't Blizzard's intention for elixirs from 2 expansions ago to provide more stats than the most current flasks available, is it? And if it's slipped through the cracks, then, fuggit...I'll take the 15ish % increase it will give me over the shiny new draenic flasks.

The Mop Elixirs are best yes the Cata ones tooltips are wrong and actually gives less than they say.

I've planned on elixirs from MoP being better since early beta.

Your mastery give extra % of attack power. thats why you get more than 268 AP from deep earth.

But yes, elixir of deep earth is BiS elixir (It was supposed to be nerfed but wasn't) @ 268 BA. Mantid Elixir is a close second @ 256 BA and is easier to get (cheaper mats, more plentiful). MoP Crit elixir (85, dont use cata elixir, its only 50) does not add parry so while it is also BiS for gladiator, it isn't for prot, in which use mastery elixir. All temporary buffs to crit do not add parry. Probably a bug, probably intended, Blizz can't make up its mind.

I've been running mantid + mad hozen as much as I can because I had a ton of mats saved up.

Going to stock up on Mantid and Mad Hozen elixirs. Hope they don't get nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonravor View Post
    Going to stock up on Mantid and Mad Hozen elixirs. Hope they don't get nerfed.
    dont be suprised if they do, blizzard isnt big on last expansion stuff being useful
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!