Returning to WOW - How is World Pvp?

Two quick questions from a possible returning player:

1) With the removal of Flying mounts is World pvp more active? Or people dont leave their garrison?

2) Good World pvp class? Not realy into Arenas, maybe RBG's!

Thanks

1. I guess that depends on server, I've seen 3 or 4 alliance since WOD was released so for my server I can safely say there is no wPVP to speak of, but then again wPVP died on my server when Battlegrounds were released even though the population was much more even back then.

1. no idea.

1) On my server(s), people generally leave other faction alone, even ignore it completely. I'm thinking it's most due the the fact that first few days it was impossible to play and now that they can, they have so much to do that they don't want to be slowed down, thus not slowing down others.

At 100, I'm guessing it's another thing, but at 100 everyone goes to BGs, dungeons and such so no idea, really.

2) I'm guessing Feral, you pretty much have all you need, stealth, good dmg, heals, etc. On the other hand, better to play race/class you like, but that's IMHO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post

1) With the removal of Flying mounts is World pvp more active? Or people dont leave their garrison?

Thanks
    1. They need to leave their garrison for world quests/dailies or rares or farming or whatever. It's not quite like Cata, where people would afk in Org/Sw 24/7, there is actually stuff to do in the world.

2. Warrior. Shocking, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im on frostmourne-US. Not as good as it once was since there isn't as much active horde now but you still get a fair bit of fun. Timeless Isle in MoP was the best period of late for wpvp so you missed out on that. Ashran is a bit of a let down so I hope they rework it to be more like Timeless Isle.

Good wpvp class? You can't go past hunters. Track humanoids, range, perma snares and able to kite most classes for days on end even if you get ganked first. Mounted combat in Nagrand was made for hunters! They also bring a lot to the RBG table so you will have a ton of fun. I can't tell you what they are weak against since I steamroll everything 1v1.

There's no world PvP on my server. No point, world PvP serves no point in WoW since it rewards basically zero honor and it's never a fair fight, so most serious PvPers at 100 just do BGs or arenas, I'm sure you could go make world PvP happen by attacking cities in the zones, but eh, you'd probably just be fighting guards. I know on my server nobody would bother to come at all.

Even when leveling my Horde Priest, when I passed by Alliance we didn't bother fighting each other. Hell I helped multiple Alliance kill different mobs, and they helped me as well. Faction is irrelevant, there's no real reason to attack the other faction because literally nothing is gained from it. You don't get honor, you just waste your time and theirs and then either die and run back or heal yourself and carry on your way. Not really worth the time investment.

As for what class will be strong, Rogues are good because a good Rogue will never die with Burst of Speed and Vanishes, DKs are strong because of Death Grip, Hunters are really strong because they do crazy damage are ranged with decent mobility, and Ferals are good because of their high damage output and stealth.

I think that you have to make your world pvp.
    I have 2 friends that also like to kill allies, every time we are all online we go through the maps hunting allies and it is really fun, you have to look for neutral villages where the traffic is higher and there is no guards to kill you.
    Near garrisson is good to start some fights too, there will always be people coming.
    And if you have the sanctuary in your garrison you can trade the bones you get from wpvp for honor + pvp gear, I just reached lvl 100 and already got 3 pieces of pvp set and 2 other pvp gear. The honor set from ashran vendor is better, but these are still good to start farming honor and still do some damage in ashran/BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There's no world PvP on my server. No point, world PvP serves no point in WoW since it rewards basically zero honor and it's never a fair fight, so most serious PvPers at 100 just do BGs or arenas, I'm sure you could go make world PvP happen by attacking cities in the zones, but eh, you'd probably just be fighting guards. I know on my server nobody would bother to come at all.

Even when leveling my Horde Priest, when I passed by Alliance we didn't bother fighting each other. Hell I helped multiple Alliance kill different mobs, and they helped me as well. Faction is irrelevant, there's no real reason to attack the other faction because literally nothing is gained from it. You don't get honor, you just waste your time and theirs and then either die and run back or heal yourself and carry on your way. Not really worth the time investment.

As for what class will be strong, Rogues are good because a good Rogue will never die with Burst of Speed and Vanishes, DKs are strong because of Death Grip, Hunters are really strong because they do crazy damage are ranged with decent mobility, and Ferals are good because of their high damage output and stealth.
    As I said, you actually get a lot of honor and other rewards from bones you get in wpvp.
    Last edited by Kimd; 2014-11-26 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    1. Not really (99% of "world PVP" happens in Ashran).

2. Feral / rogue / hunter.

Wpvp has been dead for a while but now Blizzard is pissing on its grave with the introduction of insanely overpowered items that can be abused to hell in wpvp.

