Poll: Do you focus on "ONE" class, or "MANY" alts?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you focus on "ONE" class or "MANY" alts in WoD?

I am coming back soon to WoW after taking about 8 months off.

Reading up on these garrisons, it seems to me that they take quite a bit of time and energy.

I love way to many races and classes to just focus on one, but it alarms me that if I dont, I wont be able to focus on stuff like garrisons.

how do you guys manage your time? Do you play one class mainly, or an army of alts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play one character, but there's a lot of profit to be had if you manage to balance a few alts in your garrisons, so much so that I'm thinking about working on at least one extra toon.

This time around its gonna be one main raider and one alt Lfrtard

One on horde and one alliance, always been horde before but wanted to check the alliance side out now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a tried and true altoholic! I level my alts mostly to have access to all the professions, I like to be self-sufficient.

However, with this xpac (and it's very early on mind you) it's hard to leave my main on the sidelines because I always feel like their is something I can be doing to help him get ready for raiding. This will change as time goes on, but for now, I am having difficulty putting any quality time (outside of professions/garrisons) into any alts.

Deleted
    have any of you tried doing the follower missions thing with several characters?
    i've tried
    i'm not trying any more

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm generally a huge altoholic. Right now it's been two weeks and I already have three 100s even though I think I've been going along rather casually. The problem for me right now is that I can't really think about leveling some of my other characters because of the cost associated with garrisons. I've never had a ton of gold to begin with, and they take a ton of gold to get up and running. Then there is the time you have to put into them after you do get them up and running.

I may just end up having a few main characters this expansion and not leveling my other characters until later on when I get more of a gold base established. :P

Deleted
    With all the stuff I can do in my garrison on my main character it's getting hard to find time for me to even level my alts...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mutli-boxer x5, have 10, lvl 100's now, too easy
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

I'm focusing on my main (Resto Druid) but I'm also really enjoying my DK at the moment. I originally started leveling it so I could make a ton of Darkmoon cards, but I wound up really having fun with it.. so I may try and focus on it a bit during down time. It's almost 94; I may end up having two lvl100s sooner than I thought haha.

Signature by Shyama!

Just playing my Shaman and Priest, same as it's always been. Any characters beyond those 2 are super-casual "barely ever log in" alts.

Hard choices here:

I am playing the main. Holy Paladin, it is a pain to level him through quests as I need minutes to down those rare mobs, but I love the quests anyway. I promised my personal friend our Guild Master to go back to raiding again, so I am obliged of making him ready for Raids.

I also wanted to play my alt Hunter and certainly Rogue.

But ... I don't want to spoil things by redoing immediately all that awesome questing again. So I think I'll level my hunter by downing mobs and going for dungeons in just a few weeks.

The rogue I am going to level in 2-3 months time, because I think a stealth character is the best way to enjoy WOD leveling experience.

I don't see any other class (4rd) that can be played, unless you game for 6 hours a day and I don't want to do that anymore. I love board(war) gaming too.

I think playing for 2-3 hours per day WOW is excellent, unless you are hooked in doing one particular hardcore grind or search for something.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-11-26 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    Think I'm going to stick to 2 characters

Hunter for "serious" PvP and light PvE
    Druid for light PvP and "serious" PvE

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    One character, buuuuuut, I feel like I used my free 90 on the wrong guy, and restarted on the EU, so I'm busily leveling up the "right" guy (hopefully I don't change my mind when I get there!).

10+ Year Old Account
    I multibox 3 characters, will eventually have 3 of each class at max level like I had in MoP. Will probably have one main and one main alt though.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sticking with my warrior main, and 2-3 alts. I just can't shelf my druid, monk, and DK. Sure there is a lot to maintain with garrisons, but I'm not pressuring myself to stay on top of it all on all my alts.

I'd assume because the garrison is character based versus account based, a lot of characters can help feed you an endless supply of materials which cuts down on farming considerably.

It's impossible to seriously 'focus' on more than a few characters in WoD due to Garrisons and dailies being very time-intensive and grindy. I can only realistically focus on one main and the other alts only help with producing ore/herbs/savage blood.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

In the past I've been highly focused on my main, and it took a long time in MoP for me to get even a second character to 90. I'm changing that slightly in WoD because garrisons allow alts to generate quite a lot of value for little time investment, so I've nearly got my third 100 already. I'm anticipating focusing on two while using the third (and any others I level later) just for garrison stuff.

Deleted
    Kinda both, guild rules are to have 3 mains.