Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    From the 6.0 patch notes page:

Enhancement suffers from having their damage split among so many damage sources that none of it feels impressive. We changed the damage of several abilities to try to reorganize their damage into fewer, more impactful abilities, while keeping the net total the same.
    And this is still a problem. I would give up like three buttons to have something that hits for more than 20k on a crit. I would also like some better self healing. Like a feral druid or ret pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    If all you do is hit the button that the priority queue addon tells you to, then ofc it's not hard. Try to play it properly (by memorising the priority order and then making decisions yourself instead of letting an addon do it for you) and then you'll see.
    Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Some people just pick it up easily. If you came up to me and asked me if Enhancement is hard, I'd tell you no, because I've been playing it for that long I couldn't possibly give an objective answer. I could also tell you the last time I had any kind of priority addon was during sunwell, using DisqoDice for my totem twisting. Making the outlandish assumption that the only reason someone finds a spec easy is because they use an addon is just very narrow minded.

I have played Enhancement since Wrath. In wrath I dealt with being average DPS in raids. In MoP I felt i could compete with any class for the top spot if I was on my game. I have never felt so defeated as I do right now with this spec. I was praying that yesterdays buff was going to help but sadly, it was just a slap in the face. I have officially given up on this god awful spec and accepting that Blizzard doesn't know what they want to do with the spec. People aren't supporting addons for this spec because there is no reason to devote time into something people wont use. I will be switching to Ele tonight as it is the only viable Shaman spec and I dont want to start leveling all over again just yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    That's at ilvl 630, so much more relevant to the actual results in Highmaul Heroic raiding than the much debated 695 results.

- - - Updated - - -

There must be an issue there somewhere, yes, as a flat out buff cannot actually reduce our dps. Take with a pinch of salt.

Either way, we are pretty fine at the Highmaul item levels, hopefully we get some more tuning until Foundry HC is out.
    Last dps before hotfix 33.6k, after hotfix it's 35.0k.

And mythic progression will be in 685 gear for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-11-26 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Etna- View Post
    I would also like some better self healing. Like a feral druid or ret pally.
    I would love a mechanic like ret has, where after an honorable kill/kill that grants exp, it increases your next heal. I mean, while enhance does build the healing faster through maelstrom than ret does through Selfless healer, it's still just meh. I guess they consider wolves/totem enough or something.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Some people just pick it up easily. If you came up to me and asked me if Enhancement is hard, I'd tell you no, because I've been playing it for that long I couldn't possibly give an objective answer. I could also tell you the last time I had any kind of priority addon was during sunwell, using DisqoDice for my totem twisting. Making the outlandish assumption that the only reason someone finds a spec easy is because they use an addon is just very narrow minded.
    What he said.

Use some kind of judgement when making comments. Its not like who I am, where I play, and who I play with is a secret. You can find out pretty easily simply by looking at the words below this post. I dont maek this point for any reason other than to say that most high end mythic raiders dont get there by simply pressing the shiny button. If you read the entire post I stated that that is how it currently plays out. There is practically no thought required to play the enhance priority system other than do I use Searing or Magma, LB or CL, Nova or not to Nova. Thats about it (in its most dumbed down state obviously). But if you compare it to pre-6.0 feral or affliction, enhance is cheese.
    Science the shit out of it!

Enhance is scaling terribly with gear. We are just beating tanks with 695 ilvl.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Enhance is scaling terribly with gear. We are just beating tanks with 695 ilvl.
    Exactly. We saw the last round of sims where epole were saying "dont worry blizzard will fix it" or "sims arent accurate". Wake up call people, they were 100% accurate and they still are. It's obvious that either Blizzard has some type of error in their sims or they just don't care. Either way Enh is completely broken and the last "buff" was a pitiful attempt. It was lazy and did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orothar View Post
    I don't think the Sims are very accurate. On the last sim, enh was at 35,673 dps. On this new one we have 35,018 dps. How is it we receive the 20% buff to SS and LL, and see a decrease? Something is wrong with that.
    Pretty sure enhancement hasn't been at 35.6k dps since before the trinket nerf.

