Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Strict budget build

Okays guys. I have a bit of a project for you. I am on a very very strict budget and can't go over it. In fact, I would like to keep it as cheap as possible without gimping or play russian roulette without the build by buying cheap pieces just to save a couple bucks. But at the same time I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. That's why I ask for your help because tbh you all haven't let me down before when it comes to computer parts and builds so I know I can trust you guys for information this time. I have a budget of $570.00 US dollars for all parts except for the graphics card (Which I plan on adding later) I have ordered a couple pieces already. Again, I need it to add up to at max 560 after rebates but before taxes. The only game I play is WoW and I wish to play it on high to ultra

CPU: I5-4690k - $180 (Bestbuy will match the Microcenter)
    SSD - Crucial mx100 128 gigs - $70 (Amazon)
    Hard Drive - Aready own
    DvD Burner - Already own
    Ram - 69.99 HyperX Fury Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10F/8 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820104442 ? Any good?
    Motherboard - Need
    Case - Need
    PSU - Need

10+ Year Old Account
    First, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum.

Second, this setup gives you $90 to do whatever you want with the case... HOWEVER, I noticed that you didn't list the GPU as needed, nor already having. Does that need to fit in somewhere?

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($180.00)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.92 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $473.88
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    First, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum.

Second, this setup gives you $90 to do whatever you want with the case... HOWEVER, I noticed that you didn't list the GPU as needed, nor already having. Does that need to fit in somewhere?

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($180.00)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.92 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $473.88
    Oh nice that's cheaper than I expected. Thanks a bunch. Is that brand of memory any good? Never heard of it before. Am willing to spend 70 dollars on the Kingston fury if it is better Also, what type of case would you suggest to me that could fit a dvd burner, hard drive, ssd, and a large high quality graphics card down the road. Cheap as possible of course but willing to sacrafice a few dollars if it's a good case. Thanks again

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-750Ti-.../dp/B00IB9P1KG Is the graphics card I plan on getting. It has amazing reviews on amazon and newegg.
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2014-11-26 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Aim for a 270(x) instead. Tiny bit more expensive, but a hell of a lot better!

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A..._Ti_OC/25.html

As an example

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post

As an example
    Will take a look at that thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Should I get a 650 watt psu in case I get a really powerful graphics card?

The 550W XFX will run any single-GPU card out there
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Can I temporarily hijack this thread and ask for a case recommendation to go along with this build? Also, is it wise to pair an SSD with a HDD? DVD drive?

Quote Originally Posted by hamchook View Post
    Can I temporarily hijack this thread
    No you cannot
    However you can make your own thread and we can help you there.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    No you cannot
    However you can make your own thread and we can help you there.
    I was actually wondering about a good case myself

And thanks for the replies guys you guys rock!!

I was thinking maybe this case http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbid.../dp/B009GXZ8MM
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2014-11-26 at 04:27 PM.

Solid choice of a case

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solid choice of a case
    Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Just a clarification. Since I have a little bit of money left over. Would I be better off with the HyperX Fury Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10F/8 or the Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (Yellow Heat Spreader) Model TLYD38G1600HC9DC01 that Chazus kindly found me. I'm willing to spend the extra 13 dollars on the hyper x if it's worth it.

It's not worth it as there will be no difference between the 2 aside from how it looks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post

As an example
    I'm noticing with a lot of reviews the card isn't really any good. Any other cards you can suggest around the 160 dollar range?

All the ones i'm looking at seem fine, where are you seeing the reviews?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the ones i'm looking at seem fine, where are you seeing the reviews?
    Newegg and Amazon have a lot of complaints about having to rma them. I'd rather not have to deal with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Newegg and Amazon have a lot of complaints about having to rma them. I'd rather not have to deal with that.
    Those arent "reviews". And you can pick another 270x if you want. This one for example

You could also look at the 270

No matter what GPU you get there will be a risk that it will be defective and you will have to RMA it.
    The vast majority of 270X's have overly positive reviews(like these on newegg) and you can look up individual reviews(on a site like tweaktown) and see that most are very good cards.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what GPU you get there will be a risk that it will be defective and you will have to RMA it.
    The vast majority of 270X's have overly positive reviews(like these on newegg) and you can look up individual reviews(on a site like tweaktown) and see that most are very good cards.
    Okay those seem better. Do you have any of these cards? Would the card I first suggested work well with WoW? Or any other cards. Appreciate the input. I'm just trying to be sure I get this right because it's a lot of money for me and I won't be able to do this again for a long time. Hopefully I'm coming across grateful for the help.

No I do not have any of those cards as i'm currently stuck with a meh half-broken GTX 460 that I really need to replace

And the 750ti would be a good card, but the 270X would be a even better card though since WoD has put more strain on the GPU, you could use the extra grunt that it would give you over the 750ti.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I do not have any of those cards as i'm currently stuck with a meh half-broken GTX 460 that I really need to replace

And the 750ti would be a good card, but the 270X would be a even better card though since WoD has put more strain on the GPU, you could use the extra grunt that it would give you over the 750ti.
    Okay how about this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-775-_-Product