As an example, put a hunter or a mage on a telari talbuk (you can use offensive abilities while riding it, also can be summoned while in combat) and you will meet a god of wpvp, and I don't mean through some epic display of skill. I saw a hunter in Nagrand soloing a bunch of 100s because no one could fucking touch him with that mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimd View Post
    As I said, you actually get a lot of honor and other rewards from bones you get in wpvp.
    Okay, but I can do BGs and get full honor gear in ~6 hours, or I can do Ashran and get ~1000 bones an hour. Both are significantly faster than world PvP, so much so that world PvP is a waste of time completely.

If you count Ashran as world PvP then it's different, however.

World pvp seems sorta dead, then again im horde stormscale EU...
    Moving to ally this friday, gonna gank my socks OFF MUHAWHAWHAHAW....
    I think it really depends on server, so far i've seen 1 ally on stormscale.
    I do meet tons of hordes though, so faction change here i come!!!

For a good world pvp class? Rogue - Feral - Hunter. Those three seems pretty dang decent...
    Probably best just to find a class you enjoy.

Thanks all for your opinions.. it seems there is no wpvp.. i miss those times were u had to fight for a mining vein...
    Rogue Hunter and Warlock are my main options..
    Rogue for the stealth, and Hunter since i read you can play with no pet (lone wolf) seems very appealing...

~Still deciding! Thanks all

Thanks all for your opinions.. it seems there is no wpvp.. i miss those times were u had to fight for a mining vein...
    Rogue for the stealth, and Hunter since i read you can play with no pet (lone wolf) seems very appealing...

Lone Wolf isn't exactly a pvp talent, you're sacrificing everything that requires a pet for a 30% damage boost. It's fine in zergfests and rbgs where you have a healer but for 1v1 and random bgs...ouch.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't listen to these guys mate. There is plenty of wpvp on pvp servers unless the realm pop like 95% of one faction. I love wpvp, for the griefing and the randomness that can occur. Some of the most fun I have had is wpvping in timeless Isle, I think my best was kiting 9 horde and killing all on my huntard. I have had some great moments now as well on draenor, especially in Nagrand. I've had horde groups form and come after me, people getting on their mains to people logging on ally alts to trash talk me and sometimes even a 'good fight' whisper. wpvp is not dead, its just more solo and small gang now instead of giant zergs of crossroads, tarren mill etc. As I said, roll hunter they were made for wpvp. A lot of these replies have made me realise that people only care about things that benefit them instead of things that are actually fun to do regardless if they serve no other purpose.

Also, Lone Wolf is great fun for wpvp as long as your good at being a hunter. If you need to you can also call your pet out to start getting pet benefits (like masters call and Roar Of Sacrifice) plus spirit bond if you have it chosen. Doing that would lose you exotic munitions but then we still have concussive shot at the cost of a gcd. For bg's I stick with exotic munitions though.
    Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2014-11-27 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph

EU-Emeriss horde, over 1k honorable kills in world pvp (not Ashran) since wod release, having a blast.

I didn't really encounter any during WoD, I'm on Outland EU which is a PvP server heavily dominated by alliance, and although I saw many horde players, I chose not to engage, simply because they didn't open fire (which I guess would've been a bad choice if they did, considering the concentration of players at certain quest hubs). It was very tempting at times, however, especially when you play a hunter.

I expect there will be much more world PvP in WoD though, due to the lack of flying mounts. Sure, people can AFK in garrisons now instead of world cities, meaning there's less players to kill, but there's also loads in draenor now, and with no way to escape, you either choose to try and run away or stick it out and try and win the fight. Back in MoP, I still had a few kills when we used to raid the horde PvP vendor and stuff, as well as over the occassional farming spots for cloth and the currencies, but it wasn't that much.

I heard there's a lot of world pvp on rp-pvp servers. That includes guilds focused mainly on world pvp! Maybe you should try that out

Bleeding Hollow US has some good WPVP, it's a huge server and it was 55/45 H/A in MOP (not sure what it is now), Tichondrius had a lot of players go ally so you can go out and farm some glads in WPVP if you find them, not sure about other servers since those are the only ones I've played on in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Okay, but I can do BGs and get full honor gear in ~6 hours, or I can do Ashran and get ~1000 bones an hour. Both are significantly faster than world PvP, so much so that world PvP is a waste of time completely.

If you count Ashran as world PvP then it's different, however.
    Yes, if you only look for rewards Wpvp is not the way, if don't have fun hunting and killing people around the maps it is not worth to waste your time on it.