Deleted
    I want Stormstrike back to interact with wearing 2handed weapons! Just for fun, doesnt have to be competitive, but seriously please, why remove this fun way of playing enhancement shaman? Please Blizz if you read in here, just reverse that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by failbringer View Post
    Exactly. We saw the last round of sims where epole were saying "dont worry blizzard will fix it" or "sims arent accurate". Wake up call people, they were 100% accurate and they still are. It's obvious that either Blizzard has some type of error in their sims or they just don't care. Either way Enh is completely broken and the last "buff" was a pitiful attempt. It was lazy and did nothing.
    I posted this before in a different thread, and I want to bring a few more eyes to it again:

I have really mixed feelings on this overall. Our damage seemed to be relevant after 6.0 when doing SoO in full BiS gear, but we are very quickly outclassed in 630-640 ilvl gear currently in Heroics, unless you pick up EM, PE and SE for enough sustained dps. Even then, if the fights were to go on for the full 5 minute duration you would find that we quickly fall behind warriors and mages just to name two classes at random.

They pruned some of our abilities, but they left others that needed to be removed. We still have a LOT of sources of damage, and we are effectively 'haste capped' with enough gear once we get to around 45-50% haste (YMMV). If I were emperor for the day, I would take all damage off of Frost Shock, increase SS and LL damage by a further 50%, remove baseline Unleash Elements (merged entirely with UF) and Magma Totem, and swap Primal Elementalist with Liquid Magma.

Doing these things removes one ability from our rotation entirely, and gives us a choice of what kind of DPS talent we want at level 90, puts more emphasis on our primary damage source abilities and keeps haste relevant no matter how much of it we stack. You need more movement? Chose UF. Like to PvP or need single target damage? Use EB. Time for some AoE? Chose LM.
    I keep seeing people thumping their chests, rambling on about how the sims have told the whole story the entire time, should have listened before, etc etc. The problem these arguments is that you cant successfully convince the developers to buff or 'fix' our class by relying entirely on patchwerk dps sims from Simulationcraft. You need to accurately convey our 'real' problems with actual gameplay so they understand the issue that our spec currently faces. Let me give it a shot:

1. We STILL have a lot of damage sources, many of which are a relatively small portion of our overall damage. Its like our entirely playstyle is schizophrenic! Are we melee or elemental primary? Choose one! I personally want SS, LL and LB combined to be more than 50%-60% of our overall damage so it actually feels like it means something when I press those buttons. If you compare our SS and LL damage to other classes 'hard hitters', ours are very very weak.

2. Several of our abilities are unnecessary for our play-style and should have been pruned. There is little reason to have Unleashed Elements as a baseline ability when its entire function could have been merged with a talent or covered via passive class benefits. Removing Earth Shock and replacing its function entirely with Frost Shock is...nice...but its still just a modest source of damage that could be removed and applied to other abilities. There is no reason for FrS to do damage or be on the GCD. Take it off the GCD, remove its damage and move that damage potential to SS and LL.

3. I know you try your hardest to make Magma Totem 'good', but really this has always been a frustration portion of our gameplay to be CONSTANTLY redropping it to make sure its in damage range or to account for mob movement. Either remove this ability or at a bare minimum give us some kind of visual cue for its actual damage range - a faded red circle that only we can see would be a wonderful QoL improvement for this ability.

4. With Ret style haste scaling, we actually end up benefiting less from our own buff (Heroism/Bloodlust) than most other classes because we want to reach the GCD haste cap of 50%. If you removed Frost Shock from the rotation (point 2), it removes our scaling issue entirely, meaning we could stack an impossible amount of haste and never reduce SS or LL to a 1 sec CD. This makes haste scale equally as well with mastery and multistrike throughout the entire expansion, and makes Echo a MUCH more rewarding and desirable talent while still preserving the functionality and usefulness of EM and AS.

