Bleed snapshoot clarification

Hello,

i only started using bloodtalons in wod now, did avoid doc in mop but finnaly decided to give it a go and its not that hard
    I did read trough the feral guid but am still not sure about when exactly i should clip bleeds and when not.
    For example i have a savage roar and bloodtalons buffed rip which has still lats say 20 sec duration. I have 5 CP, savage roar, bloodtalons and the tigers fury buff up. Should i clip my rip with savage roar, bloodtalons and on top tigers fury or is it better spent on FB? Same goes for rake, the duration is still more then the pandemic threshold, have savage roar, bloodtalons and can reaply a new one with same buffs plus tigers fury.

they dont snapshot ever since wod.

The above is wrong. They still snapshot. You always want to apply a stronger rip or rake if time allows, or if the target is within execute phase or the target is going to die before the length of a fully buffed rip or rake will fall off. If you find yourself in the last 3 scenarios, you'll want to FB - essentially extending a fully buffed rip or simply fb.

- - - Updated - - -

In reference to trinkets, these do not snapshot for the full duration of a bleed, if your trinket drops after 5s, any bleeds loose their effects, unlike in MoP where they stayed until the bleed ran off.
    Last edited by Varna; 2014-11-26 at 12:49 PM.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Savage Road, Bloodtalons and Tiger's Fury are still snapshotted.

The rest is not.

For instance if a standard rake is applied and is in Pandemic, you want to refresh it as soon as you can assuming you have bloodtalons and TF up. However if you have a fully buffed rake up and do not have any buffs to apply to it, wait as long as you can before refreshing it because it will be applying the NEW set of lower parameters.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

If you cast any type of bleed/dot effect under buffs, the second those buffs drop, the bleeds/dots will lower in damage proportionately. If you cast dots/bleeds with no buffs up, and trinkets/buffs become active, the bleeds/dots will gain the added bonuses for their remaining duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    If you cast any type of bleed/dot effect under buffs, the second those buffs drop, the bleeds/dots will lower in damage proportionately.
    Not for savage roar, bloodtalons or tiger's fury.
    Digital Rumination
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

So why do ferals get snapshotting but noone else does? probably why they are so strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ferals aren't so strong. They are fairly mid level right now, unless you are referring to the healing (which I assume you're not as you reference damage).

Not many other classes have so many self buffs that increase their damage by a %, specifically savage roar is intended to reward players for bringing it up at the right time. To stay on par with other classes, we need SR up permanently, otherwise we drop below tanks in DPS.

It doesn't take much to be an average feral, it takes a bit more to be a good feral though. It's part of what keeps the rotation so interesting.
    Digital Rumination

I'm not sure if your trolling or not.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have added "It's a lot easier now though" to the end of that.

And no, no trolls, what part of my post makes you think that? The last line? If so, I should clarify that being a good feral is not hard, but in comparison to most other dps classes, it's harder.
    Digital Rumination

I was refering to the moonkin. Damn phone + forums = bad combo.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries, got a little confused there
    Digital Rumination

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    So why do ferals get snapshotting but noone else does? probably why they are so strong.
    Implying they weren't balanced around it...

Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    Hello,

i only started using bloodtalons in wod now, did avoid doc in mop but finnaly decided to give it a go and its not that hard
    I did read trough the feral guid but am still not sure about when exactly i should clip bleeds and when not.
    For example i have a savage roar and bloodtalons buffed rip which has still lats say 20 sec duration. I have 5 CP, savage roar, bloodtalons and the tigers fury buff up. Should i clip my rip with savage roar, bloodtalons and on top tigers fury or is it better spent on FB? Same goes for rake, the duration is still more then the pandemic threshold, have savage roar, bloodtalons and can reaply a new one with same buffs plus tigers fury.
    I updated the section today and it should answer your questions more clearly, but it can be summed up as:
    Rake: Always.
    Rip: Never except in execute.

Also to add to the rest of the thread, Improved Rake also snapshots.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Class mechanics snapshot, the rest (stats, trinket mechanics etc) don't.

Thanks for the answer aggixx, will have to get used to not clip it since i have been doing it for the whole of Mop.

One last exampel YOur rip is only buffed by savage roar, duration still 20 sec. You have the chance to clip it with a rip buffed by savage roar, blood talons, tigers fury. Even in this case you dont clip it ?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I tried clipping only rake as the guide suggests and clipping rip only in the case of the boss being under 25% if i can get a stronger one running. I finde myselfe ferocious biting much more that way. But i must say it feels wrong not clipping a rip above 25% boss health if a stronger one could be applied. And since im using droodfocus to track my bleed durations and bleed strength and the green dot indication on rip just makes me wanna clip it
    But i guess its all a matter of getting used to?

Thanks for the answer aggixx, will have to get used to not clip it since i have been doing it for the whole of Mop.

One last exampel YOur rip is only buffed by savage roar, duration still 20 sec. You have the chance to clip it with a rip buffed by savage roar, blood talons, tigers fury. Even in this case you dont clip it ?
    That's correct. If that initial Rip was also missing Savage Roar, then it would be worth clipping (but only if the second Rip has the buffs as you described).

I should add that perhaps at higher mastery levels later on in the expansion it may become worth clipping in the situation you describe.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried clipping only rake as the guide suggests and clipping rip only in the case of the boss being under 25% if i can get a stronger one running. I finde myselfe ferocious biting much more that way. But i must say it feels wrong not clipping a rip above 25% boss health if a stronger one could be applied. And since im using droodfocus to track my bleed durations and bleed strength and the green dot indication on rip just makes me wanna clip it
    But i guess its all a matter of getting used to?
    There's a reason it is that way, Ferocious Bite just does a ton of damage. Indeed it is something you'll have to get used to.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-11-28 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    That's correct. If that initial Rip was also missing Savage Roar, then it would be worth clipping (but only if the second Rip has the buffs as you described).
    - - - Updated - - -
    Why is that, is this because FBing is so much better than clipping RiP?
    Forgive me, I am new and you are so great, I am reading you like a book Pawkets!

Quote Originally Posted by Santina View Post
    Why is that, is this because FBing is so much better than clipping RiP?
    Yes, basically, the difference in tick damage over the amount of time its applied has to sum up to more than a Ferocious Bite