Poll: Do you focus on "ONE" class, or "MANY" alts?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Follower missions are VERY time consuming.
    Check on every hours.

Crazy to do 3 or more alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Alts all day, erry day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Everyone should at least get their alts' garrisons built. Just log in daily to collect mats when you need them.
    Don't forget the trade post.

Use the rescources to buy expansive mats, at 1440 rescources p/day(11 chars), it can really add up. i.e, if a raw mat cost 10g a piece, you can earn 3.6k gold p/day. But the real money will come from crafted gear, if it does not take a huge nosedive(20k-30k(per char) every 10 days with a lvl 2 forge/gem boutique )
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2014-11-29 at 02:43 AM.

Huge altoholic here, but this expansion, it's been hard. Right now, I have one 100, one 97, and one 92. Three garrisons are already a lot to manage. I don't want any more than that. I'm acutally postponing leveling my other characters. I'm not sure how things will go this time around. For instance, on my mage, who is a tailor / enchanter, I've decided that I'm not gonna bother mining at all. I'll be "wasting" mats, sure, but I don't wanna exhaust myself.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, though; at least not yet. I'm having a lot of fun on my two "mains" (the 100 and the 97) so far. It's just a huge (and unexpected) change from how I was playing during Cata and Mists. Just not sure how things will look a few months from now.
    Last edited by wonderlust; 2014-11-29 at 02:48 AM.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

i need to get an SSD for how often I have to relog to manage garrisons across 4 characters.

My warrior has been my "main" since 2005, and I've always focused on him more than any others. The only "serious" alts I have are my warlock and paladin, but you can still see a huge difference between them and my warrior, even when they're level capped. The alts always have shit gear that's a couple of tiers behind, while my warrior is all beast mode.

There was a very brief period during BC where my guild was desperate for warlocks, had too many melee DPS, and had a hard time recruiting any good warlocks. So I made the warlock my raiding main for about a month. But once we got a permanent warlock replacement in, I switched back to my fury warrior.

I only rolled the paladin because my guild went through a period in Wrath where we had problems keeping reliable healers, so I got him to 80/half geared to have us a backup healer in a pinch. I specifically picked those two alts so I could cover any role needed. Warrior for melee DPS, Paladin for tank/heal (I hate tanking on a warrior), and warlock for ranged DPS. But these days, I rarely have to use those alts and primarily stick to my warrior at all times.

Although I've barely started working on the alts this expansion. The warlock is 91 and has a garrison. Haven't touched the pally yet.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-12-04 at 03:57 PM.