5. In terms of continued ability consolidation, making our level 90 talents 3 distinctive buttons would be wonderful. Having UF function exactly how UE and the talent currently function combined reduces clutter, while paring it with EB and Liquid Magma make that tier a simple 'what kind of extra rotational ability do you want to fit your desired gameplay style or encounter type'.

6. With PE placed on the last tier, there is no need to have two types, and indeed two functions of the Storm Elemental. Simply chose the type you want to use: Fire or Storm Elemental with the movement speed aura or some Elemental Fusion shenanigans if you are Elemental.
    Last edited by Hothgor; 2014-11-26 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    If i normalize everything to do enhancer dps: (87.4%)

Mult 3.94
    Crit 3.24
    Haste 2.93
    Vers 2.60
    Mastery 2.36

As one can see, Versatility is basically on the same level as none has extra benefits from versatitliy.

So you see, haste is for eles as good as for enhancers, yet they have crit and mult a lot stronger than for enhancers...
    Can you elaborate more on these numbers? Where did you get them? Under what conditions? You just said that crit is even worse then before (it was worst stat IIRC) so how could crit suddenly become second best stat? Also Icy Veins shows completely different order. I know that this has to be taken with grain of salt, but anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Pretty sure enhancement hasn't been at 35.6k dps since before the trinket nerf.
    when was the trinket nerf?

when was the trinket nerf?
    November 21 hotfix notes:

"Many Warlords of Draenor trinkets received an adjustment to their stats to provide a bonus that's more appropriate for the trinket's item level. "

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    1. We STILL have a lot of damage sources, many of which are a relatively small portion of our overall damage. Its like our entirely playstyle is schizophrenic! Are we melee or elemental primary? Choose one! I personally want SS, LL and LB combined to be more than 50%-60% of our overall damage so it actually feels like it means something when I press those buttons. If you compare our SS and LL damage to other classes 'hard hitters', ours are very very weak.
    Personally, "Damage Sources" does not bother me. I very much doubt removing minor sources like FrS and non-sources like UE will do anything but leave us with a rotation that has plenty of "Waiting" and hardcasting LB. With the way we're performing there is plenty of room to further beef up LL and SS without having to give up anything else. Hell, they could have increased them both by 80% yesterday and we'd still fall in the middle of that simcraft.

November 21 hotfix notes:

"Many Warlords of Draenor trinkets received an adjustment to their stats to provide a bonus that's more appropriate for the trinket's item level. "
    I am pulling the 35.6 from simulationcraft on the 24th. Maybe they hadn't updated it for the nerfed trinket, maybe they did. All I know is I checked the sim on Monday and it was 35.6, now it's 35.

I am pulling the 35.6 from simulationcraft on the 24th. Maybe they hadn't updated it for the nerfed trinket, maybe they did. All I know is I checked the sim on Monday and it was 35.6, now it's 35.
    Looking through SimC's changelog, it looks like the trinket nerfs were put in on the 24th, so it's possible whatever release you had just happened to not include those changes yet.

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...954edb8071ec6e
    https://code.google.com/p/simulation...c83d65411654c7
    (etc.)

Looking through SimC's changelog, it looks like the trinket nerfs were put in on the 24th, so it's possible whatever release you had just happened to not include those changes yet.
    I had screen shot the sim results and sent it to a friend at 7pm on the 24th. I'm just trying to hold on to some hope that the sim is not showing our buff correctly. Lol. Oh well. Guess I can heal.

Latest sims, including the latest hotfixes (as of 27. november)
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Enha is 2nd worst DPS in high quality gear.

About 22% lower than the best DPS in simulations.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2014-11-26 at 10:44 PM.

Was also thinking that nerfing the trinket's would affect everyone. Just don't see how we can receive a buff and still finish last. Lol. GG Blizzard.